Sign in to follow this  
WTE_Pharoah

Future Product Range

yeah I guess. Re the 737s, there's a big diff between Capt Sim and PMDG. I guess you can say the same thing about QW and PMDG.

I'm confident FSL will pull through on the Airbus series, and it's currently my most anticipated product.

I think PMDG have got a great choice of aircraft still available to them. I expect - and hope - they will do a B787 as a 757/767 won't make that much sense. I sincerely hope they do a regional turboprop (Dash8 or a great ATR72 model) and maybe some smaller regional jets (CRJ, E-Jets?).

Why do you think the 757/767 doesn't make sense?

The 767 has the level D yes, but that is getting quite old. As for the 757 there is not a quality add-on out there, the quality wings isn't that good (IMO), nor is captain sim's.

Not to mention I'm sure there is stuff coming from both the 737 and 777 that can be used in a 757 or a 767, and a lot that can be used in both of them.

And also the 757 is an awesome plane (not saying the 767 is bad, but the 757 is one of my personal favorites).

For me I'd love to see a 757 and a 767 made to PMDG standard, and it would make sense looking at the other boeings they have developed.

Having siad that I wouldn't mind an ATR 72, or an embraer series. The only thing I'm not really intrested in at the moment are airbuses, I think FSLab will make a great job on those as the 320 looks very promising and I'm sure they will keep on going afterwards (I myself would like a 320 but wouldn't mind having a 340 and a 330 in the hangar either).

I bet they will end up doing an RJ... 20% of traffic around here are Rj-2/7/900s.

Why do you think the 757/767 doesn't make sense?

The 767 has the level D yes, but that is getting quite old. As for the 757 there is not a quality add-on out there, the quality wings isn't that good (IMO), nor is captain sim's.

Not to mention I'm sure there is stuff coming from both the 737 and 777 that can be used in a 757 or a 767, and a lot that can be used in both of them.

And also the 757 is an awesome plane (not saying the 767 is bad, but the 757 is one of my personal favorites).

For me I'd love to see a 757 and a 767 made to PMDG standard, and it would make sense looking at the other boeings they have developed.

Having siad that I wouldn't mind an ATR 72, or an embraer series. The only thing I'm not really intrested in at the moment are airbuses, I think FSLab will make a great job on those as the 320 looks very promising and I'm sure they will keep on going afterwards (I myself would like a 320 but wouldn't mind having a 340 and a 330 in the hangar either).

I agree there is no quality 757 at the moment (and I don't think the new CS version will shine either). My reason for the 757/767 not making sense is they are slowly disappearing from airports (757 more so). I must admit to slightly disliking the 757 due to there being no adequate simulation of it, so it may change should PMDG announce they were to make it. I also think PMDG is focusing on long-haul birds too much (757 can easily do flights greater than 5 hours in duration etc) and need to look a smaller ones. I feel there would be a bigger market for those looking at doing smaller duration flights, perhaps into regional airports etc. (although I'd still love to see a B787 - new avionics for a Boeing etc, and looks great).

I would love to see PMDG make a 757 for medium and short haul flights

I wish..... :Drooling:

I would love to see PMDG make a 757 for medium and short haul flights

Same here, one of my favorite planes, but Ryan said no go because of Level D. By the time they release it, the 757 will be retired.

There's got to be close to 1000 of each aircraft (757/767) still in service; well maybe closer to 900 each, but that's still nothing to sneeze at. The 757 & 767 makes more sense for PMDG to do than the MD-11 ever was for them to create. I think I read some where there were only around 200 MD-11's ever in service. There is no doubt a PMDG 757/767 would be a boon for business.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

There is no doubt a PMDG 757/767 would be a boon for business.

I agree one hundred percent.

Well I fall into that category of liking flights <2hrs in duration hence why I keep mentioning the Dash8 (yeah I know majestic and all that). There's a big demand for it. Most VAs you join (if you're so inclined) make you start on the Dash8 or equivalent for a good reason...more sectors..more rotations...shorter flights, etc etc.

I for one will purchase the 777 but, in this day and age, I don't particularly want to leave my computer on overnight or through the day with ever increasing power bills so will only be doing short flights which is a waste of time.

Nah mate, give me a Dash8 or a B717 or something in that category.

The Dash 8 is another one of my favorites, I hope they will eventually go back and finish the project. The 200/300 would go nicely with the Majestic Q400.

Same here, one of my favorite planes, but Ryan said no go because of Level D. By the time they release it, the 757 will be retired.

If Level-D ever pull out of their 757 product or dont release it, then i would love PMDG to make one. the 757 is my 2nd favourite short/ medium hall after the 737. hopefully they dont put the 757 out of servicefor years to come now!!

• Upvote 1

I rescind my previous statements; now that I've had a think about it I'd love PMDG to do a 757 :P

I rescind my previous statements; now that I've had a think about it I'd love PMDG to do a 757 :P

Carefull! I started thinking of it, now it's all I really want them to do! :wacko:

Who knows, soon I may even wake up in the middle of the night from dreaming about it :ph34r:

I think the leveld 757 is not dead yet... I think we are in for a surprise

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK