Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Nerd³ The Road Trip! Euro Truck Simulator 2

Seeming as this came up in another thread and seemed interesting, I looked for a review from the always amusing nerd. Amusing enough that I thought some others might enjoy a look. :P

Warning: Occasional exclamatory cussing.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Darn you Devon, I can't believe I actually watched that whole video! Now there's a man who loves the sound of his own voice...

If he didn't babble so much he might not have crashed so often... He%20He.gif

Oh well, I won't have to buy this release since I've already been totally bored by it! :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I did take a few hours to download the "DEMO" (which is actually pretty much functional), and have hired myself out for three "delivery jobs". The second trip from Calais to Southhampton was interesting since my "French employer" stuck me in a left-hand drive tractor, and after taking the "Chunnel Train" over to Blighty, I had the interesting experience of driving on the left side of the road for the very first time in my life!

Gah, I won't make too much fun of "Nerd3's" driving any more. Even using my CH Yoke as a "steering wheel" it's damned hard to control the rig when over 40kph! The last trip from Southhampton to London was equally interesting. Gotta love those round a bouts (not!)...

For some insane reason, when trying to configure my CH Pedal's "toe brakes", this sim is reading the brake assignment as the accelerator, and the accelerator assignment as the brakes! It took me over an hour to figure out why I wasn't moving when I tried to go forward or backwards. :Confused:

Oh yes, after my second successful job, I got an "email" from the Bank offering me a line of credit $100,000 Euros, for only $476 Euros/day repayment! Wow, what a deal... :Clown:

While an interesting bit of fun for awhile, I just can't see me paying $49.99 for the full version...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well these types of games are definitely an acquired taste........ ^_^

I am gonna try to get him to review the Kerbal Space thingy!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

If you want to be really bored, try Farming Simulator...

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

If you want to be really bored, try Farming Simulator...

This is one I really don't get....

I want the rain effects in FSX!

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

I love that guy's channel. For those of you who want to see him try a sim while completely failing, look at his DCS: A10c video.

Daniel Miller

He tested also FSX recently.. very funny!

Just watced that review it whas hilarious, worst attempts to land i ever seen :lol: And In the second attemt with the boing he sounds so confident that he's going to make it, and just crashes one more time. LOL

Have you guys seen him review the DCS A-10C of all things? Talk about a lot of shaking heads and pointing at the screen...

Or Forklift Simulator.

:lol: Yeah, I have never understood why people would be intrested in these kind of sims.

I'll guess the next thing they'll make will be "Learn howto go to the toilet and take a dump simulator" and some people would be intrested in that too... :P