Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Some scenery questions.....

So if it was for just flying there, you don't need something extra.

I already have PNW but for areas outside of PNW (when flying heavies) I want to have half decent looking scenery.

I am not expecting ORBX quality but, I do hope to see a more accurate representation of ground vegitation, mesh, forests, landclass.. etc.

I guess I go for all three then now that you say that FSGenesis and GEX will not hurt my FPS. As long as I have control over the settings in UTX for better FPS, then I will be perfectly happy. :smile:

I wouldn't fear much impact with your system, Ben. I mean, you add detail like correct city layouts and the autogen and stuff, so there surely is 'more' for FSX to handle. But with the UTX tools, you can define if you want the lights, how detailed the road network should be an so on. So even if there was a high impact issue, you would be able to clear it up.

The tool even shows the assumed fps weight a feature has. The road lights being a hog. :lol: But there are two levels of them, so one can pick a favourite for sure. On the mesh, there shouldn't be much on the fps, if anything. You will receive way nicer looking mountains and a correct setup for all the approaches around, so there's quite some gain.

Is the FPS feature similar to that of UT2?

Also, coming into EGE in Colorado surely will be nicer with realistic mountains! ^_^

GEX actually gives me better performance than default! Not to mention the wonderfully placed autogen.

Interesting! I can't wait to try it out!

Just an update:

I just purchased GEX and got it installed.... What a MASSIVE difference!! I can't believe I've overlooked this product for so long! I can't wait to pair it up with UTX and FSGenesis!! Thanks guys!

at the forum SIMFORUMS of flight1 you can find more info

within two weeks time there will be a major upgrade of all gex products

probebly you have to uninstall and install again

should be worth because its a major update

GEX adds textures and some land-class changes to make ground textures look great at low level or at altitude.

Just to add GEX replaces your default FSX textures and works well with UTX.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Guys I have done a clean install but forgot the order to install these products I have -

FS GENESIS complete

Next Map Europe complete

GEX Eur,Nth USA and Tropics

UTX USA,CANADA,EUROPE

Canada Landclass

Megascenery Hawaii,Las Vegas,Reno Various airports/sceneries by

Taxi 2 Gate

Tropical Sim

Aerosoft,

FSDT,

Fly TAMPA,

UK 2000,

VFR UK 1,2,3,

Latin VFR

ORB X Australia and NZ

OZ X

NL200

Belgium 2012

Poland Vol 1,2,3,

Earth Sim Alderney and Guernsey

VFR Germany.

I also have some Photoscenery of Ireland aswell If anyone can advise as to the order of Install I would be very grateful and I will write it down for next time when I do a future install

many thanks in advance Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I have just installed UTX-Canada and it works fine. I also have a freeware scenery package called Bellafsx for Bella Coola area in BC. I was wondering where to place it in the scenery library. The install instructions for Bellafsx say it should have a higher display priority in the scenery library than any regional landclass file ( they use for an example the Cloud9's Canada X-class package, which I don't have ), so should it be place below UTX-Canada in th scenery library to have a higher priority?

Thanks for any help

Jack

Bellafsx say it should have a higher display priority in the scenery library

Definitely above UTX. I have my UTX sitting way down in the Scenery Library just above Propellor Objects.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks. Would it hurt to place the Bellafsx above UTX....... run the game to check the visuals and then place it below and check visuals again, trying to notice any changes?

Thanks. Would it hurt to place the Bellafsx above UTX....... run the game to check the visuals and then place it below and check visuals again, trying to notice any changes?

Would it hurt? No. Will you see a difference? Yes.

The large region area will render the small region area void, due to all the exclusions. You might see some scenery objects from Bella Coola, but any of the terrain work will be overwritten.

Think of scenery like it's a cake. The smaller layer goes on top of the larger layer. Otherwise, it doesn't look good and is liable to fall on the floor. No one that I know of wants to eat cake that has hit the floor. Same approach will apply to scenery, 99% of the time.

GEX actually gives me better performance than default! Not to mention the wonderfully placed autogen.

Oh my God... Oh my God, Oh my God..........

I'm looking for my piggy rightnow.

Why overclock my laptop when I can have better look and less FPS? THIS is business!

Thanks ...starting to get an understanding of this... good cake example... so following that idea then an airport scenery download would be a smaller region to sit on top of Bellafsx like a candle on top of the iciing on a cake.????

Oh my God... Oh my God, Oh my God..........

I'm looking for my piggy rightnow.

Why overclock my laptop when I can have better look and less FPS? THIS is business!

I can also testify that GEX does not hit frames one bit. Also, the ground textures make a *massive* difference. I couldn't be happier with my purchase! :smile:

When using UTX and GEX you must sandwich the scenery entries, if anyone is looking for the info let me know and I will post it. Also, when installing Scenery Tech do not install Winter or Hard Slope Technology.

\Robert Hamlich/

When using UTX and GEX you must sandwich the scenery entries, if anyone is looking for the info let me know and I will post it. Also, when installing Scenery Tech do not install Winter or Hard Slope Technology.

Please, let me know about the scenery entry for a texture replacement program that installs into the default folder???

If you are referring to an add on land class product, such as Scenery Tech, then layering may or may not apply. It depends upon a user's preference. It's also covered very well in the product manual for the vector based add on.