Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

Beechcraft B60 Turbine Duke - VC texture update

Fantastic news Robert! Really look forward to this!

-Iain Watson-

Best news all night! :wub:   The FS9 Scout was the first payware plane to make me really go 'I am there!' and a long time favorite of mine. Very glad to see there is a chance she will make a comeback with all the new goodies....and possibly the 260 as well?...oh my I think my FS future has been made.

Whatever works best for you guys and keep up the awesome work! B) 

Cheers
TJ

Has the update list been moved / deleted?  It was there this morning?

-Iain Watson-

Hi Rob,

Great news about the update.

Will it also include the ability to use the mouse wheel for switches similar to the Turbine?

Regards,
Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

Unfortunately not. This is much more than a bug fix. It is a major upgrade and took a lot of time we should have perhaps spent elsewhere (hint hint).

The 172!  :shok: Nooooooooooooo!!!

(Any chance of including that in this bone-throwing exercise?) :smile:

Hello Robet,

This is very good news, indeed. I have been flying the piston Duke for a while, tried other planes, but came back to your aircraft. I find it spectacular, easy, responsive, fun to fly, and the RPX integration just makes it my favorite twin engine for my IFR flights.

I am an IVAO member, and I am enjoying flying all the different procedures on line with the Duke. So, thank you for a great product, and of course, I will look forward to the upgrades, you are a good developer, and your customer support is top notch. Take care,

Enrico :wink:

Thanks Tom and Stephen for allowing me to list some of the upgrades in the pipeline for the Piston Duke:

* Multiplayer flooding eliminated...giving glitch free m/p connection

* Textures and panels load much quicker when returning from spot view and optimised for an improved frame rate

* Panel and texture improvements plus more livery and panel variations

* Custom sound set and animations up to Legacy standards, including:

1. User customisable airframe vibrations

2. Airframe reactions to flight and ground handling

3. Flap vibration and failure when too fast

4. Gear up and down clunks and vibration

5. All switches have sounds

* Improved start up and shut down animations on props with sound sync to engine compression

* Will now do accurate rate one turn but still with full side slip capability (Note: Response to customer feedback!)

* Improved stall, buffet and spin

* Click Spot removal option for Track IR users

* Improved Engine Sounds

* Optional grass suspension or harder tarmac suspension and accompanying sounds

* Screws surrounding gauges (!!)

* Custom Landing Lights up to Legacy standards

* FSX Carb Heat Bug fixed

* Turn co-ordinator improved

* Gauge needle vibrations when appropriate

* Improved exterior glass and reflections

* Armrest sounds

* Improved exterior shadows

* Open Door Wind and Turbine Sounds

* Improved Gauges and size adjustment

* Dirt and smudges on gauges (optional)

* Improved RXP integration (option for 2xGNS530 and 2XGNS 430 simultaneously)

* More complex generator load modelling

* Improved Landing gear texturing and 3d modelling

* Side Slip wind response

* Brake Squeeks

* User selectable ADF "dip"

* Overspeed flutter on ailerons, yoke vibration and airframe stress on overspeed

* 3d lights

* Yoke moves with trim commands and trim surfaces react to given speed

* 3d blurred props (not a flat plain when viewed from the side)

* New Spinner models

* General flight model refinements

There might be more but these are the upgrades I can remember for now. So Sean might chime in with anything I forgot.

Best WIshes,

Rob - RealAir Simulations

Looking forward to it. My modest request after all that would be a placard. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Whow!

This is too good to be true!!!! Even that std rate turn fixed!!! Thx Rob!

I just re-installed P3D a few days ago, to test a new weather injector, then the FSUIPC ground friction LUA script, and finally the mighty ORBX FTX Global, and of course the Piston Duke was one of my re-installs too :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Is it fair to say the Turbine will get this treatment too?  Just a wish, I still fly pre-patch due to the touchdown thump.

-Iain Watson-

This is fantastic news!

I've always been in the minority of simmers in that I find the Turbine Duke dull, uninspiring, overpowered and just not a lot of fun to fly....(I don't mean anything about RealAirs rendition - it's perfect! - I just mean the plane itself sends me to sleep)............ but I absolutely LOVE the Piston Duke; it's my favourite ever twin in FS, and I've clocked up about 300+ hours in it.

So fantastic to hear the Piston Duke will get an update;  I will gladly pay for it.

Hi Rob,

Great news about the update.

Will it also include the ability to use the mouse wheel for switches similar to the Turbine?

Regards,

Serge

Hi Serge,

I will check on that.

Rob

This is fantastic news!

I've always been in the minority of simmers in that I find the Turbine Duke dull, uninspiring, overpowered and just not a lot of fun to fly....(I don't mean anything about RealAirs rendition - it's perfect! - I just mean the plane itself sends me to sleep)............ but I absolutely LOVE the Piston Duke; it's my favourite ever twin in FS, and I've clocked up about 300+ hours in it.

So fantastic to hear the Piston Duke will get an update;  I will gladly pay for it.

I have similar affection for the piston. Apart from its sluggish take off when fully loaded, I always thought the Duke was the perfect twin and a lot more attractive than more contemporary aircraft which, though more efficient, are to me somewhat soulless. I'm not a great fan of glass gauges on GA aircraft either. You can't beat a live needle on a round background!

Regarding the Scout/SF260 etc, I expect we will get around to a makeover at some point, but it won't be tomorrow or next week.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

That's ok, Rob.

I'm happy to wait until September :He He:

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

This is absolutely fantastic.  I so love it when developers revisit a plane that was already excellent and bring it up to the current standards.  I can't wait.

Just one request, and it's probably too late, but:

Do you think you could provide an option to integrate the Reality XP Weather Radar?  Only one plane natively supports that, the PMDG J-41, but I've always wanted to stick it in the Dukes.

We do have some requests for Weather radar, but they are tiny in number compared to requests for even better RXP GNS integration. I think weather might be an option for the future as a retrofit but for now we are sticking to the listed upgrades. You can of course currently install any 3rd party gauge you choose but it will be a 2d pop up without 3d integration unless you have panel edit skills and software.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Looking forward to it. My modest request after all that would be a placard. 

You mean like;

"This placard is in memory of..."

:Nail Biting:

You mean like;

"This placard is in memory of..."

:Nail Biting:

"...the last person who exceeded the gear extension speed."  LOL

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM