Sign in to follow this  
Airbusman330

UPDATED: PMDG Releases Statement Regarding EULAs for P3D---->Avsim article

What's wrong with FSX? Here two vid. I made testing FSX around KMIA with LOD at 9.5 + Bloom enable + car traffic at 47% +++

Not perfect but....

There are plenty of things that are broken in FSX that are not frame or graphics related.

What even is P3D? A simple explanation will do, rather than ten pages full of information on it :P

Google.

-

Wouldn't it be an idea for pmdg to go down the route of L M and buy the code for FSX also, and then change it from their end?

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Google.

-

Wouldn't it be an idea for pmdg to go down the route of L M and buy the code for FSX also, and then change it from their end?

Alex

And then have to deal with PMDG's new set of EULAs? :LMAO:

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Google.

-

Alex

With whose money? If you're Lockheed Martin with a revenue of $45 billion dollars (2009) I'm sure whatever MS wanted for the ESP license is pocket change. PMDG of course doesn't publish their financial data, but since we know the price of their add-ons and have some rough estimates on the number of people interested (I believe Orbx have stated they estimate the size of the sim add-on market as 40,000 people) we can make an educated guess.

Also don't forget that to properly modify the ESP code PMDG would have to attract a lot of new team members to deal with all the areas they don't have expertise in (scenery for one).

Hi all!

Also consider, P3D IS a training platform aimed at the defence/professional market. Those who switched to it for simflying are doing so through the esbabotage of saying they're developers or simply lying (this is not a moral judgement, simply stating a fact).

Now, supporting (or even releasing) products for P3D even if it is de facto used as an entertainment plattform, creates the huge problem of having to guarantee the suitability of that product for the market P3D is intended for.

In my point of view untill there's a change from the P3D guys deciding to openly offer the program to the entertainment market thus creating a different version (or at least a different Licence) that allows a differentiation between commercial and entertainment in front of the law, PMDG is hand bound by the very contraints of the market it stems from. The contraints of the licences would simply overwhelm the original purpose of its products to their disadvantage.

What's wrong with FSX?

Clouds that look like clouds but aren't actually clouds perhaps?! Maybe with P3D we'll actually be able to fly in IMC rather than just hitting the side of a cloud and it disappearing?! Why couldnt Microsoft do what Flight Unlimited did all those years ago? And if anyone has played Birds Of Prey, that is a good example of how it should be done!

Clouds that look like clouds but aren't actually clouds perhaps?! Maybe with P3D we'll actually be able to fly in IMC rather than just hitting the side of a cloud and it disappearing?! Why couldnt Microsoft do what Flight Unlimited did all those years ago? And if anyone has played Birds Of Prey, that is a good example of how it should be done!

What you'r asking for is a brand new sim, taking what you like in every sim. and mixing everything together to make a new one, XP-10 as the cloud you want, P3D is (at this point) just a cow with lipstick on, they have improved it a little in some area but broked other stuff....

Do not forget that if P3D become DX11 one day you'll need (if you want the DX11 upgrade) a patch for all your scenery to be DX11 compatible (will the patch be free?) OR 3PD will make brand new scenery DX11 compatible and make you buy them all over again, wich one will it be?

What you'r asking for is a brand new sim, taking what you like in every sim. and mixing everything together to make a new one, XP-10 as the cloud you want, P3D is (at this point) just a cow with lipstick on, they have improved it a little in some area but broked other stuff....

Do not forget that if P3D become DX11 one day you'll need (if you want the DX11 upgrade) a patch for all your scenery to be DX11 compatible (will the patch be free?) OR 3PD will make brand new scenery DX11 compatible and make you buy them all over again, wich one will it be?

Just out of curiosity, what bone do you have to chew with P3D? Either use it or not. Didn't notice anyone twisting anybodies arms.

Just out of curiosity, what bone do you have to chew with P3D? Either use it or not. Didn't notice anyone twisting anybodies arms.

Since when is stating facts is chewing a bone? I can careless about who's using it or not.

I can careless about who's using it or not.

Please do. Go ahead and care less.

It's the same as FSX,but the interaction screen is not transparent,and a bit blocky.

It's the only sore point I have with P3D

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020