Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

woodhick

Why the Slows?

I'm sure this doesn't belong in the FSX forum but dang if I know where to place it more properly.  I'm hopeful some moderator will move it to the proper location.

Since yesterday morning the Avsim forums have been loading with agonizing slowness to my computer--main page, individual forums, individual postings within the forums.  All take anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds to load, some I have simply given up waiting for.

All other forums I attend (and all other non-flight sim pages) load normally.   What gives??

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="woodhick" data-cid="2710209" data-time="1373283006">woodhick, on 08 Jul 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

t's fixed now

No, it sure is not!!!  It took me one full minute, not the usual few seconds to get here.

works fine 4 me, very fast as usual :lol:   it could be your area servers.

It's at normal speed for me, too!

I think this topic will be moved to "Hangar Chat" because people will think it's another FSX Slow FPS Topic :lol:

it could be your area servers.

Well, not sure about that since everything else I do runs and loads normally.  Glad it's not just me.

I think this topic will be moved to "Hangar Chat" because people will think it's another FSX Slow FPS Topic

That's funny, and probably too true  :lol:

Since the mayor upgrade with the new front page Avism has gotten painfully slow...

I found out that when I am not logged in on avsim that the speed is very slow but once logged in the speed is back to normal. Don't know maybe just a coincidence?

I honestly don't have any issues with Avsim, everything is fast and normal.  I pay $200 a month on internet and would be very :angry: if it was SLOW! :lol:

The forum is VERY slow every now and then. Sometimes I can't even access the forum. And that's on a good broadband connection when everything else works fine. It's definitely a problem with the forum software/servers. But hey, the forum is free so I ain't complaining.  ^_^

Since the mayor upgrade with the new front page Avism has gotten painfully slow...

+1

According to Chase Kreznor  at avsim 

its their severs that they are having problems with and he told me they were working on it.   I have had this problem for about a month. The library and other flightsim sites work ok.

I was about to post a similar thread as I'm having similar issues for the past week.

Still painfully slow at 3:15 pm EDT.  Reply notification still not working.

Since the mayor upgrade with the new front page Avism has gotten painfully slow

+1 I hate it when a supposed improvement simply isn't.  Oh well, we can but wait...wait...wait

I think this slowdown affects certain areas only because i'm still ok :good:

I think this slowdown affects certain areas only because i'm still ok :good:

Your lucky to be living on the right side of the pond.

I was about to post a similar thread as I'm having similar issues for the past week.

Yep, been about 1 week for me too, and I'm in the UK too same as Rockliffe...... However Woodhick is in the states, so "five-by-fives" regional server theory is unlikely.    I have no issue with other sites either.      As Jeroen said, sometimes over the last few days, I've been unable to get the home page to load at all.   I'm on a mega fast fibre optic bb connection.

But I'm sure the guys are working their best to resolve the problems   :good: 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

It's a lot better this afternoon (GMT).

Maybe someone tripped over a plug or a LAN cable?

Yep, been about 1 week for me too, and I'm in the UK too same as Rockliffe...... However Woodhick is in the states, so "five-by-fives" regional server theory is unlikely.    I have no issue with other sites either.      As Jeroen said, sometimes over the last few days, I've been unable to get the home page to load at all.   I'm on a mega fast fibre optic bb connection.

But I'm sure the guys are working their best to resolve the problems   :good: 

no USA, im in :canada-flag:  with Download speed up to 200 Mbps and upload speed up to 30 Mbps.