Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

FSDreamteam CYVR Vancouver is out!

Howard, that's one of the best explanations given in a long time. Come on, lets get us some sandwiches before they are gone. :lol:

:lol:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

And that's why I purchase Umberto's products without the trial. He's that good.

Thanks for the update!!!

supporter.jpg

I just downloaded the update and I'm a very happy camper. Full marks to Umberto and everyone at FSDT for taking customer feedback and offering up fast solution!

Are you guys getting a lot of texture tearing and autogen pop up around the area? With the update and without orbx?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Are you guys getting a lot of texture tearing and autogen pop up around the area? With the update and without orbx?

I initially had a little because of conflict scenery, but now is all great. Im also using DX10.

I found some other cyvr files that had nothing to do with FSDT. So perhaps thats an issue for you?

Also check nvidia inspector for your settings. Ive used example profiles in the DX10 threads though.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I agree dude,

I am on the FSDT forums, and I am banging my head against a wall here.

I too am not happy about needing to you dx10 to make this scenery work. I have spent more hours screwing settings, config entries etc and I simply bought this scenery to fly with it - not spend a lot more time messing with things than flying. While the dx10 for me has stopped the OOMs my fsx is running slower and stutters more than it ever did before. Night flying problems are not enjoyable in the least. I'm seriously giving thought to removing this scenery and eating the cash I spent. Never had a problem with the demo as it didn't run long enough to generate an OOM........interesting I would say.

I too am not happy about needing to you dx10 to make this scenery work. I have spent more hours screwing settings, config entries etc and I simply bought this scenery to fly with it - not spend a lot more time messing with things than flying. While the dx10 for me has stopped the OOMs my fsx is running slower and stutters more than it ever did before. Night flying problems are not enjoyable in the least. I'm seriously giving thought to removing this scenery and eating the cash I spent. Never had a problem with the demo as it didn't run long enough to generate an OOM........interesting I would say.

Nothing wrong with the scenery. You just have to have a balance of what you run. To see the point, try running with a default plane, no weather, and no traffic. Even in Dx9 if you wish. If there was a problem with it, it would choke even with vanilla settings. No one says you have to run dx10. Its just that running with all kinds of addons simply cant fit everyone into the 4gb box. NGX, Weather with clouds, traffic, NGX, etc etc. You have to compromise. I have no problems with CYVR, but I had to run the new installer, and tone down the settings, then reinstall 1024 cloud textures, scale back the AI traffic, and reduce the autogen a notch. Now im flying the NGX around vancouver in circles without a problem. All a matter of balance.

CYVR LSZH 

Nothing wrong with the scenery. You just have to have a balance of what you are as n. To see the point, try running with a default plane, no weather, and no traffic. Even in Dx9 if you wish. If there was a problem with it, it would choke even with vanilla settings. No one says you have to run dx10. Its just that running with all kinds of addons simply cant fit everyone into the 4gb box. NGX, Weather with clouds, traffic, NGX, etc etc. You have to compromise. I have no problems with CYVR, but I had to run the new installer, and tone down the settings, then reinstall 1024 cloud textures, scale back the AI traffic, and reduce the autogen a notch. Now im flying the NGX around vancouver in circles without a problem. All a matter of balance.

I completely disagree with you mate. There is issues with the scenery, it is either FSDT fault or Microsoft on how they rendered that area (samee as Seattle). With FSDT when I am on the active runway and looking away from the airport, I get perfect frames. As soon as I look into the center I get massive stutters and fluctuations

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I am enjoying this scenery add on, but I have to be honest, the compromises are the most I have ever had to make to get there. There definitely is something that is slowing my sim down more than anywhere else. (I am not running V+ or PNW).

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I completely disagree with you mate. There is issues with the scenery, it is either FSDT fault or Microsoft on how they rendered that area (samee as Seattle). With FSDT when I am on the active runway and looking away from the airport, I get perfect frames. As soon as I look into the center I get massive stutters and fluctuations

I am enjoying this scenery add on, but I have to be honest, the compromises are the most I have ever had to make to get there. There definitely is something that is slowing my sim down more than anywhere else. (I am not running V+ or PNW).

I agree it is very hard on the system, but if you disable CYVR and just fly in the area with Orbx PNW with weather and the NGX it still takes a beating. Its very similar to the notorious Seattle area. Vancouver itself downtown is high density, nestled in between alot of high mountains, and a whole lot of shoreline and islands. That is way harder to compute and draw for a CPU and CPU then just drawing say Dubai, while urbanly dense there is nothing else around. it is flat.

Im not trying to justify it all, just saying that when I did my tests with a very vanilla configuaration but had CYVR was enabled, it ran flawless whether looking at the airport or not.

CYVR LSZH