Sign in to follow this  
captain420

I'm an ex X-Plane 10 convert

For me the scenery is the most important thing about the whole simulator, so X-Plane isn't even installed on my computer... For a new sim like X-Plane 10 I would at least expect the default scenery to be as accurate and good lookin' as FSX with UTX + FSGenesis Mesh + ORBX textures.

Wow! Not expecting much, are ya?

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

For me the scenery is the most important thing about the whole simulator, so X-Plane isn't even installed on my computer... For a new sim like X-Plane 10 I would at least expect the default scenery to be as accurate and good lookin' as FSX with UTX + FSGenesis Mesh + ORBX textures.

Then you would have FSX64. :P

XPX is now a 64bit sim and look amazing at night, but in order for it to capture more users, devs need to support x-plane. XPX needs seasons, cities, payware airports, and better looking clouds. My2c

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

, devs need to support x-plane.

The second they do, I am on board with the XP series. Until then, I am with MSFS.

I don't undersand some humans on this planet :lol: are these people using 20gb hard drives from 20 years ago :LMAO: why not install all sims and enjoy all of them. I have fs9, fsx, xp10, dcs, etc. etc on the same HD and enjoy it very much.

• Upvote 2

Which is still a limitation of FSX, wouldn't you agree?

That wasn't my point - it was reference to his comment about 16 GB of ram.

Wow! Not expecting much, are ya?

:rolleyes:

That guys post you quoted is unrealistic. But I wished XP's scenery out of the box matched FSX- specifically airport environments.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I own X-plane, FSX, P3D, Aerofly and just about every other affordable sim that has come out over the last 25 years.

At this moment in time my #1 is P3D and my #2 is X-plane. I dont use FSX anymore, as every one of my must have addon's are working in P3D and it runs pretty much flawlessly. P3D is what FSX should have been at release and I basically see FSX and P3D as one in the same.

I'm leaving third parties out because I having no idea of the advantages or limitations of either piece of software in this regard.

IMHO X-plane is capable of much better graphics, except at high altitude and the viewing distance sucks at the moment, hope this gets improved upon. I have very high end rig for my flight sims and In X-plane I have everything set to the max without HDR and the number of roads,builds,cars etc etc. is breathtaking with absolutley no autogen popups (everthing is just there) I absolutley love it.

I also get a better feeling of movement and inertia with X-plane.

Stock planes vs stock planes? both have nothing to brag about.

Today I prefer P3D/FSX because of the fantastic third party addons I own. If I had to make the choice of stock vs stock it would be X-plane.

We'll have to wait and see where LM will take P3D with version 2 but I can definatley see the potential with X-plane 64bit and I'm sure the 3rd part developer's can too.

How I would love to try a PMDG 737NGX X-plane 64bit edition to make a real comparison with (if my memory serves me right PMDG's first project was a 757 for Fly which I owned and at that time I felt that Fly was superior to Microsoft)

I enjoy simming period. Past, present and future.

Floyd

• Upvote 1

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

For $70?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'd be happy to pay more if the default scenery was much better. I guess I'm in the minority though...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

XP10 could be there.

They just need a development team that takes some of the more basic needs of the community seriously.

We need freaking airport buildings (this should be the most basic addition that never should of been left out). Most want landclass, not a made up world. They want ATC to work on a basic level. They want a real AI system.

Fix those four things and you'd be on the same level as FSX features wise for the most part plus what XP10 already does better. Then things could really take off with 3rd party developers. Right now though the market isn't there because too much of the core is missing.

I'm hearing quite a few people saying that night flying in XPX is amazing, but seriously I don't see it. When comparing with FSX, I think it looks a whole lot better. The lighting that is. Looks more realistic to me. Perhaps if someone can show me some comparison shots or exclusive night time shots in XPX to correct me. I've been constantly on youtube looking at both FSX and XPX night time features to see which looks better overall since I enjoy night, dusk and dawn flying.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm hearing quite a few people saying that night flying in XPX is amazing, but seriously I don't see it. When comparing with FSX, I think it looks a whole lot better. The lighting that is. Looks more realistic to me. Perhaps if someone can show me some comparison shots or exclusive night time shots in XPX to correct me. I've been constantly on youtube looking at both FSX and XPX night time features to see which looks better overall since I enjoy night, dusk and dawn flying.

I think it's mainly about the road lighting and city lighting.

So you expect $70 DEFAULT scenery to be as good looking as FSX + UTX + FSGenesis + ORBX +...

Keep dreaming.

bonchie I see, but in order to enjoy that lighting to the max would require one to enable HDR mode, correct? Does that mode have any effect for daytime lighting as well?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

So you expect $70 DEFAULT scenery to be as good looking as FSX + UTX + FSGenesis + ORBX +...

Keep dreaming.

ORBX? No, but you should expect the textures at least to be that quality in 2012 (obviously not hand placed like ORBX regions, just talking ground textures). Mesh should of improved since 2006 as well. UTX? Updated landclass, heck, any landclass should be expected.

• Upvote 1

Keep dreaming.

Most people have spent way more than $70 pimping FSX, so why not buy a sim with less dependancy on addons for a little more $...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Most people have spent way more than $70 pimping FSX, so why not buy a sim with less dependancy on addons for a little more $...

Well we are on the same page here.