Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

simmerhead

This is what our flight sims could look like

I never thought I would be willing to spend $1000 on a new flight sim, but if this was one, I'd fork out the cash in a heartbeat. :D

Unimaginable graphics awaits in the future. Makes the ORBX "flows" look pretty pathetic.

http://unigine.com/products/valley/

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yah, uniengine has been plugging along for years showing the technical prowess and wow-facter that 3Dmark used to have, but alas they only really do tech demo/benchmarks as far as I am aware.

As a realistic proposition, I would love to see that level of virtual fidelity in something like Railworks!

Wow. Just shows where we will be in a few years time :-). If i had a simulator like this I wouldn't bother with saving up for real lessons :-)

Ha ha evil. I'm guessing we'd need one hell of a beast to run this.

As if FSX users would care for frames, Ron. ^_^

I'll have to try this--looks interesting.

John

Yeah, but what's like on frames? B)

On ultra settings my computer runs it smooth as a silk! I'm flying around in the valley, and howly cow what an amazing engine this is!

I was kidding...

I know, I'm just sayin' :)

It performs amazingly. Just the weather interface and how you can change weather on the fly is so cool! Now I wish I never saw this thing :(

Was pretty terrible to return to the FSX planet...

I know, I'm just sayin' :)

It performs amazingly. Just the weather interface and how you can change weather on the fly is so cool! Now I wish I never saw this thing :(

Was pretty terrible to return to the FSX planet...

Real volumetric clouds have had my vote for ages now. I asked over at Rex about the possibilities a few years ago, and was told they would love to, but that FSX simply did not have the necessary hooks for such a thing. After that, I sorta hoped xplane might go for it..........

Things like this just convince me even more that volumetric graphics create the most realistic rendition of natural weather.

Download, install and see for yourself!

Wow,

I downloaded this and was simply stunned that so much detail could be rendered so fluidly on my video card. At ultra settings my fps was about 24, but it seemed smooth like a motion picture. At lower settings my fps was in the 40's and the loss in detail wasn't that drastic. It's the coolest benchmark/graphics demo I've seen in a long time. Can't wait to show it to my daughter--she'll think it's heavenly. Thanks for posting this thread.

John

Wow,

I downloaded this and was simply stunned that so much detail could be rendered so fluidly on my video card. At ultra settings my fps was about 24, but it seemed smooth like a motion picture. At lower settings my fps was in the 40's and the loss in detail wasn't that drastic. It's the coolest benchmark/graphics demo I've seen in a long time. Can't wait to show it to my daughter--she'll think it's heavenly. Thanks for posting this thread.

John

Did you try to move around on your own and change weather on the fly? Pure magic!

the video looked like "

" :lol:

I have been playing the heck out of Skyrim the last few weeks and was thinking the same thing. (Just completed Dawnguard and started the new Dragonborn expansion and the new island)

I have been playing the heck out of Skyrim the last few weeks and was thinking the same thing. (Just completed Dawnguard and started the new Dragonborn expansion and the new island)

it is an amazing and fun RPG :drinks:

This demo might remind us of Skyrim because the trees there and in Skyrim are so evocative of speedtree technology. Those same similarities in foliage reminded me a bit of Microsoft flight as well.

(Not sure if speedtree is actually used in the demo, but if not, it's sure close!)

The good news is that this demo was designed with flight simulators in mind and unigine has an OpenFlight import capability.........

I found that they also have a Benchmark called "heaven" which allows virtual walk thrus of villages and other imaginary places.

Here's a youtube link:

And here's the url for the benchmark:

http://unigine.com/products/heaven/

Very amazing what a personal computer can display these days!

John

The heaven benchmark is from a while ago, but if you have a computer that can handle DirectX 11 you won't see a finer example of tessellation. You can also look for the Sanctuary and Tropics demos from them.

Saw this posted on Slashdot, Unigine have released a benchmark (you can download it) which features 64Km2 of scenery that shows off detail from the large to small.

You can download the benchmark and try it out yourself.

BTW if you're wondering about why bother with grass, it really gives those visual cues when flying a helicopter in a hover.

So Kickstarter anyone?

Yeah, I posted about this earlier at Orbx. Downloaded it too, amazing, you can walk around the whole area

A2A, PMDG, Eaglesoft and other high end aircraft, REX & Opus for the weather, VoxATC for the ATC, FS2Crew, Aivlasoft EFB with Orbx, Fly Tampa etc doing the scenery and it would come together all very nicely.......