Sign in to follow this  
Minos

Touch Screen ans Windows 8

Hi there,

Is it worth it investing in a Touch Screen for X-Plane 10 and will it be supported?

In other terms, will I be able to tweak instrument on the screen with my fingers?

Minos

Hi there,

Is it worth it investing in a Touch Screen for X-Plane 10 and will it be supported?

Unlikely. Don't forget X-Plane supports three different plattforms and only one of them is Windows and only a part of the Windows community will shift slowly to Windows 8 and even fewer people will buy a touch screen for their windows.

Plus, big touchscreens look very very cool, but are surprisingly tiring on the arms to use continuously for any length of time.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Unlikely. Don't forget X-Plane supports three different plattforms and only one of them is Windows and only a part of the Windows community will shift slowly to Windows 8 and even fewer people will buy a touch screen for their windows.

within two years time ... you will have a difficult time buying a monitor thats not touchscreen (my prediction)

within two years time ... you will have a difficult time buying a monitor thats not touchscreen (my prediction)

If so, buy stock in a screen cleaner company now! :D

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Touchscreen sounds like it would be neat for some functions in a flight sim, but the fingerprints all over the screen does not appeal to the OCD in me. Rob

Heh heh... I second that Rob!! My droid get's bad enough. That "LEAP" that Florian brought up looks cool even if only used for work applications... IMHO...

Jeff

I installed X-plane on a tablet and I could fly by touchscreen and use all cockpit buttons with ease. I used a touchscreen pen to avoid fingerprints.

LEAP looks great. Need to keep my eye on that.