Sign in to follow this  
Guest Q_flyer

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 - Release Thread

Did you run the installer as an administrator? were you prompted to load the gauge when first loading the aircraft from the menu? try loading a default airplane sitting on a ramp, then go up to the pause menu and select this airplane.

I have tried everything... Still nothing sadly :(

Oh my....  I had to settle for reading forum threads about this plane all day, since I had too much going on this morning to go and purchase it.  I know I'm just joining a chorus here, but wow... is this ever sweet.  I've only sat in it about 3 hours or so, but I think my wife may get jealous of my new mistress :lol:

I feel bad for those who have been having problems getting it installed and running.  I had no issues here whatsoever - it all went smooth as silk.

Nice simple start up procedure, love hearing this one spool up.  I must of sat there starting it up and shutting it down repeatedly for an hour straight!  A bit more work required in the air, especially if hand flying.  My first landing in it wasn't as smooth as I'd like either.  :rolleyes:   I suspect I'll be getting to know her for quite awhile, looking forward to it!

I don't know if I've managed to find something about it that I didn't like yet... I haven't touched the FMC yet, so no comment there.  Lots to like though, lots of little touches that add up to a bigger positive.  Biggest thing I like though has to be the framerates.  I was a little shocked to find I could get 60 fps at my regular test flight departure airport (Default Orbx PAKT).  Can't wait to fly this into some bigger centers! 

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Guest Q_flyer

I found the reason for the aircraft turning to the left beyond 40KNOTS. My tiller is locked to the left and I can't bring it back to neutral. How do I control the tiller?

There's a little switch just above the Tiller. 

Do we know if Aerosoft NavData Pro is going to supply FMS data for the Majestic Dash?

Gavin Price

Guest Q_flyer

Throttle = Anyone know how to get full throttle without blowing engines on takeoff!?! Lol. Took me 3 tries.

Hi,

If you have too large a difference in values between the "MAX" and "DETENT" engine settings in the Control Panel, you could be going past the DETENT (FADEC managed) setting and into MAX (Non FADEC managed I believe).

What I have done, is set MAX and DETENT to the same value (1000 lower than the maximum value on my axis range) and now when I push the throttle full forward I get proper managed power, without the 'overs'.

OR,

Keep the "MAX" and "DETENT" values quite far apart, and when pushing the throttle forward, make sure you stop at the "Detent" areas, and you won't get 'over-torques'.

Guest Q_flyer

I can't see what using Shift+E has to do with the depth of simulation. It's not Ctrl+E. I find it more useful to press Shift+E than to dig in FMS menus with the mouse. Anyway, I've suggested implementing door interface to Oleksiy.

I totally agree, and just cannot understand the complaints about the door opening.

What is difficult or frustrating about pressing

CTRL+E

or

CTRL+E, then 1

or 

CTRL+E, then 2

....... it was fiddly and unreliable in FS9 but has been working normally since 2006! (FSX).  I too would much rather have intuitive control of the doors, using the above commands, than go digging into FMS pages...  (which is of course not realistic as aircraft doors are not opened via the FMC .... but then again, neither are they opened in real life by pressing CTRL+E :lol:).

Maybe the people complaining are those who have not mastered the standard door opening system in FSX;

Just make sure you hold the CTRL key, then press 'E', then let go of the CTRL and the 'E' key and tap numbers 1 (or 2, or 3, etc depending on how many doors an aircraft has).

CTRL+E on it's own always opens the main door.

Guest Q_flyer

I wonder how much money majestic has made today. 

Probably not a fraction of the cost of developing this product, over many years.

MY CONFIRMED ISSUES - (12 hours flight testing, 6 rotations)

Ok, I've thoroughly tested the Q400 over about 12 flying hours and about 6 take-off and landing.

It's absolutely beautiful.

I can confirm I am seeing the following bugs :-

• The 'sound bug'.  I lose sound at about 15 minutes in (similar to others) but it's only happening intermittently.
  • I too am an OPUS (DHM) user, and I too am seeing the 'jumping' on the ground. I disabled DHM within OPUS and the problem was solved, but I would love to be able to turn it back on with this aircraft at some point.

