Sign in to follow this  
woodhick

Why the Slows?

I'm sure this doesn't belong in the FSX forum but dang if I know where to place it more properly.  I'm hopeful some moderator will move it to the proper location.

Since yesterday morning the Avsim forums have been loading with agonizing slowness to my computer--main page, individual forums, individual postings within the forums.  All take anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds to load, some I have simply given up waiting for.

All other forums I attend (and all other non-flight sim pages) load normally.   What gives??

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="woodhick" data-cid="2710209" data-time="1373283006">woodhick, on 08 Jul 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

t's fixed now

No, it sure is not!!!  It took me one full minute, not the usual few seconds to get here.

It's at dialup speed for me too. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

works fine 4 me, very fast as usual :lol:   it could be your area servers.

It's at normal speed for me, too!

I think this topic will be moved to "Hangar Chat" because people will think it's another FSX Slow FPS Topic :lol:

it could be your area servers.

Well, not sure about that since everything else I do runs and loads normally.  Glad it's not just me.

I think this topic will be moved to "Hangar Chat" because people will think it's another FSX Slow FPS Topic

That's funny, and probably too true  :lol:

Since the mayor upgrade with the new front page Avism has gotten painfully slow...

I found out that when I am not logged in on avsim that the speed is very slow but once logged in the speed is back to normal. Don't know maybe just a coincidence?

I honestly don't have any issues with Avsim, everything is fast and normal.  I pay $200 a month on internet and would be very :angry: if it was SLOW! :lol:

The forum is VERY slow every now and then. Sometimes I can't even access the forum. And that's on a good broadband connection when everything else works fine. It's definitely a problem with the forum software/servers. But hey, the forum is free so I ain't complaining.  ^_^

Since the mayor upgrade with the new front page Avism has gotten painfully slow...

+1

Ernest Pergrem