Sign in to follow this  
Arismac

Good news from LM

I really wish that P3D v2 will become some kind of FS11. But i still have my doubts. I know the problems MSFS had/has and now for me P3D is just another service pack for FSX.

One concern is that LM bought ESP while MS already had ESP II in line and is much more advanced. I don`t think that a new FS with backwards compability will give us enough enhancements. I know one thing for sure about software- if you use up to date technology it will not be backwards compatible. So it can`t be that advanced over FSX/P3D v1.4 when they are talking about about backwards compatibilty. I fear that it will become just an enhanced FSX, like v1.4 today.

What facts about P3D are officially released until now (features), are there any pictures or videos released related to v2.0?

I found none and i fear that i will be disappointed when they release some.

I really wish that P3D v2 will become some kind of FS11. But i still have my doubts. I know the problems MSFS had/has and now for me P3D is just another service pack for FSX.

One concern is that LM bought ESP while MS already had ESP II in line and is much more advanced. I don`t think that a new FS with backwards compability will give us enough enhancements. I know one thing for sure about software- if you use up to date technology it will not be backwards compatible. So it can`t be that advanced over FSX/P3D v1.4 when they are talking about about backwards compatibilty. I fear that it will become just an enhanced FSX, like v1.4 today.

What facts about P3D are officially released until now (features), are there any pictures or videos released related to v2.0?

I found none and i fear that i will be disappointed when they release some.

+1

Take Flight for example, does it look better compare to FSX in some aspect,...yes...does it run better....yes...well... put back what they took away like car, boat traffic, AI, and more and you will see some pretty good hit on your FPS, add the rest of the world and....you know.

How long did MS work on Flight with a room full of developers to get it out and about...two years +, and that was a trimmed FSX renamed and repackaged with some fixed bugs, same old engine.

Can LM improve FSX....sure....they can fix some bugs, the can retuned it to be less CPU bond and channel more work to the GPU (DX10 preview), will it be FS11...far from that, if they want to built FS11 from FSX they need to be ready to spit out some serious cash on developers, strip FSX to the bone and rebuilt a lot of the engine from ground zero, even MS did not do that with Flight.

This is a good news for fsx users, sure. But maybe it's time to change and start a new era for our hobby.

A P3D 2.0 completely new from scratch could bypass all Fsx bugs, run smoother and deliver news features, such as sloped runways, cloud shadows, rain effect and so on.

I hope at least that 2.0 could be DX11 and 64 bit.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

This is a good news for fsx users, sure. But maybe it's time to change and start a new era for our hobby.

A P3D 2.0 completely new from scratch could bypass all Fsx bugs, run smoother and deliver news features, such as sloped runways, cloud shadows, rain effect and so on.

nono.gif

When they mentioned being rather occupied decifering some files from the late 70s, I believe they were referring to the original SIM1.DLL, where, for instance and among other parameters, rolling and sideways friction coefficients are set.

Then they also talked about a remake of Autogen, probably something in the line of what was done for MS FLIGHT, shaders, etc...

Add to that also some modiification, say, to weather effects, and P3D v2, being DX11 will already be worth the investment for many.

What alternatives are there? X-Plane, and FSX. X-Plane has future, but still a long way to walk until it can offer the same broad universe of features and add-ons that FSX has. P3D v2 could be a good alternative, specially if supported by those that having developed for FSX can get a good software dev kit to port their models to the new version.

Everything is in open right now...

(BTW: Sim of the week is ELITE v8.6.... just got the upgrade :-) , and DCS World, of course...Most recently uninstalled FSX and X-Plane10... Never uninstalled: ELITE and DCS World... )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Take Flight for example, does it look better compare to FSX in some aspect,...yes...does it run better....yes...well... put back what they took away like car, boat traffic, AI, and more and you will see some pretty good hit on your FPS, add the rest of the world and....you know.

Flight runs better on higher settings with denser autogen and higher detail objects than FSX does, even with all AI turned off. The engine is all around better optimized. And adding the whole world does not affect performance whatsoever. The engine loads the detail for what is nearby.

Brandon Filer

Like another topic I started, I do believe P3D V2.0 will be our new flight sim platform for the furture. 

Regards

Lamar Wright

+1

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

V2 is expected to be DX11 as they have talked about it. 64 bit is a long term thing and highly unlikely to be 64bit especially since they talk about most addons are expected to be compatible with V2. 64bit is probably at least a few years away as it is such a monumental task to tackle the old fsx code unless they have some miraculous programmers.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

It doesn´t matter how one slices it. Any new version of P3D (aka FSX, be it a overhaul or "just" a service pack) is good news. At least in my book.

Anything that gets around the CPU-Bound problem is great in my book.

Let the gfx card do its job.

Blackrat

Anything that gets around the CPU-Bound problem is great in my book.

Let the gfx card do its job.

I perfectly agree with you!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I have seen more activity on the Dark Side of the Moon, with apology's to Pink Floyd.