Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Dear PMDG...User Poll...

258 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a PMDG 757 Series package?

• Aye!
    • Nay!

Please consider doing the Boeing 757 series airliners. This plane has a history (& currently) as a player in Air Force Two and sports a phenomenal climb rate, short takeoff requirement on the -200 model, and has a great safety record. I use QW's which is good for what it is, but this bird really demands a first class production.

All those in favor say Aye! All those opposed...go have a beer or a cup of coffee then watch some TV!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Don't quote me on this, but I'm under the impression PMDG haven't done the 757 as a courtesy to Level-D.

EDIT: Since Level-D still 'intend' on doing the 757 I can't see PMDG starting development on it anytime soon.

Yeah, c'mon guys! I know there have been hundreds of failed request threads, but surely this will be the one to overcome the odds and convince pmdg to make it!

(please read with sarcasm)

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Personally i'd prefer if they remade the MD11 VC to the level of the NGX, but they said the sales on the MD11 werent that good so i doubt they would do that.

A PMDG rendition of any modern airliner (i.e., one with a glass cockpit) would be attractive to me, regardless of my previous opinions of the aircraft. I don't think the B757 should be prioritized as a future project, but would probably be so enticed by development and the quality of the final product that I would buy it immediately, if I had the money.

Aren't the whole team on good grounds with Level-D? PMDG still have their schedule booked for the next two years I'd say, probably already have the next products planned after the B747-8i/F.

Edit: I just looked at LDS Forums, seems someone on their team named "Daryl" said there will be some kind of update this year. That was said a week or so ago.

They're not gonna do it. They've mentioned it a few times. It's related to a professional courtesy to Level-D not to try to upstage their 757 (also known as vaporware - sorry, but let's be real here...).

Kyle Rodgers

Would I buy it?

Certainly

However I hope the 787 is after the 747v2 and expansions (like the 747-8)

I remember watching in one of their videos of some kind of press conference in Germany, if I remember correctly, where they were having a Q&A and they said something along the lines of "we want to make airplanes that people see at their airports everyday". Now I see a hell of a lot more 757s and 767s at my local airport (KTPA) than 777s or 747s. Not saying that I don't want PMDG to make those, but I've always thought PMDG should do a 757 and 767 since those are more common aircraft. However, I don't think one of hundreds of threads on a forum is going to convince them to do it. We should just sit back and let PMDG do what they do best instead of constantly nagging them about what we want them to do.

Samuel Scully

We should just sit back and let PMDG do what they do best instead of constantly nagging them about what we want them to do.

I agree with part of what you said, but I presume some sort of 'nagging' about what aircraft people want is a positive. That way they have an idea on what aircraft they can develop in the future that people will buy...

I would buy it right away. LevelD lives in the shadow of the old 767 and i don't believe they're working on anything anymore.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Yeah I would love to see PMDG finally making a 757, Level D 757 will obviously never come out. They could make 767 too.

I would buy it right away. LevelD lives in the shadow of the old 767 and i don't believe they're working on anything anymore.

I agree at some point, but again refér to the thread I posted above.

DShutt says in it that they are working on the 757, but their development cycle 'is painfully slow' because they work with it on an hobby basis.

I, to some degree, doubt PMDG will be announcing any new non-classic projects before the 747 v2 is out anyway. Giving that this is probaly 2 years out.

Im guessing they are waiting to see which platform will be the most mature to continue development for at that time.