Sign in to follow this  
Noel

REX Essentials Plus = Fabulous!

How bad is the frame hit with lots of clouds loaded in the sim? Full overcast conditions in AS2012 sp2 drops me 20 frames. I am curious if this program is any better?

Eric 

I am liking it too...

However I just landed at EGKK with a metar of 151620Z VRB02KT 7000 BKN021 08/05 Q1021

And my approach was this.. (sorry for large size)

HAve I made a mistake in the settings? I did set the 'set global visibility layers' to 10sm

74rND.jpg

Jack Cannon

How bad is the frame hit with lots of clouds loaded in the sim? Full overcast conditions in AS2012 sp2 drops me 20 frames. I am curious if this program is any better?

Look at my specs. I don't have any fps drop when flying an "light" addon like Lotus L-39, (30 fps locked), with pmdg NGX I get 3-7 fps drop in heavy cumulus clouds...I'm using 2048 HD for 3d clouds. Not at all fps hungry IMHO.

However I just landed at EGKK with a metar of 151620Z VRB02KT 7000 BKN021 08/05 Q1021

Have I made a mistake in the settings? I did set the 'set global visibility layers' to 10sm

This depends on the settings. The manual helps you on those visibility options. A significant item is that enable real visibility. When checked, REX will read the METAR and set the visibility accordingly.

Now if you manually set a global visibility layer with the slider on the right, it will override the METAR setting. So I think it's best to leave the manual layers out of the game and only make sure that REX reads the METAR and then decides about the actual visibility.

I checked and I did have a layer set, I removed and tried it and still it gave me fog, albeit, the visibility was much better.

Jack Cannon

All right..I got my pop up error with no theme error message solved!

I did 2 things.. not sure which one fixed it

1) I unstalled REX E+ and rebooted

2) This time when I ran the installer I ran it as an administrator (Earlier I may have run REX as admin but may not have installed as Admin)

3) This I suspect was what solved my issue.. When I right clicked on REX and Properties->Security->and picked the group (My user id), I noticed it did not have write access. So Changed it to Full control.. I then toned it down a little maybe..but it does have write access now.

That was it...

you still need to right click on the rexe and run it as admin when you start rexe

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I checked and I did have a layer set, I removed and tried it and still it gave me fog, albeit, the visibility was much better.

Now the fog (or reduced visibility) may have derived from the actual METAR in place. You've posted 151620Z VRB02KT 7000 BKN021 08/05 Q1021. Could that be the case?

REX E + OD is giving me some startling and delightful weather scenery now, and a blessing that they have fixed the broken GUI resolution. Yesterday's poor visibility was reproduced very well, and also wind at low altitude depicted correctly. Very smooth and enjoyable.

Thank you REX folkses.

you still need to right click on the rexe and run it as admin when you start rexe

True.. I right clicked on the rexe and changed properties -->Advanced and checked "Run as Admin"

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

CoolP

Yeah I was looking at the metar that REXE_ produced and online for it and they procduced the same Metar, but in the picture, the visibility is less than 7km.

I shall have another go this evening and see what happens.

Jack Cannon

CoolP

Yeah I was looking at the metar that REXE_ produced and online for it and they procduced the same Metar, but in the picture, the visibility is less than 7km.

I shall have another go this evening and see what happens.

Actually that is about right. FSX does a terrible job of handling visibility. We have done a extreme amount of testing in the area of visibility and unfortunately, there is not much more that can be done to help it.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I've been most impressed by the visibility on the few flights I've tried so far. It's so much more realistic.

A great free upgrade!

Peter

Actually that is about right. FSX does a terrible job of handling visibility. We have done a extreme amount of testing in the area of visibility and unfortunately, there is not much more that can be done to help it.

I liked it in all honesty, First time Ive had to do an ILS whilst on a 'company' flight.

Now that REXE+ offers great reduced visibility, something myself/theprogram never got right before hand, means I can stop contemplating other avenues. Had REX for many years and level of service is outstanding. Thank you for the effort :-D

Jack

Jack Cannon

I had the missing texture problem as well, but it was my own doing- I had it installed poorly in the first place. Support directions (REX forum) were great and prob fixed. REX itself is brilliant imho, as the weather system, customizability, and weather graphics are top drawer. For what it's worth, I highly recommend it as a simulation-changer :im Not Worthy:

I have REX+OD working over the LAN from my laptop. I have been experimenting with REX vx. ASE and I really like the way REX does the cloud textures and fog much better. I have been impressed with the way ASE handles the distance visibility but have not been able to get REX to do it as well. I can see too far out in the distance even though the Global Visibility setting is at 10sm. Have been searching for a fix. Anyone?