Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

FSDreamteam CYVR Vancouver is out!

Sorry for asking stupid things, but since some of you mention a patch. Is there some official statement on one coming? Or is it just a wish getting repeated? :unsure:

Yeah, he said he was going to release an update on the textures I believe, just not sure when.

Ok, that clears things up. Thanks guys.

Patch info posted in this link by Umberto, about 1/2 way down.

http://www.fsdreamte...p?topic=7842.60

Well I am glad to see a source. Thanks. I was considering the ORBX world product, but I am not going to fight these OOM's if this is the case.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well I am glad to see a source. Thanks. I was considering the ORBX world product, but I am not going to fight these OOM's if this is the case.

Eh? None of this discussion has anything to do with how Orbx' upcoming product will or won't impact VAS and OOM's.

Scott

Eh? None of this discussion has anything to do with how Orbx' upcoming product will or won't impact VAS and OOM's.

Scott

We have been discussing the piling of add-ons on top of each other. When you add the NGX+FS2Crew+Orbx+REX Clouds+a complex add-on airport, then they all compete for the 4gigs of VAS if I am not mistaken. I am not saying there is anything wrong with the ORBX Products I own all of Australia and most of the NA products. I rarely use them because I fly with SimSavvy photoreal in the US. All I am saying is that adding that product may cause a OOM and I am not sure if I want to spend that much money when these are the issues. I am trying to find a solution by balancing all of the variable but it is difficult.

EDIT: After rereading your post I get what you are saying and strictly speaking this issue does not have anything to do with CYVR but it does relate to ORBX since ORBX is helping to eat up some of the space. Strictly speaking its all a big giant web really.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The last few addons installed will always appear to be the culprit because they have to fight for the leftovers of the 4GB. And the leftovers are getting less and less all the time. We dont expect the next PMDG product to be less quality than the NGX, so guess what will be competing for the last few hundred MB.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I guess it's like having a plate of sandwiches at a party, more than enough for everyone, then a couple of uninvited overweight lardos arrive, who haven't eaten for 24 hours, and immediately all the sandwiches are gone! :lol:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I still maintain some of peoples issues have nothing to do with complex aircraft with this fsdt scenery.

I get a massive fluctuation in fps looking into the centre of the airport, even in an ultralight.

This was after landing in Flytampa Dubai with the NGX at 28-30fps locked in the vc

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Howard, that's one of the best explanations given in a long time. Come on, lets get us some sandwiches before they are gone. :lol:

As my previous post i had an oom when i used fscrew2 with ngx cyvr, orbox and rexe but that was my fault had my tml set at 4096 when i reduced it to 2048 had no problems at all. So i guess users have to expect that they cant maintain their high settings that they have been using at other airports.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

As my previous post i had an oom when i used fscrew2 with ngx cyvr, orbox and rexe but that was my fault had my tml set at 4096 when i reduced it to 2048 had no problems at all. So i guess users have to expect that they cant maintain their high settings that they have been using at other airports.

This is pretty much the story of my FSX life. There's nothing you can do except just turn down those settings a bit and all will be good. I fully except Umberto's explanation; it seems the most reasonable and logical.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

After rereading your post I get what you are saying and strictly speaking this issue does not have anything to do with CYVR but it does relate to ORBX since ORBX is helping to eat up some of the space. Strictly speaking its all a big giant web really.

Well, that and the fact that "Orbx World" is not like a full region (and certainly not like an airport). At this point we really don't know how much of an impact it will have.

Scott

Keep in mind guys for those of you who compare with other airport like Dubai, or a lot of other areas' they are relatively flat or perhaps hilly. YVR is 125 miles north of Seattle. The whole edge of the Pacific northwest is all coastlines and mountains. The combination is very hard on your system as we all experienced from KSEA in default scenery. Now most have orbx PNW which details it even further. Even more for the system to draw.

Think of what happens to your frames when you fly through a big city with a lot of buildings. Well multiply that a hundred fold for coastlines and mountains together. Just north of Vancouver are some serious mountain terrain as is east of Seattle. Mega polygon or whatever term drawing equals mega memory used relative to most other areas.

CYVR LSZH 

I like the options on the update. Great job Umberto for listening to our feedback!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Excellent update. I love the option for lower textures. This airport runs great on my system. I just wish I had at least 5 more fps at night. :P

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Really nice job on the options. Just did circles around yvr and up and around downtown near the north short mountains, and I never peaked above 3GB. This will help out alot of people Umberto. Great job!

Went with low dynamic shadows, mid sharpening, and 2048 textures. Clouds are 1024, and it was in the NGX. Running orbx PNW. Scenery sliders are near max, on most. FPS is about 17-25

Seasons are set to just one. Evergreen, since thats what it mostly is here all year except summer dryness.

Now we just need the T7 for a CYVR - RJTT run!

CYVR LSZH