Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Two Weeks from Today

Two weeks from today, on the evening of Saturday, October 27th, AVSIM will sponsor once again the Simmer's Social. The Social is a non-hosted event where local flight sim enthusiasts and those who wish to travel to participate, join in the fun. The Social usually lasts 3 to 4 hours and allows you to meet your fellow enthusiasts from the area; putting faces to names that you see everyday here. The Social will take place at the Grande Pacific hotel in Victoria, British Columbia. The Social will kick off at about 7 p.m., and we'll be announcing the location within the hotel leading up to the event. We hope to see you there!

This post has been promoted to an article

Boy, I wish I could be in such a great place. Best of luck on the social Tom, I hope you and the others that join you get to enjoy the fellowship we share in our hobby.

Regards,

John

Have a good time guys. I would go but I live 7246 miles (or 11658.81 Kilometers) away.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

I'm planning on attending: Victoria is a ferry ride away for me.

Can hardly wait! Hope there's a good turn-out. It will be great to meet some fellow flight sim enthusiasts.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

One of my co-workers on my shift scooped the days off so I can't make it now unless I find someone to cover my shift. Like Joel, it's only a ferry ride away.

\Robert Hamlich/

I'm planning on attending: Victoria is a ferry ride away for me.

Like Joel, it's only a ferry ride away.

Ah just go...It goes without saying. Not very often something like this turns up an your back yard (Victoria). You would regret it if you didn't...

You spend far more money on this crazy hobby then you would on that ferry ride anyways so it just goes without saying...

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Too bad I live in Europe, I'd love to go there, too. Have a great time!

Flo

Ah just go...It goes without saying. Not very often something like this turns up an your back yard (Victoria). You would regret it if you didn't...

You spend far more money on this crazy hobby then you would on that ferry ride anyways so it just goes without saying...

Cheers

I managed to sort things out and will be attending, see you there.

\Robert Hamlich/

Excellent, Robert. Looking forward to meeting you.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Wish I could fly out and be there. Have a beer (or two) on me...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I'm half thinking of going to it, if I could find a reasonably priced ticket I may well show my head there...

Excellent. I am sure Chase is looking for someone else to shout the tab! :ph34r:

I'm half thinking of going to it, if I could find a reasonably priced ticket I may well show my head there...

Ronan,

That would be great to see you along with Joel, Robert and the others!

Kind regards,

Ronan,

That would be great to see you along with Joel, Robert and the others!

Kind regards,

Would indeed be good to go and put some faces to names. Looking at some flights now that look reasonable enough, coming in at less than $800 return but only arriving about one hour before I'd need to be at the airport on the way back, so cutting it a little close for comfort. Anyone know how reliable Alaska Airlines from SEA to BOS is? Or how easy it is to get from SEA to Victoria? Y'all should put these things next to big airports, make it easier for those of us travelling from further a field to get to them... :P

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Ronan,

I have to be back in Vancouver for work Sunday evening and will be taking the 11:00 or 13:00 ferry back from Victoria. That puts you at YVR at 13:30 and 15:30 respectively, if that helps let me know. Email me at maxam at telus dot net

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/