Sign in to follow this  
William J.S.S

I PAID OVER $40 FOR THIS!?!?!?!

Thanks for the explaination tymk.

I would add that for correct operation in OpusFSX your views should cycle (S key) between,

VC - Spot - Tower - Aircraft - External

You should make sure you have not hidden any of these views, for correct operation each of these view types must be set as CycleHidden=No.

Regards

Cheryl

Hey Cheryl.

I am a bit confused here.

Could you please tell me witch camera.def i must keep?

[CameraDefinition.001]

Title = Cockpit

[CameraDefinition.002]

Title = Virtual Cockpit

[CameraDefinition.003]

Title = Spot

[CameraDefinition.004]

Title = Locked Spot

[CameraDefinition.005]

Title = FlyBy

[CameraDefinition.006]

Title = Top-Down

[CameraDefinition.007]

Title = Nearest Tower

[CameraDefinition.008]

Title = Facilities Tower

[CameraDefinition.009]

Title = Facilities Runway

[CameraDefinition.010]

Title = AI Planes

[CameraDefinition.011]

Title = Multiplayer Planes

Thanks Cheryl.

Best regards

Henrik

Hi Henrik

What views do you currently cycle through with the S key, which one(s) are you missing?

The software just needs to cycle four times to reach the custom external aircraft view, that's the way it selects that view type for display seeing as the view control in FSX is very basic and was never completed. But if you enable Live Camera the you should also see the Opus custom external view's CameraDefinition[899] (I think) appended to all your aircraft.cfg files. If it isn't then you have a sharing and security permissions issue. If you do not have the above view mode cycling then you are missing (hidden) a Camer view. Cycle through from the VC and see what you have missing.

Regards

Stephen :-)

I have REX and Opus. REX textures are great.The Opus weather is great, but do you start REX with Opus at the same time to achieve the REX textures with Opus weather?Any conflicts?

Thanks,Ralph

Hey Stephen.

I have Your OPUS pay version 2.30 and FSUIPC4.(pay vers).

So first i think i will download ver. 2.50 (or the newest ver).

Delete ver.2.30 via controlpanel/pogram&funktions and start from there

I have only VC view (cockpit), Outside view (spot) and Aircraft view (Tail) in FSX (red title in right upper corner), so i will restore my camera view.cfg also,

and give it a go.

Thanks for very quik response.

Best regards

Henrik

Hi Henrik

So you are just missing your Tower view which is probably hidden in the config.

No need to uninstall for the beta upgrade. Its provided as a zip file so just extract the files into your OpusFSX install folder and replace your older files.

Check out our Ammouncements topic on Flight1 for other details.

Regards

Stephen

I have REX and Opus. REX textures are great.The Opus weather is great, but do you start REX with Opus at the same time to achieve the REX textures?

Thanks,Ralph

You only need to run REX to select and install your textures, then close it. No need to run it at any other time. I advise against using the 4096 textures as well, they are not needed and in my opinion do not look as nice as the standard 1024.

Regards

Stephen

You can even also assign say the X key to all the views and cycle through with the X key, its very simple, just play with it. But do not touch the Restrict Aircraft button ... Its only for user who have dozens of views created on a great number of different aircraft.

Regards

Stephen

Regards

Stephen

I have assigned one joystick button to all views and cycle through them in order. Can I assign another button to cycle through in the opposite order ? So I for example can return to the previous camera with one button press instead of cycle through all until I get to the previous camera ?

Not at present, the cycling is only one way.

Beta version 2.50.2 was posted today which colour codes all of the essential buttons and options for creating cameras. It also allows up to four alternate airfields to be specified for the weather report window, in addition to the local weather and your specified destination.

The weather accuracy within FSX has also been improved so these weather reports can be used in place of ATIS over 300 miles away.

There will be a few more betas to follow in this cycle with additional tweaks and improvements. We are currently looking at improbpving the vis layering, and many more things. Info in our Flight1 Coming Soon and Announcements topics.

Regards

Stephen :-)

This is a stunning piece of work - amazing found some rain located myself there bang its raining no fps hit wow rex essentials overdrive of course, now a nice video tut on getting the camera views working would be cool, thanks so much great purchase for sure.

Rich Sennett

I find the textures in FSX native to be so good compared to FS9, I don't see why I should get any newer textures until I have a new 'Enterprise' warp engine.

All I really need is 'weather smoothing', so there is no huge difference in a few feet at altitude.

This is a stunning piece of work - amazing found some rain located myself there bang its raining no fps hit wow rex essentials overdrive of course, now a nice video tut on getting the camera views working would be cool, thanks so much great purchase for sure.

+1

How does this weather engine play with AI (UT2) when using Radar Contact? Are the weather readings taken from the users aircraft or the destination when asking for METARS?

Jim Wenham

So this morning I looked up in the sky, and saw some high high cirrus clouds, and a very few low level clouds outside.

So I loaded up Opus and FSX, and I am disappointed to say OPUS made the weather completely CLEAR.

Hmmm....