Sign in to follow this  
metalmike

FeelThere Embraer Regional v2 - 50% off

Omg I just bought this last week. Lol

Oh well. There will be another. Good addon though for people interested.

How is this aircraft? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm interested as well. I've heard mixed things about FeelThere, but better than average ones about this bird.

is this a hardcore plane or lite n easy?

ZORAN

I bought the FSX version and it is great. I like it a lot and it is my number one regional hauler unless I am going old school and using the DC-9.

I like it. It isn't super complex but is flies good IMO, isn't hard of frames and looks nice. I even think McPhat had free HD textures for it.

It has a FMC and all, or you can simple use radio navigation. Not sure if it has default GPS though.

At 50% off it's a very good value. I saw some complaints about night lighting, basically that there is not good panel lighting and instead you need to turn on the flood lighting. I haven't flown it at night so have not run into this.

There's not much performance data or fuel planning information. To calculate fuel, you need to use the FMS, then go and fuel the aircraft. There's a cheat available where you can adjust the fuel directly from the FMS. I don't think there's any external fuel planner, though I heard of one for FS9, I don't know if there's any way to make it work in FSX.

The FMS is very detailed and is updateable with Navigraph or Aerosoft. I thought the manual could have been expanded, certain parts are very terse and some FMS features are not documented at all. I had to go on YouTube to learn about the Direct Intercept feature. See these vids: http://www.youtube.com/feed/UChmgE8MnzEb5ZC8cQvPreEg/u.

The anti-ice systems seem to be modeled well and also documented in detail. It's great to hand-fly. Comes with beautiful liveries from McPhat and there is a paintkit available. Very good product for the price. I wouldn't call it hardcore but definitely not lite either.

Barry Friedman

Hi Folks,

I think it's as hardcore as the real one - I like the FADEC engine control... It doesn't have an auto throttle... The ERJ-135/145 has decent night lighting - I don't like the lightening in the 175/195... Honestly - I bought both the 135/145 and 175/195 at the same time... I like the 135/145 a great deal and the 175/195 not so much... The flight model in the 135/145 feels realistic - roll has some inertia to it - while the 175/195 FDE feels like default... . I chatted a bunch with a real ERJ-145 pilot on the other board about this plane and he seemed to like it - faults and all...

This video gives a good example of the night lighting..

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I must say for roughly $20, this is a good deal. The textures are nice and the systems aren't bad for the price. The FMS and other systems reminds me of the ESDG CX 2.0 so anyone familiar with that bird will be able to fly this easily. I like it and its easy on the fps.

Pilots look a little weird though but other than that, nice bird  B)

Grab it while you can....

I like it too. VC is toyish and a bit fuzzy. But it is real fun to fly and with a good tutorial I was able to master the FMC. I noted that it followed the vertical navigation plan especially well. It has interesting paints and routes available.