Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

The PMDG of GA world?

Those indicate a tendency to fly medium to long range segments, such as 500 NM or more? Especially the mention of high and fast. Is that the case?

Yes, exactly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Those are my kind of flights as well. I fly GA 90% of the time. That other 10% is in a HondaJet created in 2007 by a single individual and not at all up to the standards you are looking. I spent 25 years with Honda so I have interest in it. That and the fact that it can reach up to FL410 and speeds up to .74M. The IRL HondaJet is innovative and economical so I hope someone else takes a shot at it.

The best match in my hangar for the profile you painted is the Carenado King Air C90, which can reach TAS of around 240 and reach up into the mid 20,000 ft range. I don't have the Duke but have considered it. Have also considered the Carenado King Air B200, which can go faster and higher than the C90. I want something faster than the C90 to use on some of those segments I have used the HondaJet for. Waiting to see how the MilViz King Air 350 turns out before I spring for either it or the B200 as I also have the Milviz Cesana 310 and the Carenado Cessna 340 and just don't need to add other twins willy-nilly.

The suggestion to snag Reality Plus GPS is something I support 100%. They have support to find the way into the panels of the Carenado and MilViz models and are excellent replications of the real world GPSs as they use the actual Garmin trainer as their GPS engine. My RPX GNS430 and 530 have been updated with the mid-2012 Garmin NAV update, which is a real plus as most GPS/RNAV approaches in the U.S. are in that database.

There are a huge number of members here using the Duke, the Cessna 310, 340, and Carenado King Air models, so you can get good peer support for mods, panel configurations, repaints, etc.

The Lancair Legacy has range and speed, but its service ceiling is 18,000. If you stay realistic with it you won't go to 18,000, so you wouldn't use the J-routes you are likely using on all of your NGX flights. The C337 lacks the speed and service ceiling.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yep, right sorry. I was on the impression that there was an FDE model from Bert Stolle as it was mentionned in a thread about best GA airplane about one month ago. But I checked on my drive and I dont have any addition except Bert Pieke Collin Nav radio fix.

Mr. Stolle designed the flight model for Carenado. There is no additional one. The Skymaster is easily one of Carenado's best efforts, if not the best. I wish they would go back to these non-glass planes that they can actually do well.

The Realair Turbine Duke and Lancair Legacy, as well as the A2A Civilian Mustang are GA must-haves. Everybody should own these planes without hesitation.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Fppilot - very informative post thank you a whole bunch for that the information. Thanks as well to the rest of you for your input as well much appreciated. I'm actually excited about getting online tomorrow and grabbing one of these GA planes. Although the learning curve is going to be steep, especially with those gps units.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Blah - wont be nearly as bad as learning the NGX. In fact I often fly NGX as GA. It certainly can be flown like a BBJ.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Although the learning curve is going to be steep, especially with those gps units.

I've see a good bit of I b-ing and moaning here recently about entering flight plans into the RXP GPSs . I have gotten proficient at it and can share my techniques with you. I am not a VATSIM user at this point and export my RXP flight plans to FSX and then load them. I also have a flight planning site I can recommend for GA. Send me a PM here and I might be able to help get you jumpstarted.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I second the advice on the Realair Lancair Legacy. It's really a fantastic plane, probably the best GA plane so far.

The A2A Civilian Mustang is cool, too, especially with Accusim, and so is their Piper Cub, but that one's really slow.

The Carenado C337 has one of the best VCs, too, and the night lighting looks amazingly real.

Regards,

Flo

Mr. Stolle designed the flight model for Carenado. There is no additional one. The Skymaster is easily one of Carenado's best efforts, if not the best. I wish they would go back to these non-glass planes that they can actually do well.

ok that explain why there is no optional download for the C337.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

I only have the PMDG 737NGX and RealAir Lancair Legacy installed. I don't need any other plane. ^_^

<br />Henri, is the Pilatus fairly new on the market? I must not be paying attention because this is the first I've heard of that aircraft nobody else has mentioned it.<br />

I think it is not very new. There is a review of it on AVSIM and a lot of articles you can find on Google. It is on sale at the Flight1 store (and probably elsewhere), so you can read the specifications if you wish. When I bought it about a year ago, there was a lot of discussion about it on the forums (which is why I got it).

Henri

Henri Arsenault

I can't believe that not a single person has mentioned yet that A2A Simulations are working on a Cessna 172 and a Piper Cherokee, complete with Accu-sim realism. If you don't mind waiting a little longer they will be no doubt the closest that you can get to a hypothetical PMDG GA aircraft.

The Flight1 Pilatus PC-12 is one of my favorite aircraft ever, but sadly it is dated with very light systems and the virtual cockpit is getting old. Since the systems are not modeled fully, it is not a PMDG of the GA world. Every day I wake up hoping they announce a V2 with full system modeling and a redone virtual cockpit.

I can't believe that not a single person has mentioned yet that A2A Simulations are working on a Cessna 172 and a Piper Cherokee, complete with Accu-sim realism. If you don't mind waiting a little longer they will be no doubt the closest that you can get to a hypothetical PMDG GA aircraft.

Now that you mention it...

and btw, RealAir are working on a C172, too! I'm very interested already, whether Realair can beat Accusim or not.

I'm looking forward to the A2A Piper but I think I'll get the RealAir 172