Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

A2A Accu-Sim Cessna 172 may be out "within the week"

I hope is SP2 compatible (No Acceleration here)

from the manual:

NOTE: while the A2A Accu-Sim C172 Trainer may work

with SP1 or earlier, many of the features may not work

correctly, if at all. We cannot attest to the accuracy of

the flight model or aircraft systems under such conditions,

as it was built using the SP2 SDK. Only Service

Pack 2 is required. The Acceleration expansion pack is

fully supported but is NOT REQUIRED.

This should put all other developers on notice of what kind of realism is required in order to get people to buy their stuff.  I have purchased airplanes that seem just above the default.  It looks like this offering will be the standard for price and features that at least I will base all future purchasing decisions on. 

nah, I'm gonna buy this plane, I fully expect to enjoy the hell out of it, but to say that nobody else should release anything unless it's accusim quality is just silly elitism.  you're under no compulsion to purchase any of them, but I expect there will still be a variety of medium detail aircraft in the 20-30 dollar range, and I, among many, many simmers will be in line to buy them.  A2A is doing pretty well, I imagine,  so is Carenado.  

Agreed.  There's plenty of people who just want Carenado looks.  I presume Carenado is doing pretty well - they've got 35 (yes!!) products that fly in FSX.  18 of which fly in P3D, and 17 which are ported to XP10 - quite impressive.

That's more than any developer I can think of.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Really like the manual. Really nicely laid out, and very informative without being a replication of thousands of real world pages. I haven't been flying much lately, but this is starting to suck me in.

- Aaron

well its monday my time

lol release time?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

from the manual:

NOTE: while the A2A Accu-Sim C172 Trainer may work

with SP1 or earlier, many of the features may not work

correctly, if at all. We cannot attest to the accuracy of

the flight model or aircraft systems under such conditions,

as it was built using the SP2 SDK. Only Service

Pack 2 is required. The Acceleration expansion pack is

fully supported but is NOT REQUIRED.

Thanks! I didn't download the manual as yet.

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

When will the release candidate give the green signal -_- ? :Four Leaf Clover: :Four Leaf Clover: :Four Leaf Clover:

1y329d.jpg

I aksed earlier but nobody answered.  Can we have multiple planes going together at the same time, maintenance records linked to n numbers?  Still want to have one plane be well maintained and at least one be in a state of neglect, and having different avionics choices be persistent in them would be nice too.

Any constant speed prop planned?
I was initially a sure customer but after just watching the vids and seeing fixed pitch props I'm now couldn't really care about it. Call me picky but I demand a lot for my money.

I think you'd have to get a Cutlass if you want a constant speed prop, this one is a Skyhawk. I think it's a brilliant idea to offer both the R and S type props, so  that you can decide between either a high cruise speed or short takeoff roll + good climb performance. Pick one for cross country and the other for short strip short trip bush stuff. Heck, if you want to fake a constant speed for now, you could simply change it once you reach cruise altitude.

I for one will probably go for the R prop most of the time since I've flown in one of those and have a buddy who's a CFI on one (cost price lessons anyone? :P )

They simulate standard 172S or R depending on the prop you choose to install, so I guess you'll have to move on and wait for that other full systems 172 coming out.. oh wait, there isn't one  :P

Any constant speed prop planned?

I was initially a sure customer but after just watching the vids and seeing fixed pitch props I'm now couldn't really care about it. Call me picky but I demand a lot for my money.

Constant speed prop - in a 172R (or SP for that matter)..... ?

You've got the wrong plane mate.

The only 172 with a constant speed prop is the 172RG Cutlass, which (as the new A2A manual tells us), is not technically a 172, as it has a C175 type certificate).

OKAY! It's Monday, it's my birthday, and we're baking cakes for my son and me. WHERE IS MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT???

I'm calm, I'm calm, I'm clam, I'm clammy, I'm almost sweating... (breathe in, breathe out....)