Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 - Release Thread

I'd like to add my thanks - makes me feel like I made the right decision to invest in this aircraft, including the time and effort to learn how to fly it correctly! :rolleyes:

Bert

I'd like to add my thanks - makes me feel like I made the right decision to invest in this aircraft, including the time and effort to learn how to fly it correctly! :rolleyes:

+1 and thanks

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Thx  this is a detailed tutorial,  going to take  awhile to digest.  

Brendan is,  2 post above yours is a rw q400 pilot if  that's what your asking.

Really nice tutorial! I actually learned a lot about the plane. There's insight to RW procedures, insights on techniques and more importantly for me, why some of the procedures are done in the order they are.

I think everyone (who bought the sim) should check it out... Except for Porter Pilots and people in and around KEWR... in July...

Only noticed two typos and one nice "Airplane!" quote.

Read it, follow it, love it!

Ha! Well, I do have to admit that sometimes parts were written with a glass of malbec in hand. At least I didn't have the fish! 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Yes let me also say, brilliant tutorial. Gives me a lot of good context for why I'm doing what I'm doing, and my heart sinks less at the thought of programming an FMS than it used to. :)

Plus I've got more procedures to add to my startup routine that will make it take more than four minutes now.

Quick question on the radios: after I turn TCAS on by holding bottom-right LSK for two seconds, when I then go to VHF1 at top right LSK and hit it, I just get the vertical VHF letters to flash, and can't change the frequency with the tuning knob.

I got it to work one time but I'm not exactly sure what I did....? Something else somewhere is "locking" the tuning knob until I change it. I thought maybe it had to do with the VHF selector knob, but not sure.

Yes let me also say, brilliant tutorial. Gives me a lot of good context for why I'm doing what I'm doing, and my heart sinks less at the thought of programming an FMS than it used to. :) Plus I've got more procedures to add to my startup routine that will make it take more than four minutes now. Quick question on the radios: after I turn TCAS on by holding bottom-right LSK for two seconds, when I then go to VHF1 at top right LSK and hit it, I just get the vertical VHF letters to flash, and can't change the frequency with the tuning knob. I got it to work one time but I'm not exactly sure what I did....? Something else somewhere is "locking" the tuning knob until I change it. I thought maybe it had to do with the VHF selector knob, but not sure.

I think it might be the "power" knob of the ARCDU. Double check that its in either TUNE or BOTH- I think if it's in FMS, it locks out manual tuning with the knob. I'm trying to remember if the real aircraft was like that. 

Got it, thanks!  I also just noticed that you can tune on the FO radio if you're locked on the Captain's side; will just have to play with the knobs and get familiar with the logic, eventually it'll all be obvious to me. :)

Now I can fly this plane with the relief that I'm not breaking any "Virtual Component"!! Excellent tutorial, it made it real understandable to use the FMC, the correct speeds to follow after takeoff, etc. Congrats!

Now I can't wait to read those Abnormal Tutorials you have planned! Probably only for the Pilot Edition that will allow Failures, but it will be pretty cool.

Alexis Mefano

If you want any help making that video, I have recorded some for youtube, I can help you with what I know. Not much, but maybe it can make it easier. Thank you for the tutorial, looks fantastic!

Is it normal that a 5 minute video is GBs large?!

You need to Compress it using a Codec with some kind of Video Editing Software. The Raw file will be Huge.

If you want, PM me and I can help you with the software I use.

Alexis Mefano

Ok- I'll be in touch. It is a busy week though with the Opera and 2 concerts... 

Anyone found a fix for the 'jerky' movement while flying? Using opusFSX 2.9x beta with DHM

Holy crap, anyone seen this? Talk about extreme climb for a turbo prop. I tried this and stalled. lol

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

It looked empty to me, you couldn't see anyone in the cabin anyway. That's what 9000+SHP looks like, lol.

Cheers, Andy.