Sign in to follow this  
Lawyer+Pilot

Release Dates Gone Wild - PFPX

I too bought TopCat and was greatly disappointed with the config files and lack of. The lack of Developer input only served to support it was quite a substantial waste of money.

I wandered over to the PFPX webpage hoping (with bated breath) to see some news about PFPX. Of course, nothing since the last 0.9.9.9.9.9.9... beta version.

That's not surprising at this point. What surprised me was what I found when I poked around their forum. A user posted suggesting that they update their website, as it has said that PFPX is "virtually finished" now for several months. Here is Philippe's response:

Why on earth are you waisting the bandwith and your time about a future release it s coming but not when you want.

we re still evaluationg the lastest beta version, the product is still alive but you wont get before it s working perfectly.

if you re not happy im pretty sure you ll find another to pee in a coffee mug of someone else but not here please.

Philippe.

What a douchebag. If I wasn't so anxious to get my hands on a comprehensive flight planning tool, I'd swear to never do business with FlightSimSoft. Alas...

I guess Philippe and FlightSimSoft have secured for themselves the ability to thumb their noses at our community. And they intend to take full advantage. What a shame indeed.

Someone tell me why I need PFPX? Is it the ultimate flight planning tool? 

Are there any alternatives? Right now just using the 'freeware' version of vroute.info; perhaps I need to step it up a notch to keep it as real world as possible...

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Someone tell me why I need PFPX? Is it the ultimate flight planning tool?

Are there any alternatives? Right now just using the 'freeware' version of vroute.info; perhaps I need to step it up a notch to keep it as real world as possible...

Simply churning out a route string on vroute isn't enough. Unfortunately, that's what many of us do. If we want a complete package, we have to supplement it with weather resports from AS2012; review some charts online; calculate our fuel burn, weight and balance and takeoff performance using one tool or another, etc., etc. That's just too much hoping around for my tastes. So, like many simmers, I just do the bare minimum and fudge the rest. PFPX will be (if they ever find the perfection they're looking for) a solution to this long standing problem.

From the comprehensive planning to the dispatch materials, PFPX is able to more closely replicate the real world commercial flight planning process. Take a look at some of the videos now available on Youtube.

we re still evaluationg the lastest beta version, the product is still alive but you wont get before it s working perfectly.

Ive said it before and now again. As long as they have this mentality of looking for perfection, this will never be released. There is no software on the face of the earth that can run perfectly in an imperfect world with imperfect people. It can run great, but looking for perfection in their own bubble, is a different story when released to thousands of different computers and scenarios. They seem to be more hell bent on marketing this to real world dispatchers the way this is going as the feature list is far beyond many flight simmers understandings. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Just confirmed by the Developer on VATSIM Germany forum: release in the last week of August 2013!

Shortly after Christmas they said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Except that this time, they actually had a meeting with Aerosoft this week and they agreed on a release date...time will tell.

Then hopefully some of the more knowledgeable people here will be able to say how accurate it really is before those with less knowledge, like me, fork out the cash. At the moment I am happy with the combination I have but an all-in-one would be more useful. 

Whatever.

They've blown through so many release time frames, what makes this one any different?

I'll believe it when it's sitting in my shopping cart on the Aerosoft online store.

I just wish there was a competitor to this product, because based on how they've basically spit in the faces of some potential customers already it makes me not want to buy from them.

FSBuild is getting old...

From their web-site today:

News

Admittedly, Christmas has passed a while ago and PFPX release date is still due.
The good news is that the documentation is now complete and has been delivered to our publisher and is just being reviewed.
With some more minor tasks to complete (installer, navigation database fixes, etc.) we are now expecting a release date between mid and end of August 2013

Yours sincerely,
Judith Blaschegg
Christian Grill

July, 17th 2013

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)