Sign in to follow this  
D-AIMA

Airbus X Extended

It's cat and mouse really. These are two currently available products, and both are receiving regular updates, plus both have significant future plans. What's the difference really, except for "in development" or "continual development"?

I didn't say repaints weren't available, but they're not in the same numbers as AXE paints.

I'm not going to say to you or anyone else to save your money, you need to make your own informed decisions, though for me the BBS is one of those regretfully sour purchases; it could be so good. BTW, it's not always the product that is most at fault.

It's also, for me, a matter of respect; I feel that Aerosoft deserves the custom that it gets, and that they appreciate their customers. I cannot say the same for BBS, but please do find out for yourself.

I enjoyed a truly great flight in the AXE the other evening - it really was in a different class to the BBS. It's a very polished product, something I'd forgotten.

I wish you well in your decision!

I picked up the Extended this evening since I already had the Airbus X (Can't go wrong fgor $22 USD, right?!). I like it quite a bit so far. I have not picked up the BBS offerign yet though. I like the traffic control sounds for the AXE, very immersive!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Ohhhh, my apologies then. I didn't realize that... I thought he quoted you like that to preserve your post so you couldn't edit it.

Now I see he replied to you through your quote. In that case... You did nothing wrong and I'm sorry!!

@@Johnny767

Please be nice. Read my first post in this thread as that warning is now directed at you.

Yes, please disregard the format of the context. It certainly got replied within his post which shouldn't have had happened. Next time be careful that the post is posted correctly to the post.

Hey, Johnny, do you have to troll every Airbus thread ? Your reply to Oliver was rude to say the least,

Your post to me is rude. That really hurt my feelings. :ph34r:

Girls can we settle this with handbags at ten paces? Sorry I mean EFBs at ten paces :P<br /><br />Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Purchased and downloaded the axe but can't install due to that really annoying windows file copy error even with virus checker off and using different drives.. Will try again later and also different mirrors... With today's lightning dl speeds I find it always takes longer to dl a zip and uncompress than just dl the original file which is only gonna be 10pc larger at most. Wish there was option to dl the original.. The sound pack file dl went perfect (uncompressed). <br />Can't wait to load up this great plane from what seems a developer with great customer rapport but will just have to wait a little longer to get past this hurdle I guess :/<br /><br />Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

At the end of installation the locked RAAS version get's installed, too, and it looks like the installation hangs there - just be patient at this very point, the installation DOES continue - may take up to a minute at that point, though.

Hi Guys,

Pardon my ignorance, but re products name what does BBS stand for?

Thanks,

Mal...

BlackBox Simulation - core developers are former core developers of PSS (Airbus Professional for FS2002/2004).

Holy #$@#$@# $? #$! What a $@#?@ amazing plane and incredible programming... And docs.... Sorry even with my massive IQ(!) I can't express my opinion better than that... <br />.. Only by for me was with no rudder pedals I got stuck on the checklists on rudder checks.. Even keyboard pressing would not pass that so I had to turn the view bar off and I lost of course all further Co pilot input during takeoff... But flying all the pmdg planes I had no worries what to do manually... On climb out now... Way past my bedtime but I'm landing this before zz time <br />:) <br />At its current sale price this should be a compulsory purchase for any heavy jet wannabe pilot.. <br />... Have to get used to the views as the resets with you two monitors are causing problems but with such great docs I am confident I will master that soon.. <br />.. Even with my personal rudder issue.. Soon to be a non issue when the mad katz arrive I was blown away with the copilot functions... I wanted to start the plane manually but with assistance like this I am a convert... I have to stop writing and get back to the tutorial flight... Cruise has now arrived and I am in total immersion mode.. <br />Bravo Aerosoft! You have raised the bar beyond what I believed was possible... I wish the fb term wasn't l blocked cos you can call me one now and I'd be proud of it! <br />Sloppy <br /><br />Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

My mistake:

Insert the ILS freq in the ILS line on the left hand side. Don't use the upper VOR line, but the lower ILS line. It's the same receiver, but entry lines differ.

You have to enter the ILS course separately.

where exactly?

