Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Dear PMDG...User Poll...

258 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a PMDG 757 Series package?

• Aye!
    • Nay!

As for the 757 I respect PMDG's attempts to not stomp on other people's turf but at the same time I operate under the you snooze you lose mode.

Yes. I believe a developer should be able to commence development of a project "claimed" by another developer if the latter does not display ample communication or progress (i.e., 3+ years of little development and/or progress reports).

I have to say though, I don't care much for the A32X - I'm much more interested in seeing full simulations of the A330/A340/A380, which I'm sure won't take FSLabs that long once they've perfected the A32X.

I agree. I am particularly interested in the A330, which is one of my favorite aircraft. It seems so elegant, and is just about the right size for a large private jetliner. The B747 is a bit too large for private operations, but wide-body aircraft are always more grand and prestigious to fly compared to smaller aircraft such as the A320 or B737. The A380 and all of its highly automated features occasionally frighten me.

Personally i'd prefer if they remade the MD11 VC to the level of the NGX, but they said the sales on the MD11 werent that good so i doubt they would do that.

i want the md11 remade to its my favorite plane ever and its just a great plane to fly

i want the md11 remade to its my favorite plane ever and its just a great plane to fly

The PMDG MD11 is already one of the best widebody aircraft simulations available in FSX. I'd say that at this point in time it IS the best widebody aircraft available for FSX and is only bested by the decidedly not widebody longhaul aircraft, the 737NGX, also by PMDG. Certainly when 777 comes out we will have a "Finally there's something better than the MD11", but I don't see a pressing need for a remake just yet. (also KLM are starting to retire some MD11's with something like 3 being retired already this year).

Now a remake which starts off with a Boeing 717-200... that's something I could get behind. But for the time being, I consider the MD11 close enough to perfect as not to worry about for a good 5+ years.

For now, the only MD11 thing I'd want is an update to GSX to include freighter models (That big Upper cargo door all unused in GSX), which is an FSDT thing, rather than a PMDG thing.

No, the MD11 is fine as it is. It's already better than any non-PMDG product right now.

*The above only deals with aircraft available for sale as addons for FSX as of 19/01/2013. Addons that "Will be" available for sale "At some point in the future" (including PMDG 777) were not considered above.

Personally i'd prefer if they remade the MD11 VC to the level of the NGX, but they said the sales on the MD11 werent that good so i doubt they would do that.

+1 I'd pay for a MD11 upgrade.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Matthew S

The A380 and all of its highly automated features occasionally frighten me.

I'd love a go at the A380's features. However unless PMDG or FSlabs do one, then I'd be unconvinced that any PC simulation of the A380 would have any resemblance to the real one.

I don't see how A380 would scare someone who likes A330. I know the cockpits are very very different, but at the end of the day, it's just a (very very large) airplane.

What's the difference between an A330 and a 767? The cockpit is different and there's some computers protecting the aircraft from going outside safe flight envelopes when the computers are working. When the computers degrade into direct mode control, you have an aircraft slightly larger than a 767-300 without any of those comptuer protections. An airplane is an airplane. Wings produce lift unless they stall, engines produce thrust unless they fail, flight controls move unless the hydraulics fail. Some planes have more electronic aids in an effort to more efficiently interface between what the pilot wants to do, and the movement of said flight controls.

I don't see how A380 would scare someone who likes A330. I know the cockpits are very very different, but at the end of the day, it's just a (very very large) airplane.

I have nothing against the A380—it just possesses so many powerful features. From images and videos, it appears that its displays are much more flexible, and show airport maps, taxi camera views, vertical profiles, etc. Just the fact that the outboard ailerons move independently takes fly-by-wire to a new level, and I am not sure whether I like that the movements of the control surfaces are completely independent of the side stick inputs of the pilot.

However, I am not very knowledgeable about the technical details involving Airbus aircraft, so I do not want to make any false assumptions about their systems and technologies.

I'm old enough to already own PMDGs 757, 767 and 777

Thanks, Matt  -|-  Win 10 Pro 64, 7820X @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H115i, Asus Strix X299, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Saitek Yoke, Aviator Joystick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, XP11, P3D v3.4 & v4.5 Pro and way too many add-ons to mention! Simming since '95. Flying since '98.

Of any product they could make, the Boeing 757 seems like the single most logical! Not only would they have the best narrowbody in service today, but they could also utilize all that technology programming, etc. and make the most popular single-deck widebody around. For any invested time and money, I would develop the 757 before anything else. Popularity, so much shared with another mainstream airliner, all would make it the best bang for their buck!

From an economics standpoint there wasn't much point in them trying to produce a competing 757; it's good for the consumer, not for LVLD/PMDG. Plus there were plenty of other aircraft which had just as much a demand, so it does make sense that PMDG decided against developing a 757.

Exactly! This is business, its competition, not some people who have to live in a submarine for 6 months...

Inactive

We're not doing a 757, sorry guys. I do wish there was a way we could do it - the 757 is my personal favorite airliner - but the reality is just that it's not something we can realistically do at this time.

Think about the fact too that 757s/767s are slowly being retired in the real world currently - this is (unfortunately) going to be a forgotten airplane quite soon as far as the real world goes. They're all being replaced eventually by 737-900ERs, 737-9 MAXes, A321s, and 787s (for the 767s). This does have implications for us as a business - the majority of simmers like to fly what they can fly on in real life - this is something we kinda learned the hard way with the MD-11. The J41 was different just because there's so few higher-end turboprop sims out there, but I suspect it would have been affected more by this mentality if there was a high end Q400, EMB-120 or Saab 340 sim out to compete with it.

If we were to do anything from the 75/76 series it'd probably be the 767-400 given its similarity to the 777. I don't think it's very likely though - they fill the same role and the 764 is still different enough that it'd be a separate complete product for us.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

We're not doing a 757, sorry guys.

Think about the fact too that 757s/767s are slowly being retired in the real world

Thanks for the clarification. In any case, having something new and refreshing to the FSX world would be pleasant.

737-9 MAXes

Not to be annoying, but are there any plans for doing a 737 MAX addon pack for the NGX? Or are the aircraft too significantly different to add it to the NGX?

The 767 is still rather popular in the world much more so than the MD-11 and its still in production I believe.

The 767 is still rather popular in the world much more so than the MD-11 and its still in production I believe.

Yes, but there are better, unexplored (i.e., "new and refreshing") project options such as the A330, business jetliners (Beechcraft, Cessna, Honda, etc.), and regional jetliners that have not yet been rendered to PMDG standards, at least systems complexity–wise.