Sign in to follow this  
Murfman

J. Rollon Jetstream

My Xaviation version of the CRJ does not work in 64 bit, just reinstalled and all the panels are blank, figured it was 64 bit incombatibility. I think other versions do (non-gizmo), but perhaps not 100% from what I've read?

Still like confirmation on this one before purchase.

Hi, Glen,

While we have an X-Aviation version of the CRJ that is 64-bit, we will not be releasing it until after 10.2 goes final as per Laminar's request. After the initial stores released, Laminar put a request/directive out regarding this matter. More information on that here: http://developer.x-p...64-bit-add-ons/

The Jetstream is NOT yet 64-Bit in the release version. As with all of our products, we are following the directive as set out by Laminar. We are all very excited about 64-bit, but in reality this is primarily a time for developers to test builds and prepare prior to everything going final on Laminar's end. We have every intention of releasing a 64-bit version of the Jetstream when we can. In the meantime, the aircraft works wonderfully in 32-bit and is not frame rate heavy. Those who want to jump in on the introductory pricing discount may do so now, and those who want to wait can...wait. :)

Either way, thanks for being a customer and for having an understanding of the situation!

Guys,

I have it and love it.

I used to fly a real one a few years back. This one looks and flies much like the real deal.

Cameron: Will there be other liveries? I'd love Piedmont airlines.

Jetjerry

Hi, Jerry, yes, we will be providing more liveries free to customers in the future.

Does it need Gizmo?

No, it does not. That said, for anyone who has not heard, the infamous clashes regarding Gizmo and SASL have also been solved and previous concerns/complaints are no longer true. More information on that here: http://blog.x-aviati...gizmo-and-sasl/

Founder of X-Aviation

Thank you Cameron for answers. I am heading to buy it.

A little off topic: I am interested to purchase the DC-3 at the same time. This one does need Gizmo, right?

Thank you Cameron for answers. I am heading to buy it.

A little off topic: I am interested to purchase the DC-3 at the same time. This one does need Gizmo, right?

Hi, Jan,

Yes, you are correct. It is used to drive system simulation in the DC-3.

Founder of X-Aviation

Hi, Jan,

Yes, you are correct. It is used to drive system simulation in the DC-3.

Hi Cameron,

thank you again for prompt reply -:)

Thanks Cameron, 11 minutes to go and my download will be finished....time to fly.

Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

This aircraft is fantastic! Another happy customer :biggrin:

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Just finished a 45 minute flight, what a beauty. Very, very nice.

Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

there Javier writes that he will do 64bit after 10.20 is final.

As good as the benefits of 64bits may be for XP, it may become it's Achilles heel as far as 3rd party developers are concerned. Developers in general do not like having to support multiple versions of the same software they produce. In this case any aircraft, or utility that will require a plugin(s) will require 2 versions of it, 32bit and a 64bit. This is going to turn off some developers, especially ones coming from the FS series, I know PMDG is not going to be happy about this. This is going to create multiple camps. The first that will support both, these will most likely be from the dedicated XP developers. Ones that will supply one of the other. This will cut into their sales pool, essentially cutting it in half, at least in the beginning. Theoretically, gradually more people will move to 64bit so they'll probably end up there as well. If there isn't enough sales potential in the beginning though, it may dissuade them from diving in.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

My Xaviation version of the CRJ does not work in 64 bit, just reinstalled and all the panels are blank, figured it was 64 bit incombatibility. I think other versions do (non-gizmo), but perhaps not 100% from what I've read?

Still like confirmation on this one before purchase.

The CRJ was updated just a couple of weeks ago to 64 bit.

My Jetstream does seem to be fine in 64 bit but then again I haven't tried all the systems yet, just done a couple of circuits.

Looks good but as it does NOT support Linux I cannot buy it, sorry.

The CRJ was updated just a couple of weeks ago to 64 bit.

My Jetstream does seem to be fine in 64 bit but then again I haven't tried all the systems yet, just done a couple of circuits.

See post #31.

Founder of X-Aviation

As good as the benefits of 64bits may be for XP, it may become it's Achilles heel as far as 3rd party developers are concerned. Developers in general do not like having to support multiple versions of the same software they produce. In this case any aircraft, or utility that will require a plugin(s) will require 2 versions of it, 32bit and a 64bit. This is going to turn off some developers, especially ones coming from the FS series, I know PMDG is not going to be happy about this. This is going to create multiple camps. The first that will support both, these will most likely be from the dedicated XP developers. Ones that will supply one of the other. This will cut into their sales pool, essentially cutting it in half, at least in the beginning. Theoretically, gradually more people will move to 64bit so they'll probably end up there as well. If there isn't enough sales potential in the beginning though, it may dissuade them from diving in.

X-Plane developers already support at least two platforms: Windows, OSX, and many support Linux too. So I don't think any developers will be fazed by the expectation of compiling both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of their plugins for the next 12 months or so. 32-bit use will probably fade away as people upgrade.

Because X-Plane has been the best choice for Mac users for many years, there's disproportionate numbers of Mac X-Plane users. I think the stats for X-Plane users are roughly 50% Mac, 50% Windows, and 2% Linux. Roughly. A developer who can only manage one version of their product is already denied a place in the X-Plane market.

X-Plane developers already support at least two platforms: Windows, OSX, and many support Linux too. So I don't think any developers will be fazed by the expectation of compiling both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of their plugins for the next 12 months or so. 32-bit use will probably fade away as people upgrade.

Not exactly the same thing, as XP Plugins are compatible across platforms, through XP's API, where as you would need 2 separate versions with 32 bit and 64 bit.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Not really. Ben mentionned recently:

60% Windows

30% Mac

the rest for Linux.

Not exactly the same thing, as XP Plugins are compatible across platforms, through XP's API, where as you would need 2 separate versions with 32 bit and 64 bit.

Hang on - the source code needs to be altered for 64-bit? I don't know that, but I haven't got XP10 or a 64-bit computer so I haven't crossed that bridge yet. I thought the source code stays the same, it just needs to be compiled with a 64-bit compiler.

That's the process for building cross-platform plugins for 32-bit XP9 anyway. The same source code can be used to make Windows, Mac and Linux plugins, unless you're using OS-specific functions to, for instance, find the path to an .ini file. The burden is that the programmer needs access to all three OSes to build, test, and provide tech support for the plugin. For this reason, I've only produced Windows versions of my plugins, as I don't have a Mac or the cash (or, to be honest, inclination) to buy one, and haven't had the time (or, to be honest, inclination) to install Linux yet.

In any case, I'm sure that 32-bit and 64-bit versions can be developed, tested, and supported from the same computer, and that will be easier than multi-platform plugins which must be compiled, tested and supported from more than one computer.