Sign in to follow this  
MDF86

Zurich Scenery

I notice there are two payware Zurich airports. As I recently went to Zurich in real life I would like to add this airport to my sim.

Does anyone have any experience with either the FSDT or Aerosoft Zurich offerings?

I'm leaning towards FSDT as I'm thinking of getting GSX at some point and would expect the integration to be better in an FSDT product, but I'm not really sure.

Any tips appreciated!

I cannot speak for the Aerosoft version, but the FSDT version I have is excellent. Has AES support as well.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

We had recently a multiplayer session in which we landed at Zurich. I had the FSDT version and the other fellow the other Zurich. Afterwards we compared the screenshots and hnestly could not tell which one was nicer. Perhaps the Aerosoft version had a very few minor details more, that we could agree when comparing the fence facing the main terminal building... Aerosoft´s  is a newer. Flip a coin, that´s what I suggest.

Aerosoft package is more user friendly to install and activate, if that helps a little to decide.

I'd suggest to try the FSDT demo before making your decision. It allows you to get an impression of what to expect, both regarding the modelling quality (which I suspect is great) and the performance.

Thanks all, looks like you can't go wrong with either then!

Aerosoft one has some issues with DX10 enabled,showing black textures in the daytime.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/66521-mega-airport-zurich-in-fsx-lamps-problem/

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Have the FSDT version. It's a great scenery and I love it. The LOD changes are quite agressive though. You are quite close to the main terminal when it changes to the maximum detail LOD and you can't miss it. It could be tweaked a little more. No major drama though. I'd buy it again if I had the choice.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

There is a third Zurich too, ZurichLiveX.

http://www.zurichx.ch/index.php/en/

Tried the demo and really liked it. Good thing about this is the demo is time unlimited, so you can explore the whole scenery without restarting FSX every 5 mins.

FSDTs Zürich scenery has much better framerates than all of the aerosoft scenery I own. Plus you can use GEX full service as it is the same developer. And it has some unusual features, like de-icing trucks in winter...

LABOX4.jpg

Own both;  FSDT is the one to go for.   :good:

The LOD changes are quite agressive though.

That's an understatement! Is there any way of changing this within the airport scenery?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

the integration to be better in an FSDT product

No. It's the same everywhere.