Sign in to follow this  
joherszch

REX Latitude

Not sure this is FSX related, but I post it here anyway.

http://www.rexlatitude.com/

Quoting what I have found:

"Changing the feel of flight simulation, again."

"You don't have to change anything about how you fly, but you'll want to."

Can anyone venture a guess?

They sure are good at this thing - making us wonder..... :Thinking:

Patience....till 11.22.12....no guesses...but good marketing ploy.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

"You don't have to change anything about how you fly, but you'll want to."

I guess that quoted text, plus the screene in the link above, plus post #8 by PilotJohn over here gives a good idea.

(But of course I might be wrong)

This kind of reminds me of the SimAir thing last year that got everyone excited.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It's we're you will have to avoid thunderstorms or you risk having your wings ripped off. That is somthing that haven't been simulated yet in Flight Sim. Latitude meaning turning left or right to avoide a thunderstorm.

Maybe...

Or it might be some kind of social networking application for flight simming....

Hmm.

So is this an ADDON for REX Essential? Will they charge extra for it? Is it just the patched version of REX Essentials we've been waiting for over the last few months?

To be honest I've stopped using REX now. Bored of waiting 20minutes for it to download the weather!

I don't think it has anything to do with Rex Essentials, to me it looks like some completely new project. Can't wait for more information, would love to see something that would make FSX flights somehow more challenging, and would like to see Simair getting finished too.

I don't know if you guys know about the fsBreak podcast, but the REX guys just delivered a ton of information about REX Latitude in the latest podcast. You can watch it here: http://www.fsbreak.net/podcast/2012/11/7/fsbreak-118-rex-essential-plus-and-rex-latitude.html

Skip to 0:19:30 to get to the Latitude stuff. It's pretty long, but they talk a lot about it, what it is, what it isn't. It looks quite amazing, and it's apparently a one-time purchase, though some kind of subscription may be in the works. And it's being released on the 22th!

But just listen to the podcast, they go into great details about some of the stuff.

Yup, good podcast, well worth a listen or watch on YouTube. That episode pretty much spells out everything about Latitude.

What surprised me was that towards the end they indicated that Latitude wasn't so much a replacement for the Sim-air concept, though it had a lot of parallels and the two would eventually somehow tie in to eachother.

Speaking as a truly lousy pilot who flies to escape from stress rather than add to it, the idea of an add-on watching over my shoulder and penalising my many, many cock-ups does not appeal. This add-on doesn't sound like it's for me.

Dr V

This type of marketing goes back to the mid-60's when a company (unnamed in the ads) advertised for several months that they were bringing a mountain to Chicago. Anyone remember who that was?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yikes. 112 pages. What a read! (no pun)

Ok, anything on the price range? B)