Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

Hi Guys

Since we're clearly all having problems with Windows 8, our joysticks and Flight Simulator combined, I thought it would be best if we start a mega thread, especially now we have a Windows 8 forum.

Post your issue with:

Joystick:

Flight Simulator version:

Anything you noticed leading up to the stoppage in service with your joystick:

I'll start:

Joystick: Saitek X52

Flight Simulator: X Deluxe, with Acceleration.

Anything I noticed: Nothing in particular, however I've found that my joystick sometimes comes back after it has stopped working. It's also worth noting that unplugging it and replugging it doesn't fix the problem.

Joystick: Saitek X52

Flight Simulator version: FSX

Anything you noticed leading up to the stoppage in service with your joystick:

Not that I am aware of it. It seems to do it at random times, it can either be at the start of the flight on the ground or later on the flight. There doesn't seem to be a way to get it back working and not for it to fail again. It's like if it goes into sleep mode but that wouldn't make sense as I've checked all the power option settings to make sure it doesn't get turned off.

It seems the controller gets disabled within FSX but outside of FSX it is still connected and works just fine. But the controller menus/settings inside the flight simulator does not pick it up whatsoever. It is so annoying that no one can seem to find a solution to this. I'm not really in the mood to go back to Windows 7 just for the sake of this bloody issue.

Hopefully the issue can get solved soon for everyone who is experiecing this problem.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

The only thing that shows up once my Saitek Yoke and Throttles, CH Pro Pedals get disabled is Mouse Yoke and Mouse Look. It does show up anytime and may be related to the particular VA ACARS I am using. Two of them never seem to cause it and two others do. Only time will tell us where the problem lies.

The only thing that shows up once my Saitek Yoke and Throttles, CH Pro Pedals get disabled is Mouse Yoke and Mouse Look. It does show up anytime and may be related to the particular VA ACARS I am using. Two of them never seem to cause it and two others do. Only time will tell us where the problem lies.

I get the mouse yoke and mouse look too so I don't think it's just you experiencing that.

My 3 "twisty" sticks appear to be functioning just fine.

-Logitech Extreme3dPro, Logitech Freedom2.4, Saitek AV8R-01.

-FSX Deluxe + Accel: Installed fresh on a new sata drive Win8Pro 64bit. Installation went fine with no problems.

Folks with AMD mobo chipsets: don't forget to check AMD site for your Win8 chipset drivers if your mobo manufacturer doesn't offer any. That is what I had to do. Win8 was acting strange with my usb hard drives (kept wanting to reformat them).Gigabyte didn't have drivers for my mobo yet so I went to AMD. Knock on wood and all that, but since I installed the drivers from AMD all has been ok. Make sure you select "motherboard" in the drop down.

jimb

http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

It just happened to me again almost two hours into a flight from KATL to KDEN in a PMDG 737. It was a different ACARS than I had been using so that isn't it. There seems to be some USB instability problem as I tried to check my device manager on Pedals and the system went into BlueScreen and rebooted.

Same issues here....

FSX with Acceleration

Saitek Cessna yoke, throttle and peddles.

Was flying from KSTL to KJAC... Was about 1.5 hours from arrival in the PMDG MD-11 and all control inputs went blank.

Have to say minus this problem my FSX has been performing way better than in Win 7.

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Same issues here....

FSX with Acceleration

Saitek Cessna yoke, throttle and peddles.

Was flying from KSTL to KJAC... Was about 1.5 hours from arrival in the PMDG MD-11 and all control inputs went blank.

Have to say minus this problem my FSX has been performing way better than in Win 7.

+1

Is this even FSX related at all?

If not, it's gonna be fixed, no worries.

If yes, WIN 7 is the last FSX-stable OS. :(

Its my guess its not related to FSX.... Can not see how it could single out FSX... Unless this is Microsoft saying screw you FSX lovers for hating on Flight....! Lol... Sorry to bring up bad blood. I call MS out, contact me I will get FS back on track and money in your pockets...! Shoot, I think every owner of FSX would pay for a realistic patch/upgrade of FSX...! I know I would...! Oh well stepping down off my soap box... :) again sorry for the rant...!

• Upvote 1

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

I’ve recently installed X52 on win8 ENT x64,

First the site miss leads you when downloading their drivers

Once i sorted that out, i was able to install the driver and run it with no issues thus far

i do have a standing issue with the MAD CATZ "Smart Technology" which fails on launch with some blank path error

So I’m running with no profiles ATM, just the default x52 assignment

I’ve recently installed X52 on win8 ENT x64,

First the site miss leads you when downloading their drivers

Once i sorted that out, i was able to install the driver and run it with no issues thus far

i do have a standing issue with the MAD CATZ "Smart Technology" which fails on launch with some blank path error

So I’m running with no profiles ATM, just the default x52 assignment

What do you mean by mislead you, which drivers do you have installed?

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29