Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

ORBX compatibility with payware airports

Interesting.  That certainly was not the case when I registered - though that was some time ago - and I've seen "Please be so kind as to include your order number..." responses fairly recently to unsigned requests for support.

Ah, well...

Scott

Hmmm...  Maybe a glitch with the account I set up, then.  Thanks, I'll look into it.

I have UK2000's EGLL, EGKK, EGCC and EGLC installed as well as Orbx FTX England.

If you install straight out without removing any bgl's you will find some 'doubled up' gates at the terminals and a few errant taxiway centrelines here and there. Just go into the Orbx FTX England scenery folder and move (delete/rename to a file extension that isn't bgl) all the bgl files that have EGLL (or whatever airport you are fixing) in the name.

Now the Orbx FTX England enhancements for EGLL won't clash (because theyre gone now). Then just make sure the UK2000 airport scenery is above the Orbx folders (so they are the 'top' layer). 

Now everything's fixed.

I can't answer everything, but I have almost all the UK2000 Extreme airports and haven't had any problems, and the "blending" with ORBX is amazing.

The only slight issue I had was with some double building at EGCC, but deleting one Orbx file fixed that, it took about 30 seconds!

I decided to register with Orbx to read the forums. I gave up when I discovered that created a You Tube/Google Account without my being made aware of it. That really is arrogant.

I gave up when I discovered that created a You Tube/Google Account without my being made aware of it. That really is arrogant.

For real :O Is that even legal for them to do? I am shocked, if this is true you have totally changed my view on Orbx... :angry:

I made a post on this in the Orbx forum and hoping they can explain wether is true or not and why. If it's true I'm gonna ask them to delete my Orbx account, remove me from google and will never be a Orbx customer ever again.

Edit: Got a reply from Orbx on the Google "issue"

"sorry to tell you that this belongs to the fairytails department, what a load of .............

we do not add anything to anybodies stuff why should we ?"           

Edit: Got a reply from Orbx on the Google "issue"

"sorry to tell you that this belongs to the fairytails department, what a load of .............

we do not add anything to anybodies stuff why should we ?"

The fact remains that having logged in I got a window saying I had a YouTube account with a 22 character ID with my email address and the same password I had just used for Orbx.

I've never previously had a YouTube account or even a Google Account, or indeed any other social media accounts. I had to search to find out how to close my YouTube account which was then I found a Google account had to been created which had to be closed to close the YouTube account.

EDIT I now can't access the Orbx forum

I decided to register with Orbx to read the forums. I gave up when I discovered that created a You Tube/Google Account without my being made aware of it. That really is arrogant.

This is TOTALLY wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pure nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!! Read about it on the ORBX foum, you do NOT even have to have an account to read the answer from ORBX!!!!

The fact remains that having logged in I got a window saying I had a YouTube account with a 22 character ID with my email address and the same password I had just used for Orbx.

I've never previously had a YouTube account or even a Google Account, or indeed any other social media accounts. I had to search to find out how to close my YouTube account which was then I found a Google account had to been created which had to be closed to close the YouTube account.

Have anyone else experienced this? Who is lying here? Sorry for all the questions but the more people that can confirm this the better, as it will raise your credibility. I really want to believe you but right now it's your word against Orbx... And if they do that, wouldn't it be illegal? And  can't we sue them for doing it?

Have anyone else experienced this? Who is lying here? Sorry for all the questions but the more people that can confirm this the better, as it will raise your credibility. I really want to believe you but right now it's your word against Orbx... And if they do that, wouldn't it be illegal? And  can't we sue them for doing it?

The only evidence I have is the attached extract from my e-mail inbox. I did not open either a YouTube or Google account in the 6 minutes between 11;42 and 11:46 this morning.

hmmmmmm :ph34r: Maybe they have linked the PRISM program to Orbx and a glitch happened in the Matrix :lol:  :ph34r:  :wacko: Could someone else who is not registered with Orbx try and register and see if the same happens so we can solve this mystery? :P

ORBX has links with Google, Facebook, and Twitter. Why else should Orbx put them on its sign-in window?

I was asked to relay this message from Jay Kae from Orbx to you:

"I would really like to know who said that and where so I can burst the little bubble, unlike many forums, I do not force anyone to create accounts anywhere but on the Orbx website, no external social media are needed to be able to simply register.

Oh never mind, it is an AVSIM user, I don't go there anymore, please just relay my message to him and if he has more problems or needs clarification on it to write me at admin@orbxsystems.com"           

Oh never mind, it is an AVSIM user, I don't go there anymore, please just relay my message to him and if he has more problems or needs clarification on it to write me at admin@orbxsystems.com"

Arrogance or what?

I have never bought an Orbx product and have no connection with whatsoever. I tried to register to check the correctness, or otherwise of conflicting statements in this thread. I can't read its forums because, as I said,  I get the message You do not have permission to view this forum. I'm certainly not prepared to waste more time writing to anyone at Orbx.

Yeah that maybe, but I just relayed it so you can see what their response was. The info you have brought up I find interesting and would really like to now if anyone else had this experience... What you do with that relay is entirely up to you..