Sign in to follow this  
BFarney

Flight1 King Air B200

I'd recommend going to their simforums and asking there. I was told I was over analyzing the issue. I guess for $60 bucks I'd hope the TC could be coordinated and that I could make a standard rate turn.

This very well may be MY problem, but a few others have reported the same.

It's the only problem I've noted... The rest of the plane is excellent.

I'm having problems with the rudder, making a standard rate, coordinated turn also, but I'm assuming it is because I haven't gone through the manual yet and there is something that I'm not doing right.

Right now, if I try to make a standard rate turn the rudder seems to ignore my corrections.

ryanbatcund, on 13 Jul 2013 - 8:35 PM, said:

I'd recommend going to their simforums and asking there. I was told I was over analyzing the issue. I guess for $60 bucks I'd hope the TC could be coordinated and that I could make a standard rate turn.

This very well may be MY problem, but a few others have reported the same.

It's the only problem I've noted... The rest of the plane is excellent.

Assuming your flying skills are good enough to center a ball, do you think you're "over analyzing" it? B) What is there to overanalyze? You push the rudder into the turn, eventually all the way to the stops, and you still can't coordinate the turn. Do you have a problem with your rudder pedals on any other aircraft? I don't know obviously, but it almost sounds like somebody is blowing you off.

Don't know much about King Airs, but this rudder boost system that somebody mentioned above has to do with asymetric torque, like when an engine dies, and shouldn't be required to operate the rudder just to do a basic turn, is that correct?

No problem here, and if it is a problem for some I'm sure Flight1 and team will fix it!

Fantastic plane, been waiting for this one for a long time!

Cheers

Martin

That's what I'm saying, maybe there's just some config wrong with our hardware.  Most of the guys saying they have an issue is with Saitek pedals.  One guy had the Warthog hotas and pedals.  Only 5 people in my thread had the problem.... no one else has chimed in that they don't have it however (except the few people here).

In my very first post at their site I said it could be my hardware.  No one has offered up any suggestions so I've got no where to begin to try to fix it.  All seems calibrated normally and other planes work fine, especially their Citation Mustang - which coordinates turns perfectly and can fly standard rate turns.  I have very little rudder authority which makes me wonder if it is my setup as well.  You'd think a plane, with a big rudder surface area such as this king air, would be able to have some authority in the air. 

I thought it maybe a gauge issue but I actually timed a turn....  3 minutes instead of 2 (which isn't quite as bad as half std rate like I've said on their forums but it's not close to standard rate either).

If I just bummed around buzzing farms in Orbx Land I probably wouldn't even notice.  But last night on Pilot Edge, the controller asked if I was flying standard rate when he cleared me for ILS.  I answered yes (don't we always lol) but then later checked and I wasn't... I was turning much slower.  The majority of my flying is online so this stuff is important to me.  I hate comparing products but it should be working for $60.  Their own Mustang, $50, works excellent in this matter!  Other competitor king airs work excellent too for 1/3 less cost...

Am I nuts?  Maybe I'm just burnt out of FS....   :unsure:

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I hope Rob does not take the standard rate turn out of the 172SP they are making... Or at least provide two versions..one with stanard rate turns (This is so important for IFR Flying) and maybe another version for people who want to do spin all the time. :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I'm having problems with the rudder, making a standard rate, coordinated turn also, but I'm assuming it is because I haven't gone through the manual yet and there is something that I'm not doing right.

Right now, if I try to make a standard rate turn the rudder seems to ignore my corrections.

Thats unlikely as the Turn co coordinator does not need to be "turned on" , Actually I dont think any aircraft at all need this manipulated to get it working

And yes for $60 you would damn will expect it to be working and Im shocked that Ryan was brushed off like that. appalling!

ZORAN

Kurt, No other payware aircraft that I have, and I have most all of them, uses Shift+1 to access the main VC view. What would be the purpose in that? Sometimes it brings up a 2D main flightpanel (which I wouldn't want..yuk) or sometimes it brings up a configuration menu (which would be very nice for this aircraft), as in the case of Carenado. Never have I seen the key combination bring up the VC.

Pressing "A" is what brings up the VC, in most cases.

But if you say that Flight 1 set the Shift+1 to bring up the VC (!?)...so be it.

Then why, when I press this key combination, does all of my LCD screens go black? What does that have to do with bringing up a view?

You do not use SHIFT+1 to "access" the VC.  Note again that in the manual, there are only SHIFT+2 through SHIFT+5.  Nowhere does the manual say that you can or need to use SHIFT+1 to access the VC.  What I'm saying is that the view listing that comes up when you hit, say, SHIFT+7, is going to list the panel sections in order...since the first panel section is the VC, it shows up as "SHIFT+1" on that list, but you can't use it.  

For further support questions, please post in the B200 support forum at simforums.com.

Thats unlikely as the Turn co coordinator does not need to be "turned on" , Actually I dont think any aircraft at all need this manipulated to get it working

And yes for $60 you would damn will expect it to be working and Im shocked that Ryan was brushed off like that. appalling!

