Sign in to follow this  
PMDG777Pilot109

How much?!

A few times after the NGX was out i had the chance to bring some other RW 738 pilots over the house and we would have a BBQ just to get together and talk NGX in general and the question of "How much is this product worth " has come up and we all end it up going for more than 100$ . I know not all flight simers can spent 100$ in FSX addons but in my case , knowing how much it cust to sit in a LVL D let alone a type rating cust ill be more than happy to pay 100$ for the 777 with the same if not better NGX quality.

just my 002 .......

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Oh come on guys!

The flightsim community is twitching in nervous anticipation and/or fear on what the future holds. Paying a little more than what is reasonable in a historic sense, is what might tip scale from PMDG announcing : "Due to recent developments in the market. We regret to inform you that any further development of our products is no longer possible, and we are shutting down our company etc" Instead of what we want to hear, namely: "We will continue to provide excellent simulations this dedicated community etc"

We should all look up the concept of "Proudfunding" It might the only way to keep the boat afloat, in near future.

I hope I'm wrong though...

Morten

-----------------------------------------------

Morten Haughom

Greetings from the sticks!

N70° 22' 23 - E031° 06' 02

Vardø, Norway

Proudfunding

I think you mean "crowd funding".

But there is an issue with crowd funding and this market. We don't know how much it costs for PMDG to develop their products. Or any other funding it takes to keep this company open. They know how much it takes to break even and earn a profit. So the "buy this product for $XX.XX" method works better than donations.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I would never buy for anything over 100$, unless I'm rich. But I'm 17, don't have money, can't find a job so 40 euros a month is nothing. :P

[translated by Google]

PMDG products are great, between $ 70 and $ 85 is my opinion.

Furthermore becomes very expensive.

The most expensive product is preferred by pirates.

I do not support pirated products, do not use, but many do not.

João Alfredo

[original Portuguese/Brazil]

Produtos PMDG são otimos, entre $70 e $85 é minha opnião.

Alem disso se torna muito caro.

O produto mais caro é preferido por piratas.

Eu não apoio produto pirata, não uso, mas muitos não pensam assim.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

PMDG has sold far more copies of the NGX than what they did with any of their previous addons, certainly when it comes to sold addons / timespan. PMDG probably made a very healthy profit from their NGX, and I dont think they are planning on closing shop anytime soon

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Mmmm i only care how soon for release,and i was not thought how much will be...

We will all see in January when it is out and no matter what the price the PMDG fans will pay it. There is really nothing else to discuss until it comes out, because like Apple they are not saying anything, you will just see it on the website one fine day.

Crowdfunding! lol

I thought some norwegian publisher dude said "proudfunding"! as he talked on norwegian news about funding Mercury Motors (norwegian rock band)new album using this new thing: no product - no liability scheme. In other words, if the project can't raise enough to pay for it, then you get your money back. Presumably no skin of anyones back.

And the way he went on how noble and terrific this was, I was certain the man said "proudfunding". :blink: the brain hears what it wants to hear, just ask my wife(not by official standards but still). And yes there are pitfalls from here to the abyss, when it comes to putting this simple theory into practice. Scam artist and greedy capitalists just got a new tool in their belt, no doubt.

But if everything should turn into sh*t, hardly likely in this case, but still. Depending on what you think is the right product value for the finished product. Everyone of us could be persuaded to pay a one time fee for that crucial SP1 needed to get the damn thing working properly.

Pretty desperate, nothing you would suggest right away. Making you an easy target for evil software peddlers :ph34r: . But last resort? sure, yes!

Sorry for preachin' armageddon on our hobby, but I get like that sometimes...

But still:

Part of the Proud Crowd that supports PMDG, or was it proud PMDG supporter? :P

Morten

-----------------------------------------------

Morten Haughom

Greetings from the sticks!

N70° 22' 23 - E031° 06' 02

Vardø, Norway