Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Extending length of GSX's boarding sounds?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to tweak GSX (eg...a cfg file somewhere?) so that the triggered boarding sounds, play longer? ........ they currently only play for about 10 seconds, but I'd like they playing for around 5 mins, while I'm doping my cockpit prep, FMC, etc.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance. :smile:

I am sure mine play for the whole duration Dave, normally the time the luggage loaders take to load the aircraft. I silenced mine though, as I found it to be too repetitive.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If you go through the menu on the menu bar there is an options thing where you can set the boarding and deboarding time per passenger, with times indicated for various numbers. Follow your nose through the options and you'll find it.

Mike

I'm pretty sure that my sounds last the whole baording process too, and I have never changed anything.

Mine does not either. I'll try to extend it through the options to sync with FS2Crew.

Thanks guys ....... I missed that ability to set boarding time per person on the menu, so I'll go ant take a look!

Cheers. :smile:

I also find it repetitive and wonder where the sound files are located so we might change, replace them with more realistic sounds of boarding? fisheye

GSX's vehicle sounds are pretty good but the cabin and pushback crew sounds are rather poor. On my to do list is to spend some time replacing them all with some cabin ambience sounds from YouTube and some custom made pushback voices. It's also a shame that they aren't region specific, as AES's voices (sort of) are.

Bob Scott did replacement Push Back sounds and are very good. Available in the Avsim Lib.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I also find it repetitive and wonder where the sound files are located so we might change, replace them with more realistic sounds of boarding? fisheye

The sounds are located in the following pathway : 

fsdreamteam - couatl - gsx - sounds

The folder 'fsdreamteam' being in your FSX installed folder.

Mine sounds like a cat or something. I hate the sounds and am looking to replace them all the same. I have 3 different passenger programs so I will post if I find a way of subbing or replacing them all together. All of them have features I like one isn't supported anymore, one is like running an airline and then one is all about acars with some annoying features that I am filtering through. FSCaptain is my favorite, would just like more features and less input from the user. But I can deal either way.  Cpt out.

What I've noticed is that within the gsx/sounds folder, the actual boarding ambience sound file is separate from the 3 "hello" files (that seem to trigger so repetitively).

So what I've just done (in a sound editing software I use, called 'REAPER') is make my own 'cut' of a 3 minutes boarding sound; that uses the core boarding sound from GSX, but I've mixed in the "hello" sounds at a reduced, more varied rate.

(I've then renamed the individual "hello" files, to stop them from triggering over the top).

It sounds 500% more realistic!

Unfortunately I cannot share the edit obviously, because the base files are from GSX.

You could do what I done with a free sound editor though; but you need multi-track capability, in order to add the "hello" sounds at your chosen interval; mixed with the boarding ambiance sound.

DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EULA's and trade laws sure makes this an interesting hobby. We need to be part Pilot, part engineer and a lawyer to boot. I say we just shoot the lawyers and end the problems. Just kidding I have close friends that are lawyers and it is funny to have a discussion of this sort with them. They all have an opinion and it is usually they think such issues are a wasted of the courts time. Thanks for trying now just make us a tutorial on you tube on how to do this. Maybe they won't notice that. Lol. Thanks again Cpt out.

It sounds 500% more realistic!

Unfortunately I cannot share the edit obviously, because the base files are from GSX.

By all means, share them...we don't have anything against that, as long is not made for profit (or included in another product).

Note that I'm referring to the GSX sounds only, so anyone shouldn't take this post as a general permission to redistribute/sharing any other file included in any of our products, unless a separate explicit permission is given.

By all means, share them...we don't have anything against that, as long is not made for profit (or included in another product).

Note that I'm referring to the GSX sounds only, so anyone shouldn't take this post as a general permission to redistribute/sharing any other file included in any of our products, unless a separate explicit permission is given.

Thanks - that's a really great, perspective-based decision ........... big respect!...... I wish more people would take a sensible, moderate view like this.

Thanks, as soon as I have finished off the Airbus X Extended Voice Pack work, I will package up the mod and release it to the AVSIM Library.  :smile: