Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt450

HUD not working

I have tried countless times yo get the HUD to show anything. Even loading from the PMDG tutorial #2 saved flight the HUD always remains blank when I lower it? Is tere some solution? If so, I wold like to hear about it

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've had this problem before. Try going into your DLL.XML, and clean it up a bit. There should be a back-up one there, and look through them to find the 'PMDG NGX HGS' one and copy it into the current one, if that doesn't work, uninstall and re install.

Also make sure you are sitting right. I found that EZdok usually moves default viewpoint away from where it should be. If you use EZdok, try disabling it, then use Reset viewpoint key combination (set in FSX control panel)

i have that problem too, i looked for the dll.xml as you said and i did see that pmdghud.dll, it's written there that it disabled, should i overwrite with enable? thanks

i have that problem too, i looked for the dll.xml as you said and i did see that pmdghud.dll, it's written there that it disabled, should i overwrite with enable? thanks

Hi dan, I imagined you made a back up copy of your hard drive as i had. I had the same problem as you , all i did is went to my back up copy of user/data /roaming/fsx i copied the whole folder and than just paste it over the corrupted folder. Than it was all back to normal again. But your way could work too since didnt try that way, you could always try but remember make a back up copy first

Hi dan, I imagined you made a back up copy of your hard drive as i had. I had the same problem as you , all i did is went to my back up copy of user/data /roaming/fsx i copied the whole folder and than just paste it over the corrupted folder. Than it was all back to normal again. But your way could work too since didnt try that way, you could always try but remember make a back up copy first

thanks mate, will try and report back.

For future reference, it might be useful to include HOW you solved your problem.

whoops :wacko: . sorry.

It turns out that I did not have the following lines in the dll.xml file:

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

Matt450.  I have the problem, and I would  be grateful for the entire DLL entry for the HGS.

Many thanks.

I have the problem, and I would  be grateful for the entire DLL entry for the HGS.

It's actually all posted up on support.precisionmanuals.com - instant help.

Matt450.  I have the problem, and I would  be grateful for the entire DLL entry for the HGS.

Many thanks.

You can contact PMDG support, they will fix it for you.

I found the full enty and now the HUD is working.  Of course nothing goes perfectly, as the information does not sit squarely in the HUD, so the altitude tape is off to one side, and sometimes the lower portions of the info actually appear to be behind the glareshield and the wiper blade.  I will consult support on this smaller problem.

But thanks all for your help, much appreciated.

I will consult support on this smaller problem.

The issue is that of collimation.  The altitude tape being off to one side is probably due to your viewpoint not being centered.  With collimation, even though the lens (collimator) is a few feet in front of you, it appears as if the projection is out a few hundred feet in front of the aircraft.  This means that when you move your head, the image remains in the same spot, almost as if it was anchored to objects outside.

Watch here:

If you do not have TrackIR or similar, you can adjust your eyepoint with combinations of:

CTRL + ENTER/BACKSPACE

SHIFT + ENTER/BACKSPACE

CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER/BACKSPACE

As far as the latter issue, it's an issue with FSX with no solution.  It is known, however.

Scandinavian13,  I cannot thank you enough.  I have not flown the PMDG for some time, and as a result I forgot a lot of this sort of detail.  I have been reading the manuals but mainly concentrating on procedures.   

Scandinavian13, I cannot thank you enough. I have not flown the PMDG for some time, and as a result I forgot a lot of this sort of detail. I have been reading the manuals but mainly concentrating on procedures.

You're welcome Ian! I've just come out of a sim hiatus as well (just checked my online stats and saw my last NGX flight seems to have been 23 December of last year, before I got back into the sim a few days ago) so I've managed to find a few errors of my own.

More than once in the past few days, I've reset the MCP but haven't pulled back my throttles (and I use the "override hardware throttles unless in ARM/etc. modes," so I've managed to ruin a few descents that way.

Live and learn, and eventually remember, right? :wink: