Sign in to follow this  
marc_aviator

Update for the MD11

I am new to the forum, so i dont know if this has been asked already. This question is directed to PMDG: are there any plans to update the MD11 to include the flap fairing extensions, and possible re-model it with the same technic as the NGX, triple7, and soon to be V2 747.

I am new to the forum, so i dont know if this has been asked already. This question is directed to PMDG: are there any plans to update the MD11 to include the flap fairing extensions, and possible re-model it with the same technic as the NGX, triple7, and soon to be V2 747.

Unfortunately not. Go to the MD11 forum and scroll down. There is at least 2 or 3 threads discussing this passionately. Or just search.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I think we should just be happy with what PMDG produces, there are no real problems with it, so we should just let it be.

so i dont know if this has been asked already

It has been and the answer is no. There is a long thread in the PMDG General Forum about this subject.Try a search the next time.

Per forum rules you need to sign you full name to posts. Read about it in forum rules.

Michael Cubine

thanks for the replys. I didnt relize that i wasn't signed in with my full name. still learning my way around the forum. And dont get me wrong i am very happy with all PMDG product, they are all i fly, i thought they might include the flap fairings upgrade do to the real life counter-part  having this upgrade.

I also would love an update to the MD-11. It's a shame it won't happen, because PMDG did announce that the aircraft did not sell well.

Apparently in the years the MD-11 has been available for purchase, it sold less copies than the 737NGX sold in a week or 2.

Not because it's not good, it seems... it is afterall probably still the best widebody long range airliner we have (777 isn't out yet)... but people don't like buying things they don't personally see at their home airports. I'm not sure if that means the MD11 sold well in Amsterdam and Memphis :P but there you have it.

The MD-11 is very nice to fly. Most of the systems work as they should, with only a small niggle here and there imo. Yes the NGX has better looking textures, but there's other addons with worse. MD11 works great, flies brilliantly, and looks fine enough.

I personally think the PMDG MD-11 does not need any update.

Adding HD textures etc would only degrade performance for a lot of people, and it's currently super smooth with fantastic frames (meaning we can use it in complex airports, and weather).

Somethings are just perfect as they are - and the PMDG MD11 is one of them.    I sooooo much prefer this to the NGX. I just find it far more interesting and the sounds, visuals and flight handling characteristics are beautiful.

I always found it somewhat ironic to hear how little it sold; aside from the NGX, it seems like perhaps their most reputable product, by word of mouth around the forums at least.

nameforavsim_zps06a82147.jpg

I own the PMDG MD-11 for FS9 but have for the last six months of flying the NGX in FSX been really missing it, I think I will do a full purchase of the MD-11 in the morn, not sure if theres a discount or not for existing FS users but I will go ahead and pay for the hole thing just to show my interest in this aircraft and for extra funds for PMDG to utilise in upcoming products as there planes are the backbone of my favourite hobby.

+1 for an update.

They don't need to do a complete overhaul however, it's already very good and definitely belongs to be on the shelf together with the NGX and 777.

But we could at least get a SP2, because here and there, there are things that need to be improved or fixed:

- Stability issues, occasionally messing with the FMS causes a CTD

- Occasionally dots form on the scratchpad of the FMS in VC mode only (only when undocked in 2D)
- Better looking VC textures, no re-model required

- New engine sounds. The cockpit sounds are top notch, but the engine sounds could use an overhaul

- Just a few more fixes here and there

It might not have sold well before the NGX, however with the NGX PMDG gained loads of fans so I'm sure it would start to sell better again as soon as a SP2 is released. 

I personally think the PMDG MD-11 does not need any update.

Adding HD textures etc would only degrade performance for a lot of people, and it's currently super smooth with fantastic frames (meaning we can use it in complex airports, and weather).

Somethings are just perfect as they are - and the PMDG MD11 is one of them.    I sooooo much prefer this to the NGX. I just find it far more interesting and the sounds, visuals and flight handling characteristics are beautiful.

Totally agree!

One question - at release I bought the combo version so I have it for FS9 as well as FSX. However, I've mainly used FSX for low and slow flying while FS9 is my VATSIM sim so I've never felt the need to install it into FSX too. But is there any very apparent differences between the FSX and FS9-verison? I recall Tabs saying FSX allows for better ambient lighting but apart from that?

Edit: oh, and sorry for posting questions in another posters thread. Didn't see the need for a new thread for this simple question though.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

The only update that the md-11 needs is some reflection at the virtual cockpit windows, to look like real glass. Is not a hard work and the improvement would be awesome.