Sign in to follow this  
gregoryv

FS2CREW for MJC DASH8-Q400

For the Autothrottle PICs who are not too familiar with turboprops, you will quickly come to the realization that you have to stay on top of this aircraft especially during the approach, and especially if you have picked up a considerable amount of ice, and have not been thinking several steps ahead of the aircraft for activating the de-icing systems in a timely manner to ensure the safe operation of the aircraft. 

You need to fly the aircraft and see how the aircraft responds when you have configured it with full flaps and condition levers to 1020.  There will be hours and hours of a learning curve until you truly become one with your chariot - being powered by 2 Pratt & Whitney 150 engines.

Yeah, I just figured that one out on my own today. I pretty much only fly jets, occasionally the J41, but man, doesn't that autothrottle spoils you! The approach was stable and speed was constant so I switched to the outside view to take a screenshot. Everything took less that 10 seconds, but when I went back to the cockpit, the stall horn was yelling at me. The autopilot had disconnected and, as I was unprepared, I couldn't put the aircraft back on the glideslope. That moment I realised you really have to stay on your toes with the Dash-8. Things change in the blink of an eye.

Matheus Mafra

looks like shes a handful to fly by the reports so far especially take off/approach

FO is a must have here

ZORAN

looks like shes a handful to fly by the reports so far especially take off/approach

FO is a must have here

It's not hard, but this airplane has its peeves. One good example is that it has a strong tendency to yaw left on departure because of the torque of the props. I was completely cought by surprise on the first time, buy after a few takeoffs I learned to predict and compensate for this effect accordingly.

Matheus Mafra

I wonder where is Bryan while this discussion is heating up? ;)

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I'm watching it.

I'm sure it's a brilliant plane, but there's only so much time in a day to do an FS2Crew for every plane worth doing!

Does it have an SDK?

I don't believe it has an SDK yet.  However, given what they are planning for the Pro and Training versions, I suspect it very likely may get one in the future.

Pending an SDK that I know is a big step, this is plane to rival the NGX and forthcoming T7.  Most deserving of FS2Crew.  Regardless, if there is indeed to be an SDK, I doubt it will come before the Pro and Training versions are released several months down the road.

Eric Szczesniak

+1, count me in as customer as well.

+1. I will buy it the day it is released  B)

I think it would sell pretty close to the way your NGX version did Bryan.

It seems you have a lot kite people realizing what some of us did years ago.

Lee

Its only 7 months before we get the shared cockpit!(I need to see it to believe it )but I would still buy Fs2Q-400

Yes, I too would like to know if FS2 Crew will se available for the Dash8 Q400. And I know a couple of others wondering the same.

JFriz

The only thing stopping me buying the Q400 is the absence of FS2Crew.

I think the fact that Bryan is asking "Does it have an SDK?" indicates that we shouldn't hold our breath.........

ngxu_banner.png

Oh man I'm so spoiled!.. ////

I did 10 flight with the Q400 already and I love it. I'm having a bit of a hard time to "stay on top" of the airplane while doing all those things required for 2 persons (reading the checklist is the least). Specifically taxi the plane, and do the taxi checklist or after landing checklist items... It's hard to concentrate on the power setting, the tiller, and everything else ;) Bryan HELP! 

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Incidentally, given that I found flying the JS41 single handed a challenge until FS2Crew came along, I did wonder if ProATC-X, which I use for ATC, could provide some help with the Q400.  It does things like tuning radios & ILS, reading checklists etc for other aircraft, if you want to use those facilities.

It seems that because a lot of the Q400 works outside FSX - which presumably gives a lot of its benefits - ProATC-X probably can't provide its functionality either.

It looks like solo flights only for the time being....

ngxu_banner.png