Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

beta notes: You don't have time to fly longhaul? think again!

On Oceanic crossings you can ask controllers for time acceleration and they will sometimes permit 2X or 4X if airspace is free. If Oceanic Control is offline(which they are most of the time) there should not be any problems with time acc.

Is it still a longhaul flight if you do a 10h flight in 2h? The whole feeling of long haul is gone. The whole feeling of success after landing (like: "YES!! I did it man!")is gone. I don't get the point, honestly.. :wacko:

The point is most people dont have time to sit at their computers flying a plane for 6 or 7 hours, but they still want to fly the routes that the real aeroplane flies, the 777 is a long haul aircraft so people want to fly those routes, for them its ideal, the point that PMDG has made the 777 capable of flying reliably at those accellerated sim times is why everyone is excited. And don't forget its optional, you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

Why does everyone try to force their own idea of what is real or not onto everyone else?  This is an option.  If you think it's not real and detracts from your immersion/experience of it all, then don't use it!  It's not forced on you as has been said many, many times now in this thread.  It's there for people like me, who have at best 3-4 hours of non-interrupted time but may still have interest in flying a real 777 route of 10 or more hours.

We all have our opinions on things and different perceptions on probably every aspect of life.  But, just because your perception of reality is one way, doesn't mean it is or should be for everyone else.

PMDG is opening up a wider market for them to appeal to by doing this breakthrough.  I wasn't thinking I'd be buying this, even though it is PMDG and I absolutely LOVE their products, solely because I can't devote the time to flying a real 10+ hour flight.  Now, I am sure I will be getting it.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Why does everyone try to force their own idea of what is real or not onto everyone else?  This is an option.  If you think it's not real and detracts from your immersion/experience of it all, then don't use it!  It's not forced on you as has been said many, many times now in this thread.  It's there for people like me, who have at best 3-4 hours of non-interrupted time but may still have interest in flying a real 777 route of 10 or more hours.

We all have our opinions on things and different perceptions on probably every aspect of life.  But, just because your perception of reality is one way, doesn't mean it is or should be for everyone else.

PMDG is opening up a wider market for them to appeal to by doing this breakthrough.  I wasn't thinking I'd be buying this, even though it is PMDG and I absolutely LOVE their products, solely because I can't devote the time to flying a real 10+ hour flight.  Now, I am sure I will be getting it.

Did I force my idea to anyone?

Did I force my idea to anyone?

Who said he was talking specifically to you?

I'd also argue that leveling off at cruise and letting the autopilot fly the airplane for 10 hours, even keeping it at 1x, isn't accomplishing anything more than turning on the autopilot and time accelerating; so I don't realize where you are getting off trying to make it seem like having the autopilot fly for 10 hours is a real accomplishment over those people that choose to use time acceleration.

It's quite amazing to hear peoples views of being 'realistic' when we are all talking about flight simulation, and what people try to justify to themselves of what is realistic and what is not.

It's quite amazing to hear peoples views of being 'realistic' when we are all talking about flight simulation, and what people try to justify to themselves of what is realistic and what is not.

This.

I am truly excited about this optional feature, thanks PMDG for thinking about us old folks who can't sit in a chair longer than 2 hours ;-)

This feature will surely get a lot of use from me! Kudos for implementing this, this feature might also just save my marriage.........

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Who on earth is still going to have sex when the T7 is out?????   :blink:  :lol:  :ph34r:

This just in to the newsroom:

The birthrate has suddenly plunged in nearly every country.  Early reports suggest this is somehow tied to the PMDG company and their release of the 777 aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator.  We'll have a report from Germany with one citizen there (video cuts to a Mr Oliver Martens "flying the pants off" a 777) and get his thoughts on why he, or should we say his girlfriend, ain't getting any anymore.

We'll have much more on our 11pm newscast... :p0805:

doslogo_zps543870d7.jpg

Chris Sunseri

This just in to the newsroom:

The birthrate has suddenly plunged in nearly every country.  Early reports suggest this is somehow tied to the PMDG company and their release of the 777 aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator.  We'll have a report from Germany with one citizen there (video cuts to a Mr Oliver Martens "flying the pants off" a 777) and get his thoughts on why he, or should we say his girlfriend, ain't getting any anymore.

We'll have much more on our 11pm newscast... :p0805:

Thanks a lot, Chris, for "improving" (as in "ruining") my street cred!!!   :lol:

You can always count on me Ollie =@

And I sure hope RSR doesn't run for President because we need him at PMDG!

Chris Sunseri

I think people who have serious work and family will never have time to fly realtime longhauls... so its a nice option for me. GOOD WORK PMDG...

Marcus Popp

A lot of fliers really enjoy the flight planning and preparation for long haul so more time for that as well. There seems to be an assumption that its hit the TOC and pull the trigger but thats not the case at all.

For me even though I have unlimited time it means I can fly until the boredom becomes just to much and that could end being just 20 % @ 8 x

ZORAN

Is it still a longhaul flight if you do a 10h flight in 2h? The whole feeling of long haul is gone. The whole feeling of success after landing (like: "YES!! I did it man!")is gone. I don't get the point, honestly.. :wacko:

maybe if you read at least some of the previous posts you would get the point.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

My 6 month old new born baby girl approves of this excellent feature!

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU