Sign in to follow this  
BFarney

Flight1 King Air B200

If Prepar3d eventually becomes the next main platform I'm pretty sure Flight 1 has to revisit their policies at some point if they don't want to go out of business. 

I guess we just got to wait and see how things go.

Do we really know much about the future of P3D though? A lot of people SAY a lot but nothing's really happening.

If say XP10 has a brighter future at the moment.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I cant say i understand this whole P3D vs FSX debate. Right now P3D is for all intents and purposes, identical to FSX. Yes maybe a little less tweaking is involved but a properly tuned PC and a properly set up FSX will run just as well and just as smooth with P3D. Otherwise PMDG wouldnt be getting anywhere and they dont support P3D as a entertainment product either. When P3D v2 comes out with DX11 then maybe devs should reconsider but until then, FSX = P3D.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

LM is a defense contractor... not a gaming company... Eventually they will enforce their stance that P3D is not an entertainment product and pull the availability rug out from under most people...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Do we really know much about the future of P3D though? A lot of people SAY a lot but nothing's really happening.

Exactly my thoughts.  It seems that a lot of people are buying P3D not for the improvements already delivered over FSX but because a lot of people are pretty sure that LM is going to deliver them.  Don't know how many times I have read  "...but just wait until the next delivery then we will see what a great platform P3D is."  That's one of the differences between the business strategy of a defense contractor and a commercial product company.  The latter has to sell what it already has developed, the former likes to get the government to pay them to develop a promised future system.  Flightsim payware companies also will pursue different business models, and one can certainly understand Flight1's reluctance to spend a lot of time/money to develop for a market place that has been promised now for a few years but it's always just over the horizon.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

C'mon guys!  Let's NOT turn this into another P3D EULA thread, PLEASE!

This has been cussed and discussed to death.  You all know which side of the discussion you're on.  Companies like Orbx, Flight1 and PMDG have made business decisions and let us know where they stand.  Now we as consumers make our decisions.

Move on, please I BEG you.

Scott

Scott it's difficult to move on if we're unsure what P3D will bring to the table. But I agree this is the F1 King Air thread.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ive been waiting for this but not sure it will drive me to reinstall FSX.

For a lot of people P3d runs better and more CONSITANTLY then fsx...ive never had a CTD with P3d.

But back on topic...man it looks good

Will it try to correctly model a free-running turbine like the PT-6?

Will FF not vary when Prop RPM gets adjusted?

Will beta range work as supposed?

Will we ever get one of those for DCS World?

What about XPX

or... even better!!!! MS FLIGHT!!!!

:-))))

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Wonder why the FMS app is only for Android?

Hope they bring an iOS version out soon!!

I have said this before but here we go again. I love Flight1 and what they do product wise, but to be preaching about the license terms of P3D when almost every other comapny supports P3D is just nonsense.

The ONLY reason F1 will not support P3D IMHO is to protect their own commercial interests with F1 Tech. Why would you risk allowing personal use of addons in the P3D / ESP code that you have been selling for hugely inflated prices to commercial customers? If there is no real way of knowing who is installing the addons for what purpose, you risk allowing commercial use of personal addons.

I would have more respect for F1 if they just came out and said so rather than hiding behind questionable statements over who can and cannot legally use P3D. LM are happy to sell it to us, orbx and many other addon devs are fine with it, so you can only question F1's motives and logically come to the conclusion I outlined above (or something very similar).

The B200 looks very good though and Im not surprised. Im just not sure I can support a company that clearly has no plans to support an upcoming platform which will benefit the community as a whole, especially when V2.0 arrives.

Jim Rhoads actually has said unequivocally that he makes a distinction between an entertainment product (Flight1 products) and a trainer (F1 Tech), and he's been saying it for years in this and other forums. Selling "full-featured" versions of software with larger price tags is a standard industry practice. Take Photoshop as an example. Many of us have the "personal use" version that cost, what, $60? If ALL the features are important to you, the full-featured version is available for a much higher price.

You are absolutely right when you say that Flight1 is protecting their business interests. The simple truth about small business is that every decision a company makes involves risk management. (Heck, that's true of big business, too.) Most individuals can get away with violating a EULA, but a company, even a small one? The penalties can be very high if the grantor of the license decides to sue. The market for MSFS GA addons is already very small, and like it or not, the P3D personal use market isn't big enough yet to offset the risk of potential litigation.

Jim's a pretty savvy businessman, though, and it's probably a safe bet that if the market shifts in the direction of P3D, Flight1 will go with it.

To get back on topic, the Flight1 King Air is one of a handful of what I'd call "robust GA simulations", and if you have room for anything in your FSX hangar, this one is well worth consideration.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Scott it's difficult to move on if we're unsure what P3D will bring to the table. But I agree this is the F1 King Air thread.

Ryan, I think you misunderstand what I mean.  We all make our decisions based on the information we have, and we'd almost always like to have more.  But the debate relative to P3D has been done to death and derails good threads on more productive topics only to go in the same endless circle making and re-making the same arguments.

People know what Flight1's stance is - there's nothing new there.  This is a thread about a new Flight1 product for FSX.  I'd sure like to see it stay that way, and I'd be surprised if I was the only one.  Not my call, just my request... suggestion...

Scott

Will it try to correctly model a free-running turbine like the PT-6?

Will FF not vary when Prop RPM gets adjusted?

Will beta range work as supposed?

Yes, it models the PT6A-52 as correctly as possible.

No, fuel flow DOES change when you adjust prop RPM.

Yes, beta range works as it should.

Wonder why the FMS app is only for Android?

Hope they bring an iOS version out soon!!

Because it's easier to develop for Android. The extra administrative burden associated with iOS is pretty substantial. Still, I wouldn't rule out an iOS version in the future.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Well, I'll be snapping this one up as soon as she comes up for sale...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Still, I wouldn't rule out an iOS version in the future.

Crossing my fingers, while also hoping that a possible IOS app for something rather simple (all things considered) would allow for compatibility with all iPads, not just the latest and greatest.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.