Sign in to follow this  
Airbusman330

UPDATED: PMDG Releases Statement Regarding EULAs for P3D---->Avsim article

Like most of us I would love to have a modern alternative to FSX but, unless you are in management at Lockheed, no one knows if that's P3D. PMDG may have several things it wants to accomplish in all of this but I take Robert at his word when he says he is looking after PMDG customers. Unless and until P3D is an actual commercial product, that we will have guaranteed access to going forward, I don't think we will see any supported PMDG products on that platform.

Steve Dwyer
Z370 GAMING M5 (MS-7B58)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB
Installed Physical Memory  32.0 GB

I'm very interested in getting an "improved FSX". From what I gather from these forums, there is a big P3D v2 coming out that is supposed to have a bunch of improvements. If they are signifigant enough I will have to try P3D.

I have been very concerned with the wording in the Prepar3d EULA. However at $50, the risk (LM snatching prvate licenesen from us) versus reward (an upgraded FSX that makes use of modern programming techniques and tools to improve sim experience) makes Prepar3d v2 a viable option.

However if the upgrades aren't signifigant enough I will stay on whatever platform offers the best addon aircraft.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Is anyone using P3D? I know ORBX are releasing products compatible with it. So, how does it perform in comparison with FSX???

I use P3d exclusively to get my Microsoft FS fix. (I also regularly fly XP10)

On my rig I get very much the same FPS and graphics but it feels a lot smoother than FSX. I know it is a very objective measure but I think the difference is so good that I can live without my RealityXP GPS'.

The RealityXP guages are pretty much the only addon that I can not get working in P3D.

P3D also doesn't appear to have real time weather built in but I use Active Sky 2012.

I use P3d exclusively to get my Microsoft FS fix. (I also regularly fly XP10)

On my rig I get very much the same FPS and graphics but it feels a lot smoother than FSX. I know it is a very objective measure but I think the difference is so good that I can live without my RealityXP GPS'.

The RealityXP guages are pretty much the only addon that I can not get working in P3D.

P3D also doesn't appear to have real time weather built in but I use Active Sky 2012.

Sounds to me it's kinda an FSX-lite with some minor performance-enhancing fixes. I don't like the idea of not having real-time weather.

I don't like the idea of not having real-time weather.

Is that not covered by AS2012?

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Yes, Active Sky 2012 gives me the real weather. I was just mentioning that I was surprised that you don't get real weather built into P3D.

Is that not covered by AS2012?

I know you can get it with AS2012. What I meant was no real-time update from P3D itself. Atleast with FSX I can get real-time weather without an external addon program needed.

At least with FSX I can get real-time weather without an external addon program needed.

If you can call it 'real' - it (MS FSX downloadable realtime WX) does not come close to a third party provider..the choice...as ever...is up to the end user.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Big%20Grin.gif

Wouldn't count on that ha.

Yes, Active Sky 2012 gives me the real weather. I was just mentioning that I was surprised that you don't get real weather built into P3D.

In training or research you'd want to set up your own weather anyway instead of just using whatever weather it happened to be outside, so it's not that surprising P3D doesn't include it.

In training or research you'd want to set up your own weather anyway instead of just using whatever weather it happened to be outside, so it's not that surprising P3D doesn't include it.

A valid point, but with the EULA conversation at the moment, I think there are a few people who would like to use P3D for recreational purposes. It make the third party providers life easier too.

A valid point, but with the EULA conversation at the moment, I think there are a few people who would like to use P3D for recreational purposes. It make the third party providers life easier too.

If LM decide to market at consumers I'm sure they will think about what features those people would like to have. At the moment though P3D is aimed only at researchers and training institutions.

What's wrong with FSX? Here two vid. I made testing FSX around KMIA with LOD at 9.5 + Bloom enable + car traffic at 47% +++

Not perfect but....