I'm personally not seeing any issues with the AP; extreme yaw, out of trim when disconnecting etc.  I spent quite some time setting up healthy sensitivty and null zone settings in FSX and in the MJC Control Panel, so perhaps I've "tuned the issue out".      When I disconnect the AP it's smooth as butter.

I am also not seeing the issue where values jump to '0' when the VS or ALT is set.  (Perhaps this is a Win 8 issue;   I am on Win 7).   I have FSUIPC Mouse Macros set up for all AP commands (linked to keyboard assignments), and although the values accelerate a bit too fast, it generally works well.

Only real potentially serious issue that I am seeing is this sound bug.

DHM= Dynamic head movement

@

Im getting some 'jerkiness'(like stutters - but it is not performance related) on the first couple of minutes of flight(As in after takeoff).. Then it stops.. Havent tested the auto pilot yet.

Does anyone else get this? It is very bad when I fly hands off, and the aircraft rolls left (as it is - afaik supposed to)

What is difficult or frustrating about pressing

CTRL+E

or

CTRL+E, then 1

or

CTRL+E, then 2

....... it was fiddly and unreliable in FS9 but has been working normally since 2006! (FSX). I too would much rather have intuitive control of the doors, using the above commands, than go digging into FMS pages... (which is of course not realistic as aircraft doors are not opened via the FMC .... but then again, neither are they opened in real life by pressing CTRL+E ).

Maybe the people complaining are those who have not mastered the standard door opening system in FSX;

Just make sure you hold the CTRL key, then press 'E', then let go of the CTRL and the 'E' key and tap numbers 1 (or 2, or 3, etc depending on how many doors an aircraft has).

CTRL+E on it's own always opens the main door

CTRL+E will never work on this baby mate. Thats for engine start in default birds. I think you mean SHIFT+E? :LMAO:

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Really disapointed with Majestic.  This bird obviously has HUGE potential, but the fact that we're all 'groping in dark' on here without proper support is pretty outragious in my opinion.

I, like many here, have multiple issues:  Aircraft 'bounces' all over the place - Config panel doesn't work at all - several sound issues - AP disconnects at random.....

Although several folk here have said no refunds on download, Martyn has clearly stated he WILL give refunds.  I'm going to hang on for a while, in the hope that Majestic get some things sorted.  However, the fact that they're not really communicating with us speaks volumes:-(

Dougal, if you check their Facebook page (you don't need a membership to see it) you will see they had to shut down their web servers in order to deal with the volume of activations. This appears to still be the case. It has been around 24 hours since release, coupled with the fact it is the weekend, and I can imagine they probably have a high volume of activations still coming in.

Your support will come but it looks to me like the guys are mega busy at the moment.

First post on this forum, but I have been a lurker for some time.

I'mreally starting to love this plane even though it really uncovers my shortcomings as a pilot. I find that I really have to be alert at all times.

I do not have problems with a bouncing aircraft and the sound is working well for me.

I do have some trouble flying SID's though. (I acknowledge this could well be pilot error) Today and yesterday I was flying the BKD7T SID out of EDDT. The plane did not overfly the waypoints in the SID but instead flew direct tot the last waypoint BKD. After getting to BKD it should fly to BUMIL via airway L619, but it didn't. I configured the FMS according tot the sample flight tutorial and there was no "NO LINK" in the FMS. 

I'm also having a lot of trouble landing this bird, but that is mostly my own error. I'm still learning to keep the plane at the correct speed without AT and at the same time hold in on the GS.

To measure my landings I have a little LUA-script and I use an app called Approach Grader. To me it seems that Approach Grader is not working with the Q400, could this have anything to do with de FDE? According to my LUA-script my landing was at 2400 FPM. While I admit it wasn't the best landing ever, it wasn't that bad. So I guess the FDE is also messing up these numbers.

I'm really anticipating the announced better tutorial for this plane.

There's a couple of other small bugs - it seems the attitude indicator is 2-3 degrees nose down on the ground - it should read 0 degrees.

Adam the aircraft (like the real q400) has a nose-low attitude when sitting on the ground, so you will not see a 0-degree pitch on the EADIs while the nosewheels are on the ground.

Xavier