Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

Airbus X Extended Released

No, that's not what I said. Rather you took the stage here in a condescendingly and aggravating way making assumptions about how we - the "morons" who fly the Airbus like it's a Boeing - should read the manual. Have you seen me fly it? Didn't think so.

Well, I have the audacity to say that I have a pretty good idea about what I am doing when it comes to flying. Also, I don't try to make others look like the laughingstock of Avsim when they are having problems. Especially when I don't have a clue about what's going on.

Sorry that I aggravated you ... What airports are you having problems at? What exact route and MCDU set-up are you using? I would like to try them myself.

I have not had one (not even one) issue with intercepting the "LOC."

I had one today while flying the tutorial flight after installing version 1.02c.

I pressed LOC button when I saw that localizer had come alive and had moved 2 "steps" from right to left. All was fine until I pressed the approach button, before LOC mode was locked. This sent me heading the wrong way.

I realized that I pressed the approach button too early so I took heading out of managed mode, pointed my nose back towards the right course. I then allowed LOC mode to fully lock before selecting Approach. This lead to a successful landing.

I had one today while flying the tutorial flight after installing version 1.02c.

I pressed LOC button when I saw that localizer had come alive and had moved 2 "steps" from right to left. All was fine until I pressed the approach button, before LOC mode was locked. This sent me heading the wrong way.

I realized that I pressed the approach button too early so I took heading out of managed mode, pointed my nose back towards the right course. I then allowed LOC mode to fully lock before selecting Approach. This lead to a successful landing.

Wow, I must be very lucky, then. Have you tried to fly that approach a couple of times more and see what happens. I'm sure the developer is taking a note of these and if they locate an error within the software, they'll fix it. (my best guess)

Sorry that I aggravated you ... What airports are you having problems at? What exact route and MCDU set-up are you using? I would like to try them myself.

Apology accepted!

I have three off the top of my head you can try: OMDB ILS 30R (FlyTampa) coming in on the DESDI *something, can't remember* RNAV STAR, then there was the KATL ILS 27R (default scenery) on the SINCA SIX STAR joining the final approach course at HOKIE intersection, and EGLL (UK2000) ILS 27R

Have you tried to fly that approach a couple of times more and see what happens.

I only have time to do about 2 flights per week so the next time has to wait. Having said that, I think this was my fault. Mode LOC* was annunciated when I pressed the approach button. I didn't wait for a lock and LOC mode to be annunciated. This might have caused a turn to the opposite direction.

Apology accepted!

I have three off the top of my head you can try: OMDB ILS 30R (FlyTampa) coming in on the DESDI *something, can't remember* RNAV STAR, then there was the KATL ILS 27R (default scenery) on the SINCA SIX STAR joining the final approach course at HOKIE intersection, and EGLL (UK2000) ILS 27R

Thanks, Daniel... I will make a note of this and try it myself, and see if I encounter the same issues. Sorry for being such a S.O.A.M.G :lol: Man, I get too excited with this Bus.

The VC looks great to me too. Im on a 30" Dell Ultrasharp at 2560x1600 with a Geforce 670 and Kostas Inspector settings. I use Trackir and like my pilots eye view zoomed in pretty close to try and get the displays as close to life size as possible, and its looking great so far. If I zoom the VC way out as if Im standing in the door then yeah the hand drawn aspect of it stands out, but I never fly standing in the door. Shade for FSX is also helping to add some additional depth to the VC for me.Took the NGX off my system last night, just really kind of bored with it. This is new and refreshing, and will due till the FS Labs version comes out for myself.

I use the Saitek TPM throttle and the Bus throttle works perfect with it out of the box with stock FSX assignments. Also the landing gear lever and some of the lighting switches on my Saitek switch panel work with it too stock out of the box. The MCDU works perfect on the iPad. I have not ove into the systems yet, but so far Im stoked. Gonna take it slow though as TacPak just landed too on my system and Ive got 500 pages of Wiki to read on that as well :blink: So far Im pleased with this Bus :Applause:

I feel the VC is very good as well. Plus it's a great airbus - worth the wait. I use a 27" ultra sharp,

Nvidia 580 gtx , interior and exterior are well done.

Sorry for being such a S.O.A.M.G

Your mother is a goat? :lol: Hey, no hard feelings here. I can totally understand your joy regarding the bus if all systems are go.

Your mother is a goat? :lol: Hey, no hard feelings here. I can totally understand your joy regarding the bus if all systems are go.

Hey ! Watch it now...Don't let shoot your "nxg" with my flying bus. :Big Grin:

I'm not an expert when it comes to flying buses, but I would guess that the LOC button would not be needed for ILS approaches. It would only really be needed for localizer approaches and when ATC have cleared you to intercept the localizer, but not yet cleared you to descend via the glideslope (this would be a very unusual situation tho). But I cannot say for sure, since I'm not an expert. It would be nice if somebody with a type rating, or even just somebody very knowledgable would comment on this point

vatsim s3

1133704.png

These bugs happen when a project gets rushed to market. Maybe they could issue a service pack that brings this VC up to 2013 standards! Sorry but this Airbus dissapointed me in its graphical quality compared to some other recent high- end addons.

I thought so too, until I took a look at the real world A320 cockpits, and they are just as bland! Taking that into consideration, I think they nailed it graphically!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

If you are talking about localizer capture (and only that - not approaches), completely disregard Flytampa's OMDB ILS 30R due to this:

http://www.flytampa....php?f=24&t=5762

Unless you have the latest 2.1 update of the scenery.

Very nice, sir! No, I didn't have that update. That could be the problem for that approach then. Thanks! New test coming up ^_^

Wow, I must be very lucky, then. Have you tried to fly that approach a couple of times more and see what happens. I'm sure the developer is taking a note of these and if they locate an error within the software, they'll fix it. (my best guess)

The LOC issue is a very rare issue (the problem happens when the Course is near the 0 or 360, rounding problems) so it may not happen to most people.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

The LOC issue is a very rare issue (the problem happens when the Course is near the 0 or 360, rounding problems) so it may not happen to most people.

Thanks Joshua. We are looking forward to the 10 Jan planned update.

Best