Sign in to follow this  
wizzards

P3d and 64 bit

LM have just released a update to Prepar3D v1.4 SDK which includes new 64-bit modeling tools,anybody know what the benefit of this is to P3d users ,does it mean ,64 bit P3d soon ,comments by  ,lionheart Creations ,Iris Flight simuatios ,Carenado ,Fly Tampa

peter

http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2013/05/4320/

This is GREAT NEWS!!!!!! Thank you very much for posting them here !!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Looking at the release it seems that there are some definite improvements to the design workflow but it doesnt imply to me that 64bit prepar3d is any closer than where it previously was.

The SDK tools and p3d are entirely separate.

Yes, pero si muove :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Do users(just pilots) need to install it?

There is a download zip but no install instructions .. unless you just copy the zip contents over the current version.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

No, just those who are developing for the platform (scenery, 3d aircraft models, etc...)

Main Simulation Rig:

:Hypnotized: OMG! 

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

jc,

Thanks for the answer.

I did not think so cuz stuff like Traffic toolbox was absent in the zip.

Have a good day.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Looking at the release it seems that there are some definite improvements to the design workflow but it doesnt imply to me that 64bit prepar3d is any closer than where it previously was.

The SDK tools and p3d are entirely separate.

Are you kidding?  Smile a little and dont be so negative. :)  This is great news. This is a step forward. Prepar3d has realized the importance of 64bit  and to develop it moving away from 32bit. 

What would be the point of releasing this SDK if they are going to stick around on 32bit.

It would be telling devs you can start developing for 64bit but it will be useless because we have no plans for 64bit.

It certainly is closer. Whether that be a year or 3 years, its closer than it was before by announcing this. 

The truth is, the new 64bit plugin is the most significant improvement to the Flight Simulator SDK for the last decade. We can now work faster, on more complex environments, without fear of performance loss or crashing.”

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Are you kidding?  Smile a little and dont be so negative. :)  This is great news. This is a step forward. Prepar3d has realized the importance of 64bit  and to develop it moving away from 32bit. 

What would be the point of releasing this SDK if they are going to stick around on 32bit.

It would be telling devs you can start developing for 64bit but it will be useless because we have no plans for 64bit.

It certainly is closer. Whether that be a year or 3 years, its closer than it was before by announcing this. 

I am not being negative I am just saying what has actually happened.

A tool used by a content creator that is 64 bit has nothing to do with prepar3d itself.  It in no way signifies any progress on the p3d roadmap.

If you dont understand that then it's fine but it doesnt invalidate what I said.

It is absolutely meaningless for folks who don't have or use Max2012. Since I use Max9 exclusively... <yawn>

The only real benefit even then are for those developers who run a 64 bit operating system, and also build polygon heavy models, so require the ability to use the extra memory support to export their models to the .x and .xanim files.

Truthfully, this export module is very late. It should have been available at first release of the P3D SDK... :blink:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The truth is, the new 64bit plugin is the most significant improvement to the Flight Simulator SDK for the last decade. We can now work faster, on more complex environments, without fear of performance loss or crashing.”

I just want to reiterate what has been said regarding this update to the Prepar3d SDK. Like others have said, this has absolutely no implications or meaning towards a 64bit Prepar3d. All this means is developers using 64bit 3ds Max can now author content for Prepar3d in a 64bit environment which has never been possible until now AFAIK. Now, if Prepar3d actually does one day get a 64bit overhaul, all these SDK tools will need to be completely rewritten.

Ok . I apologize and digress. 

It is still good news though.

I have to agree with Bill, these tools should have been made available at the get go. Better late than never i suppose.. I know.. so cliche.