Ryan wasn't being brushed off.  He was mistaken.  It happens.  

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Ryan wasn't being brushed off.  He was mistaken.  It happens.  

Whoa, Yoda, what's he mistaken about?  I would like to know, because I'm considering purchasing this aircraft, and something like this would be a major concern for me.  Can you please clarify what is going on with it, for the sake of a potential customer?

Ok I just checked and by golly wadda ya know, can't do a coordinated turn. I use Saitek Cessna pedals, and all my other addon ac are fine (Realair, Carenado, A2A, Ant's, Baytower, PMDG, Twotter, and the Flight1 T182T) I'm sure they'll get it fixed in a patch. For me its going back mainly cause of performance issues (my NGX gets better frames and smoothness)

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Ryan wasn't being brushed off. He was mistaken. It happens.

Huh? the issue remains for me. Perhaps you were thinking of the NAV knob not working (which was my own screw up).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ok I just checked and by golly wadda ya know, can't do a coordinated turn. I use Saitek Cessna pedals, and all my other addon ac are fine (Realair, Carenado, A2A, Ant's, Baytower, PMDG, Twotter, and the Flight1 T182T) I'm sure they'll get it fixed in a patch. For me its going back mainly cause of performance issues (my NGX gets better frames and smoothness)

I'm getting good frames with it. I'm not complaining.  I love the aircraft.  For the most part it flies good.  I'm still having a little problem with getting a coordinated turn, but when I turned on the "rudder boost", it seemed to help some.

Also, I found the configuration interface for the aircraft under the addon menu.  So I'm happy with that.

I still don't understand why my displays shut off when I select Shift+1, but it's not a problem either.

I'm getting good frames with it. I'm not complaining.  I love the aircraft.  For the most part it flies good.  I'm still having a little problem with getting a coordinated turn, but when I turned on the "rudder boost", it seemed to help some.

Also, I found the configuration interface for the aircraft under the addon menu.  So I'm happy with that.

I still don't understand why my displays shut off when I select Shift+1, but it's not a problem either.

I thought Rudder Boost system should only be concerned with thrust asymetry, so if they've made it such that normal turning behavior is contingent upon it, that sounds a little strange to me that this would be helping.  Can somebody explain this Rudder Boost system a bit?

Just my 2 cents...

Standard rate turns through the use of either type of instrument in MSFS (*)  is something that is possible in just a few aircraft. There are various sources of problems, but I decided to forget about it long ago, just as I did regarding the total inaccuracy of FSX in modeling a reciprocating (aspirated) engine, where the relation of Prop RPM to MP, and the FF are completely out of sync with reality. Not even the best add-ons can get away from it in MSFS! (**)

Pick your preferred GA single or twin and a watch with the seconds being displayed and time your supposedly 2' (depending on aircraft, the faster bigger can be calibrated for 4' std rate turns...) standard rate turns. You'll soon find out that on some models it'll take you a lot more than 2', while on others a lot less :-/

Those that are designed to allow for "realistic" sideslips will also show you a very irrealistic need to input rudder for turn coordination (the amount of rudder input...) This is so ridiculous that on a recent thread at the A2A forums I asked Scott to give us a decent turn coordinator for their upcoming SkyHawk, and he acknowledged the need to program such an instrument for it :-)

I do not own the F1 B200, so, I can't tell how much of the effect used for proper sideslips / rudder booster modeling  is designed into it's FDM, thus causing the weird effects like requiring a LOT of rudder to coordinate a turn (unless the yaw damper is turned on as it should soon after takeoff), as well as failing to perform a std rate turn in near 2', but I am almost sure it has to do with this limitation of MSFS.

Another one, probably stemming from the fact that this turboprop uses the underlying turbine model of MSFS to some extent may well be the fact that you see FF varying as you make modifications to your prop RPM in flight. It shouldn't by the inherent characteristics of a free-running turbine!

And... might you be tempted to think that I'm showing this "negative" aspects of MSFS just because I also post at the competition forum :-), I have to say that the same applies to X-Plane10  - poor std rate turns (although not so bad as in MSFS, and in it's case due to very poor graphical quality / accuracy of the instruments) and the irrealistic response of FF to Prop RPM variations in free-running turbines like the one used in a Kingair... There is yet one thing that X-Plane does aLOT better - modelling a reciprocating / aspirated engine in as far as MP vs prop RPM and FF goes...

(*)  Two base models, one with the turn bar and 2' marks and the other with the "little aircraft". In RL they're "implemented" using considerably different mechanical solutions... Read HERE - always great reading in this "See How it Flies..."

(**) I'm referring to the fact that prop aircraft in MSFS show the FF rising (as if it was the EGT) as you lean their engines. This is almost unnoticeable at sea level, but as soon as you fly higher than, say, 4000 feet you'll see it happening and at higher altitudes it screams INACCURACY!!! at you....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

How are the FPS on this compared to say the F1 T182 with the G1000 glass?

FPS are better. I think by removing some clickspots ( and maybe some other work) they made it more efficient.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |