Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FTX-Global....Fantastic!

I also just did a test flight around KSEA and Im seeing absolutely no frame rate change after the install of global. Other than the lights,  global doesn't add much to the KSEA area as MS did a pretty descent job of that area as it where, but frames did stay the same.

They aren't supporting X-plane because the market is tiny compared to FSX. Simple as that.

XPlane is very well known though and were ORBX to produce this in native 64 bit that's all it would take combined perhaps w/ PMDG or other to jump in.  Face it:  FSX's core engine is OLD, inefficient, doesn't exploit modern hardware as well as a modern engine could, and so forth.  I think what ORBX should be really thinking about, and I hope they are, is creating the new simulator engine.  They might have the depth to pull if off, and have the expertise to design the scenery already.  If P3D goes 64bit & DX11 then there will be some more service life in the FSX line.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I think the title of the OP is disappointing.

Sesquashtoo, if you're using night lights from UTX, turn them off.

Actually, I'm not.  I just placed all my landclass UTX notations in the library before anything ORBX.  I'll reboot and see what happens...

I think the title of the OP is disappointing.

...creative play on worlds, lol.  Sorry if it caused you dismay... ;)

Nope, next time very costly. SP

I also just did a test flight around KSEA and Im seeing absolutely no frame rate change after the install of global. Other than the lights,  global doesn't add much to the KSEA area as MS did a pretty descent job of that area as it where, but frames did stay the same.

Before I post off and boot the system. I run everything to the max on graphic sliders. Water included. Do you also?  I wonder if what your settings in FSX are, will cause you loss of FPS, or not...

Actually, I'm not.  I just placed all my landclass UTX notations in the library before anything ORBX.  I'll reboot and see what happens...

...creative play on worlds, lol.  Sorry if it caused you dismay... ;)

Before I post off and boot the system. I run everything to the max on graphic sliders. Water included. Do you also?  I wonder if what your settings in FSX are, will cause you loss of FPS, or not...

I don't run water max (never saw the point and 2xLow looks good and performs so well). Everything else is max.

I never un-installed GEX, before I ran the wrapper. I didn't think you had to, as those textures would have been saved, and then overwritten, right? Do you need to totally remove GEX?

I don't run water max (never saw the point and 2xLow looks good and performs so well). Everything else is max.

I run water at max, because I really like the mountains reflecting in the lakes, as well as islands....

If you don't mind will you go make a test flight in a semi-heavy area and then compare FPS when you install global?

They aren't jumping on board because Xplane is too full of holes in regards to features to attract the larger audience and it's in constant beta. LR isn't very forthcoming and filling said holes either. But I digress, I don't need to turn this into an Xplane argument.

Something has to be wrong or conflicting on your system.

Even if you loaded up a full fledged FTX region vs. default you wouldn't see near that kind of hit. Much less what Global is, being just replacement textures at the same resolution.

Right, I don't take that loss when running a regional.  Like I said, all I did was run the wrapper. It did it's thing...I went to Central and picked GLOBAL and set to hybrid and light vector. I ran FSX...and was met with 11-16 FPS looking out the cockpit.... :(

Hooray!  Hooray!   We are back at 28-29 FPS!  HOOOOOOOOOOOORAY!

I went into my scenic library and found that some UT files (landclass UTX) had been rewritten BELOW anything ORBX, Global or regional. I spent the time to bring everything up before any ORBX product, and then rebooted, did a fast defrag, and fired up my FBO.  I'm now back to pre-Global Install....29 FPS!

This is a large, 'whew...!'

Now, I can explore and enjoy.....coffee in one hand, the yoke in the other...

Post Edit: now that my FPS problem is solved, just came back once more to tell everybody to run to get this. My Michigan is just stunning....wow...oh, wow....

Orbx, you did your magic once more....and please....give thought to XPX,...what a great thing you could achieve on that platform in 64 bit.  Give it serious thought.....with thanks.

Mitch

So Mitch, how did the reboot go. Lol

LOL!  Thank goodness....I was bumming out.... LOL!

I'm hooked...and am running north up to Mackinac Island from KFNT at 1,800 feet, and Plate, it is so believable now.  ORBX GLOBAL v1 is a wonderful product!  I can't wait for the updates and landclass for it...   Now, to go downstairs and get another cup of coffee!

Guys, Test for other countries too except USA and Europe!

Let us know!

1y329d.jpg

I'm in flight at night, at 1,800 feet...new night lighting is very XPX'ish..and they were so right.  ORBX stated that you wouldn't lose 1 FPS...and they were right.  I have eye-popping viewscape going up I-75, and am running at a full 29.9 FPS!!!!!!   Daytime is also at my pre-install 29.9 FPS.  I have to say, that after my initial 'post-install burp'....ORBX Global doesn't  shave an FPS off of your system. But what does it look like?  

GEX is a good product, but in my 1 hours of use...ORBX GLOBAL has made FSX world-wide, grown up. 

OK...no more posts. I'll let others chirp in...good, bad, or indifferent.  Oh..one more note...UTX highways are much cleaner and more refined running with GLOBAL.  Interstate I-75 never looked so good, day or night, and so easy to VFR off of....

Goodnight all,

A happy GLOBAL customer.

How much disk will this thing take?

They're saying 8GB or so, but it's best if you have 10GB free on your FSX drive.

What are the basic central FSX files (besides textures and annotations) that Global edits or replaces?

What are the basic central FSX files (besides textures and annotations) that Global edits or replaces?

You can back these up onto an external drive if you have one.

This product has made FSX feel like nearly a new sim. It's great.  

USA looks good, Europe looks good, and the border of FTX England and Global Wales blends reasonably well. Slight colour difference and there were clear differences between the FTX landclass and default.

China Looks 100 times better, and Japan looked much more believable than default.

I thought I would go somewhere remote, so loaded up in iceland and at this moment was completely blown away and felt my $100 were well spent.  It was amazing. the colours, autogen, everything made it look and feel like iceland. based only off seeing it in images and videos.