Hmm landed safely auto land despite descent being nose dive alternating with beeps and over speed then kamikaze descent and repeat beeps.. Can someone send me the support link so I don't have to ask questions like why am I now on runway and can't turn off centerline even with ap off.... And raas is repeating 'landing memo' over and over while I'm stuck... Loving the plane once I can steer it on the ground again! <br /><br /><br />Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hmm landed safely auto land despite descent being nose dive alternating with beeps and over speed then kamikaze descent and repeat beeps.. Can someone send me the support link so I don't have to ask questions like why am I now on runway and can't turn off centerline even with ap off.... And raas is repeating 'landing memo' over and over while I'm stuck... Loving the plane once I can steer it on the ground again! <br /><br /><br />Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Here ya go!

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/517-airbus-x-extended/

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Nose dive could be due to missing managed descent; will be added per SP1 within weeks - probably!

Make sure, additionally, your fps are above 18

Overspeed probably due to high cost index - use 25-40

Steering on ground with flight yoke (no rudder pedals) possible if you activate autorudder from options within right MCDU

"Landing memo" call comes from copilot, you have missed a step from the before landing checklist - check all items on upper ECAM memo are green, clear the blue item(s) remaining to turn them into green, as well

but i can only frequencies between 118 and 136... no ILS frequency. What do i need to do?

Hope, I got it now:

You're probably trying to "dial" the frequencies in - on the remote receiver control units?

The remote units are for VHF only - ATC, ATIS and such stuff.

In the AXE, VORs and ILSs can only be "typed" ("entered") into the left MCDU (MCDU page is "RAD NAV")

Hope, this one helps better!!!

Hmm landed safely auto land despite descent being nose dive alternating with beeps and over speed then kamikaze descent and repeat beeps.. Can someone send me the support link so I don't have to ask questions like why am I now on runway and can't turn off centerline even with ap off.... And raas is repeating 'landing memo' over and over while I'm stuck... Loving the plane once I can steer it on the ground again!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Nose dive could be due to missing managed descent; will be added per SP1 within weeks - probably!

Make sure, additionally, your fps are above 18

@@@@@ yes that happened as the white tod descent arrow disappeared entirely from the flight display during cruise so I initiated descent when tutorial recommended it although in hindsight I could used the fms vnav way points to guide me

Overspeed probably due to high cost index - use 25-40

@@@@@@i was using the 40 instructed by tutorial

Steering on ground with flight yoke (no rudder pedals) possible if you activate autorudder from options within right MCDU

@@@@@aha thanks those pedals can't come soon enough... Hey hold on steering was fine

During taxi to takeoff.. Why not after landing?

"Landing memo" call comes from copilot, you have missed a step from the before landing checklist - check all items on upper ECAM memo are green, clear the blue item(s) remaining to turn them into green, as well

@@@@@ I missed a whole bunch of steps as the checklist was stuck on rudder configuration test from before taxi to short final approach when I guess the approach phase pushed the

Stuck checklist out and replaced with approach but I then I was too concerned about landing my first flight safely so ignored it.. Thx for explaining that one!

but i can only frequencies between 118 and 136... no ILS frequency. What do i need to do?

Hope, I got it now:

You're probably trying to "dial" the frequencies in - on the remote receiver control units?

The remote units are for VHF only - ATC, ATIS and such stuff.

In the AXE, VORs and ILSs can only be "typed" ("entered") into the left MCDU (MCDU page is "RAD NAV")

@@@@@ ils was auto tuned at top of descent! I didn't have to manually tune it and didn't select APPR until base to final leg.. Why would u need to manually tune thought it auto like the 747 and md11?

Hope, this one helps better!!!

@@@@@great fast replies thank you I'm very impressed!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

@@@@@ ils was auto tuned at top of descent! I didn't have to manually tune it and didn't select APPR until base to final leg.. Why would u need to manually tune thought it auto like the 747 and md11?

It's "just in case": AXE has a brand new navaid database - and FSX scenery is some 6 years old.

If an ILS frequency has changed the AXE chooses the new one, but for the ILS beam to show, you need the old one. In that case (only!) you need to insert the freq from your scenery manually.

(Was directed at another forum member, BTW!!!)