Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

It's not only Saitek that's affected, CH is also reported as having issues.

Definitely M$ needs to see why this is happening.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

It's not only Saitek that's affected, CH is also reported as having issues.

Definitely M$ needs to see why this is happening.

Yap! You are damn right! Logitech just stated today, that the drivers are built around the generic Microsoft Drivers. And with generic MS Drivers only, the issue is also coming up. And as you have stated, we are seeing the problem with different vendors. I have just responded back to MS that they should solve the issue professionally, rather than pushing it to the vendors..

Some people have reported that FSUIPC (registered version) solves the issue.

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley

Unfortunately having a full registered version of FSUIPC does not solve the problem. Strange thing is lately I have not been having this problem happen near as much as a few weeks ago.

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

could this be a solution?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294672

Not really...Unfortunately.

The solution you are posting are related to Joysticks using the Gameport of the Soundcard with Vista or older.

We are having trouble with USB related devices and Windows 8. Seems as if MS has to deliver a USB driver update for Win8.

BTW, I did not get an answer from MS and Logitech, yet. Could be a good sign that this is getting beyond 1st-Level-Support and some real experts are looking into this. Let's see....

I will let you know, as soon as I have news..

Not really...Unfortunately.

The solution you are posting are related to Joysticks using the Gameport of the Soundcard with Vista or older.

We are having trouble with USB related devices and Windows 8. Seems as if MS has to deliver a USB driver update for Win8.

BTW, I did not get an answer from MS and Logitech, yet. Could be a good sign that this is getting beyond 1st-Level-Support and some real experts are looking into this. Let's see....

I will let you know, as soon as I have news..

If only we can have an answer saying that they're working in solving this issue officially would be great, because i'm considering reverting to Windows 7 since my Live Tiles stopped working lately....

Hi.

I also had the same question sent to Mirosoft some days ago and only got a copy of an answer to someone else as response. That typical "Support Ping-Pong" style answer: Ask you hardware vendor <-> Ask you software provider...

I own 3 different Saitek yokes (Cyborg V.1 , X and FlightSimYoke)

They all suddenly and withount any logical reason disappear in the device manager or get listet faulty. Usually a reboot of the computer is the only way to "fix" the issue for some time.

Flying in an FMS equipped aircraft, it is hardly possible to AUTOLAND the aircraft somehow, but I need to explain this to the IVAO controller at that airport every time... Flying VFR? Nearly impossible. You never know, when it hits your machine...

After about 25 full re-installations of Windows8 on 3 different machines with different motherboard vendors (ASUS, ASRock, Gigabyte) with FSX and/or P3D the last 4 weeks I came to the conclusion that there is only one way to prevent this: Step back to the last working configuration, which is Windows7 in my case but might be XP for others.

It's not only the Joystick issue. It's several minor WIndows8 incompatibilities with missing ISDN support (lost my FAX capability that way...) , my daughter complained about her HP printer/scanner not working anymore, my son is missing the Chess game... Java 6 Update 37 seems to not work with Windows8. I need to send tax documents to the german "Finanzamt", which is impossible using Windows8 as their software only supports Java6...

Even my Microsoft (Sidewinder) USB-Keyboard lost it's ability to adjust the volume several times...(but this significantly came up after installing the "Media Package)

Why should I punish myself all the time with Windows8. What is the benefit Windows 8 brings to me, compared to Windows7? I can't see ANY. Even compared to XP I hardly see any advantage I need, as FSX/P3D are still 32bit programs.

OK, I purchased three licenses and they don't get bad If I don't use them. I will wait for a service pack or whatever and will read at least 10 comments from others stating: The Joystick issue is fixed. Until that happens I have no problem to fly with my nicely working "old style" Operating System without having USB Port issues.

Ralf

After about 25 full re-installations of Windows8 on 3 different machines with different motherboard vendors (ASUS, ASRock, Gigabyte) with FSX and/or P3D the last 4 weeks I came to the conclusion that there is only one way to prevent this: Step back to the last working configuration, which is Windows7 in my case but might be XP for others.

It's not only the Joystick issue. It's several minor WIndows8 incompatibilities...

Ralf

Same here guys!

I've spent a month of testing Windows 8 and FSX and unfortunately too many problems!

My main home PC is for FSX and with Windows 8 it's quite impossible to fly without issues, ctd and so on... and honestly my fsx seems to have bad performance vs the same pc with Windows 7, so after days of installations this weekend I reinstall my Windows 7 system.

At the end what are the differences between Windows 7 and Windows 8 for FSX? :huh:

Bye, Max

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

This is really a f'up! Logitech states that MS has to solve this issue. MS respons that I should contact vendor. So the ping pong has started. This sucks. Going back to Win7 now. I can't recommend to switch to Win8 now. Just too early!

Somthing I found last night might help.

I guess you all disable UAC in Windows 8,but have wondered why the PC didn't ask to be rebooted?

Reason:

Only the notifications were disabled!

To really disable UAC (Warning,some apps in Windows 8 will not work - such as weather ) you need to use regedit.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/2434-disable-uac-completely.html

When I set this value, my TrackIR applet started automatically (as it used to with Windows 7).

I've yet to fully test this,but it looks promising.

Jude Bradley

Somthing I found last night might help.

I guess you all disable UAC in Windows 8,but have wondered why the PC didn't ask to be rebooted?

Reason:

Only the notifications were disabled!

To really disable UAC (Warning,some apps in Windows 8 will not work - such as weather ) you need to use regedit.

http://www.eightforu...completely.html

When I set this value, my TrackIR applet started automatically (as it used to with Windows 7).

I've yet to fully test this,but it looks promising.

What does this have to do with our USB-Joystick-Issue? BTW, I would not turn off UAC, as this is a security feature...