Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Beta Video

Unbelievable. Did you watch the video? This is new dimension of laziness. Kyle put so much effort to present us almost all FMC features and you are lazy enough to not watch, and insolent enough to ask.

u-mad1.jpg

Unbelievable. Did you watch the video? This is new dimension of laziness. Kyle put so much effort to present us almost all FMC features and you are lazy enough to not watch, and insolent enough to ask.

Well, of course I watched it... Actually I'm half way through, I'll continue it tomorrow. Its awesome. I was just curious, no reason to be mad, man.

Excellent upload I must say, "company 13". B)

I just landed with my PMDG Lufthansa Cargo MD-11F and it obviously feels outdated. By a margin! (at least if can fly raw data VOR using the AP  :lol:   )

Keep it up!

Best regards,

Nick

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I have to admit my attention did drift somewhat after about 90 minutes but still a very nice preview. I did think about some comments but they're not actually related to the aircraft but more other (ATC related) stuff around it so I'll just leave it there and say thanks :)

In order to satisfy my promise to go over a few display items, it begins with some showing of the Aerologic 777F. After that, though, I really wanted to show everyone the flight deck powerup, which is really cool. From there, I just take it from KIAD-KORD on a normal (full, non-accelerated) flight, and during that time, run you through all of the company/sim options, most of the CDU pages, and a tour around the flight deck. I don't think I left too much unturned, and even managed to throw in a few tips/tricks/hints.

Thanks Kyle! Excellent video.

Really enjoyed that Kyle,

Thanks very much.

I dont nitpick at anyone who is on a beta, I just soak up whats coming our way, with Big thanks to all the tester's involved.

Regards

Guss. :england-flag:

Now why did I expect you to be British?!  :lol: Awesome work Kyle! Watched it all. I kept picturing everything you said in words on a topic somewhere  :P

Good question. I haven't really messed with the pax version doors at all.

And I don't blame anyone for not listening to me ramble for 2:37, regardless of the availability of 720p...haha.

I'm always amazed people watch my long videos too. I always thought the highly edited 15 minute long ones would be more popular than an entirely unedited 2+ hour video.

Turns out simmers on youtube comment more on a 2 hour video of a PMDG cockpit than a 15 minute one of external/internal video with impressive angles, editing and such, at least according to stats!

I'll take a look at this one once I can. sounds like a good one.

I'm always amazed people watch my long videos too. I always thought the highly edited 15 minute long ones would be more popular than an entirely unedited 2+ hour video.

Turns out simmers on youtube comment more on a 2 hour video of a PMDG cockpit than a 15 minute one of external/internal video with impressive angles, editing and such, at least according to stats!

Simple reason could be that simmers watch video's to learn something. No editing skills required. I can't watch other people just fly the planes without me learning something. I'll rather fly myself.

I'll take a look at this one once I can. sounds like a good one.

That's because flashy editing is nothing without solid content, which most of YouTube lacks. Doesn't matter how good you are with <insert video editing suite here> if the content is crap.

Note that I'm *NOT* saying the content of your videos are rubbish as I have never seen them, but you get the point. :)

I prefer the videos that are from the flight deck and completely devoid of music or anything that obliterates the content - that is the cockpit environment, audio, etc...

People rave about "high definition" video, but they forget that sound actually tells you a lot more than what you can see. Try watching TV muted, vs. watching TV with your back to the picture. You'll get more info with your back to the picture than you will with it muted. ;)

Best regards,

Robin.

That's because flashy editing is nothing without solid content, which most of YouTube lacks. Doesn't matter how good you are with <insert video editing suite here> if the content is crap.

Note that I'm *NOT* saying the content of your videos are rubbish as I have never seen them, but you get the point. :)

I prefer the videos that are from the flight deck and completely devoid of music or anything that obliterates the content - that is the cockpit environment, audio, etc...

People rave about "high definition" video, but they forget that sound actually tells you a lot more than what you can see. Try watching TV muted, vs. watching TV with your back to the picture. You'll get more info with your back to the picture than you will with it muted. ;)

Best regards,

Robin.

This video took about 50 hours of editing to do, and although it got lots of views due to being featured on the Vatsim homepage for a while, for the first few weeks it was up it barely got any comments.

This video on the other hand had no editing done whatsoever. I literally pressed record, started talking and flying, and pressed stop at the end, then uploaded to youtube after converting the file format & compressing to 720p. It still gets comments weekly.

I like comments, but the edited video feels more like I actually did some work to make it. In my brain the edited video 'should' be worth more, but youtube seems to value both the same, and in some cases, the unedited stuff gets a better reception off the bat.

I guess it's a more 'honest' look at what the actual experience of using the software is like. Kinda like those video game 'play through' videos rather than a promo with pre-rendered video and replays with fancy camera viewpoint placing software.

Maybe people are using it to learn how to operate the software (seeing is easier than reading sometimes).

That said, seeing a nicely rendered 737NGX external model flying past the screen over great Orbx scenery, engine noise, music, colour correction, some effects etc still makes me happy :P

"Just" pressing record and then talking feels like it's cheating. Especially when it racks up a few hundred views and 10+ comments in 2 days, while the thing that took 50 hours to make just sits there getting neglected lol.