Sign in to follow this  
2bsc

> The silence befor the storm ... <

I'm not totally sure but did i read somewhere that they was hoping for a finished result around last quater of this year. ?

But don't quote me on that

Haha, a vatsimism... lol

You know it. Did you fly in last night's event? I thought I heard one of the callsigns you use on someone else's position.

Kyle Rodgers

"1,2,3 close your eyes and count to 4"

THAT IS A LYRIC METAPHORE! i am not saying it will be released in four seconds, i'm saying it will come, just wait, and, all....

Haha, a vatsimism... lol

:LMAO:

If it comes after 12-21-12 will it matter anyway? :Doh:

Joking of course...

Jeff

:lol:

Pmdg could have been hacked, and the hacker's may have damaged the T7 for good. And Pmdg might be to proud to admit defeat to the hackers :LMAO: :LMAO:

They had a lot to do based on the previews they did show. The cockpit windows seemed to made of the wrong composition and the spacing between some of the rivets didn't look to be correct.

Pmdg could have been hacked, and the hacker's may have damaged the T7 for good. And Pmdg might be to proud to admit defeat to the hackers :LMAO: :LMAO:

DONT SAY THAT!!! YOU'RE MAKING ME SCARED!!!!!!! :'(

Lol but I wouldn't be surprised that they have a few copies stored in some media that has no connection to the internet or outside world. If a hacker destroys it just whip out the 'ol thumb drive and keep working on it lol

They had a lot to do based on the previews they did show. The cockpit windows seemed to made of the wrong composition and the spacing between some of the rivets didn't look to be correct.

And those critiques probably put a stop to the previews for now, you can't judge a artwork in progress because it will have flaws until its finished.

Since PMDG is surely working hard, I thought I should chime in and offer my suggestions so that they can be fixed now instead of service packs.

If you look closely enough, you will see that the nose is particularly misshapen. I have outlined it in red and have posted a picture:

fakeimg.jpg

As you can see, the tail is also slightly off, as you can see in these images I found on google:

fakeimg.jpg fakeimg.jpg fakeimg.jpg fakeimg.jpg

The number of rivets is wrong, too. Airliners.net is on the left, and the PMDG screenshot on the right:

fakeimg.jpg fakeimg.jpg

My friend sent me schematics as well, and he has actual airliner experience in the 777. He said that it doesn't look correct. He also said that the engines idle on an F tone, so I hope you guys get that right. Also, the screws are countersunk into the floor in the cockpit, but still raise off the floor by 2.123mm. If that's not right, I would consider it unflyable.

Also, if you need beta testers, I have some hours in the type in a RW simulator, and I have thousands of hours in flight sim, so I think I would be a good candidate. Robert and Ryan, I have sent you both PMs, why don't you respond? Also, I sent a PM to the Dr, suggesting a new algorithm for calculating the lift on both wings, but he didn't respond either. Why?

I am very much looking forward to the 777, so I hope it will release soon. I know you don't like to put out release dates, but how much longer do you think it will be? Beta should be short, since you are re-using code from earlier, right?

EDIT:

Some of the pictures aren't showing up. Can someone tell me how to get links to work from my C: drive?

By the weight, I blatantly stole this from myself from my post back in April, so if it seems familiar, that's why?

Kyle Rodgers

Also, the screws are countersunk into the floor in the cockpit, but still raise off the floor by 2.123mm. If that's not right, I would consider it unflyable.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I believe it's 2.213mm, but no biggie there so long as they get it squared away.

Since PMDG is surely working hard, I thought I should chime in and offer my suggestions so that they can be fixed now instead of service packs.

If you look closely enough, you will see that the nose is particularly misshapen. I have outlined it in red and have posted a picture:

fakeimg.jpg

As you can see, the tail is also slightly off, as you can see in these images I found on google:

fakeimg.jpg fakeimg.jpg fakeimg.jpg fakeimg.jpg

The number of rivets is wrong, too. Airliners.net is on the left, and the PMDG screenshot on the right:

fakeimg.jpg fakeimg.jpg

My friend sent me schematics as well, and he has actual airliner experience in the 777. He said that it doesn't look correct. He also said that the engines idle on an F tone, so I hope you guys get that right. Also, the screws are countersunk into the floor in the cockpit, but still raise off the floor by 2.123mm. If that's not right, I would consider it unflyable.

Also, if you need beta testers, I have some hours in the type in a RW simulator, and I have thousands of hours in flight sim, so I think I would be a good candidate. Robert and Ryan, I have sent you both PMs, why don't you respond? Also, I sent a PM to the Dr, suggesting a new algorithm for calculating the lift on both wings, but he didn't respond either. Why?

I am very much looking forward to the 777, so I hope it will release soon. I know you don't like to put out release dates, but how much longer do you think it will be? Beta should be short, since you are re-using code from earlier, right?

EDIT:

Some of the pictures aren't showing up. Can someone tell me how to get links to work from my C: drive?

By the weight, I blatantly stole this from myself from my post back in April, so if it seems familiar, that's why?

I am pretty sure that posts like this are the exact reason that PMDG has abandoned the forums.

Let's just all be patient, enjoy our NGX, and hope for a very anxiously awaited Christmas present this year. :rolleyes:

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

I am pretty sure that posts like this are the exact reason that PMDG has abandoned the forums.

Let's just all be patient, enjoy our NGX, and hope for a very anxiously awaited Christmas present this year. :rolleyes:

I think another read of the post is in order. If not it, then a read through the linked post, and you'll start to see how it was meant. I will admit, though, that this one was a lot less obvious than the linked post.

I think you missed the point of said post.

Exactly.

Kyle Rodgers

I understand your point Kyle. In either sense what I mean is; I'm not sure there is anything that we can say or post about to make it be any better or launch any sooner than it eventually will. I have confidence that the team at work on this project will get the job done to the highest of quality standards within their delivery window. And I can't wait :smile:

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

I understand your point Kyle. In either sense what I mean is; I'm not sure there is anything that we can say or post about to make it be any better or launch any sooner than it eventually will. I have confidence that the team at work on this project will get the job done to the highest of quality standards within their delivery window. And I can't wait :smile:

Nope, there's nothing that will. I was just being a little antagonistic to those who think they can stump the chumps or believe they can accurately judge the equipment off of a few photos on the interwebs. I know they'll pull it off and I can't wait, but that's not to say I'm not going to enjoy myself during the wait. haha,

Kyle Rodgers