Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

beta notes: You don't have time to fly longhaul? think again!

A question to long haul flyers: What do you do when you take off and have 12 hours left in your flight?

Do housework, watch TV, do normal daily routines and check every hour or so on how the flight is doing. It's rather fun! ^_^

I fly @ x1. To those that use time acceleration, why not just go into the World menu in FSX and move your aircraft to where you want it to be on the Map? Isn't it achieving the same thing?

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Does, after i right click on the chrono, the acceleration start automatically or do i have to manually accelerate time via FSX top menu?

And is it possible to alter the max amount of acceleration? Some weather engines do not like time acceleration :)

Dominik,

As JR said, it's fully automatic.

I've used it on all my flights so far, and have been starting it as soon as I get to TOC (I think you can start it earlier, just haven't tried). So I get to TOC, right click the chrono button, and the auto time compression system takes over. It does whatever magic PMDG have programmed behind the scenes, and if it detects things are stable, you'll see the red FSX time compression information show, starting at 2x and progressing to 4x, 8x, and finally 16x if you have it set that high. It's not instantaneous, there's a bit of pause between each jump (Not the whole sim, just the auto compression) while I'm guessing the system is checking to make sure things are still stable, but after a few seconds you'll get up to whatever max you have set which can be 2x, 4x, 8x, or 16x. That can be changed in the auto cruise options page.

Any other questions, just ask. I'm loving this feature, and I've always been one who has flown things in real time.

image.jpg

Dominik,

As JR said, it's fully automatic.

I've used it on all my flights so far, and have been starting it as soon as I get to TOC (I think you can start it earlier, just haven't tried). So I get to TOC, right click the chrono button, and the auto time compression system takes over. It does whatever magic PMDG have programmed behind the scenes, and if it detects things are stable, you'll see the red FSX time compression information show, starting at 2x and progressing to 4x, 8x, and finally 16x if you have it set that high. It's not instantaneous, there's a bit of pause between each jump (Not the whole sim, just the auto compression) while I'm guessing the system is checking to make sure things are still stable, but after a few seconds you'll get up to whatever max you have set which can be 2x, 4x, 8x, or 16x. That can be changed in the auto cruise options page.

Any other questions, just ask. I'm loving this feature, and I've always been one who has flown things in real time.

image.jpg

Thanks for the explanation! I am relieved that one can change the time compression manually, i feared that i had no option to manually choose the max amount of time acceleration. 

Very neat feature, cleverly implemented and very very useful for people like me who would like to do mid- to long hauls but have not enough time.

Thanks Mike and enjoy the beta phase!

That is one really awesome feature! :biggrin:

I think this 777 is really gonna be the ultimately very very very best FSX aircraft of all times! B)

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Mind ... blown.

Thank you, PMDG, for considering those of us who don't have much more than 1.5 hours to do our simming! I will definitely be flying long haul flights now--something I've never done before because of the time investment.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

A question to long haul flyers: What do you do when you take off and have 12 hours left in your flight?

Study, it's how I got into long-hauls in the first place (and how I justify it)  :lol:

The time compression sounds awesome, tho I think i'll still do most of my long hauls overnight.  I like to fly with system time set to real time so I like to have the real time match weather updates.   ie for me 12PM at a desert airport shouldn't be showing 12AM type temps :) 

I also really enjoy the idea of departing one continent, going to bed, wake up and land on another continent.

Great to see there is an Auto-step feature, especially for those overnight long hauls.  I take it this 777 will handle FSX's crazy windshear better even in regular 1x time mode.   

With the MD-11 I have to usually turn off winds aloft during cruise if I plan on going to bed and use the auto-step feature because some crazy FS windshear will trip the speed/alt holds.  

I feel dirty using time acceleration like I just cheated on the wife.

Question about this feature: how does it handle 3rd party wx? Please tell me no "s" turns!

Thanks for your time.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Amazing feature considering that I think that any flight with more than an hour of cruising is a long flight. I have a question, though. If we have service based failures on, and we get a failure during cruise, will the time compression automatically reduce to 1x?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

This is brilliant marketing. This opens up maybe 30% more people to buying this as they usually dont do long hauls. 

For those its against the law to time accelerate, no problem. YOU are the Captain. You have a virtual  FO. He can fly when your away. Look at the front window. Theres an FO there. Problem solved. :)

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I feel dirty using time acceleration like I just cheated on the wife.

sounds like you've done both?

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX