Sign in to follow this  
Sky Trail

PmDg 777 you better give it to me this weekend !

and a tiny Piaggio Avanti ( That ain't no Ferrari of the skies ).

Hi all!

Bit of national pride here, but you find me another turboprop that cuises at FL390 at 400Kt THEN you can say it's not a Ferrari of the skyes lol!

Jealous much ? :LMAO:

Jealous? I don't think I need to be after my week Airside at London Heathrow :-) (Just in case you assumed I was bluffing..)

You obviously didn't get the sarcasm - it's a PMDG 777 forum and someone posts about their trip to Toronto. I guess maybe I should write a couple of paragraphs on here about my experiences at Heathrow, since it included lots of time around 777's....

Hi all!

Bit of national pride here, but you find me another turboprop that cuises at FL390 at 400Kt THEN you can say it's not a Ferrari of the skyes lol!

Yeah, for sure the specs are amazing, but looks give it away lol...

Jealous? I don't think I need to be after my week Airside at London Heathrow :-) (Just in case you assumed I was bluffing..)

You obviously didn't get the sarcasm - it's a PMDG 777 forum and someone posts about their trip to Toronto. I guess maybe I should write a couple of paragraphs on here about my experiences at Heathrow, since it included lots of time around 777's....

I got the sarcasm......

So happy I don't have to push back those giants. All I gotta do is push out the ERJ-145, swing him 90* (thank you Embraer for that awesome nose gear angle limit), straighten out the nose gear and push back is complete B)

Thanks for posting and sharing your story with us. I enjoyed it immensely...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

So happy I don't have to push back those giants. All I gotta do is push out the ERJ-145, swing him 90* (thank you Embraer for that awesome nose gear angle limit), straighten out the nose gear and push back is complete B)

I done it with the A380 a couple of times - the guys doing it said it's not as hard as it looks. However I bet it is ha! We pushed VH-OQA two months before her engine blew in Singapore weirdly enough!

I done it with the A380 a couple of times - the guys doing it said it's not as hard as it looks. However I bet it is ha! We pushed VH-OQA two months before her engine blew in Singapore weirdly enough!

Things used to be worse when we used to use towbars, now with the lektro tugs pushing out of G2A and others at ORD is a piece of cake. With G2A (we never have CRJ7's use that gate due to their nose gear limits) you have to make several strange turns before the final 180* turn.

Matt

Thanks for sharing, really liked the photo of you standing beside the T7 s engine , it really gives a good perspective of the size,

Jeff

Thanks for posting and sharing your story with us. I enjoyed it immensely...

Glad you like it. The post was meant to be more informative, since it was all new to me.

Correct me if i am wrong, i remember reading some where that the A380's carry a towbar in her belly all the time, to help her incase of an unscheduled or emergency landing enroute.

Correct me if i am wrong, i remember reading some where that the A380's carry a towbar in her belly all the time, to help her incase of an unscheduled or emergency landing enroute.

I'm not sure on that, you'd have to ask more of an Airbus person ha. Well tell a lie I used to be the A380's biggest fan - that was after I sat up in the flight deck for about half an hour whilst they towed from a remote stand to T3. It's an impressive flight deck if you can get some time in it to explore it. It's very spacious, Boeing's are generally more cramped - I heard Airbuses can be nicer places to be for longer periods of time. Heathrow - especially Terminal 3 is packed with A380s so there's lots of towbars around for it.

Speak of the QF32 incident, I just finished reading the book about it by the captain, Richard DeCrispigny. It is a really good book which is well written. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in aviation (that's definitely no-one around here :P )

Speak of the QF32 incident, I just finished reading the book about it by the captain, Richard DeCrispigny. It is a really good book which is well written. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in aviation (that's definitely no-one around here :P )

There's a good documentary about it on Youtube too. I'm friends with Matt Hicks (FO on the flight) - met him through my mate also on the fleet. Great bunch of guys with an amazing story!