Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

A2A Cessna 172 now available

Other "soul" planes to me are definitely the RA Legacy, Aerosoft Katana, and A2A Civ Mustang.

Anyone have any issues with APR mode? I haven't had time to test myself but my friend says his turned 90 degrees to try to join the localizer, then S turned down most of final.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I almost wonder if this plane won't suffer from some of what Orbx has with FTXG - expectations based at least somewhat on things that the product really isn't.

At the end of the day, this is a 172, one of the most stable and docile training aircraft made, so it should be much, MUCH easier to fly than, say, a Legacy, because it is in real life.  And let's not forget that the Legacy itself is a very well made simulation of what it represents.  If the Legacy were easier to fly, either RealAir, A2A or both would have to have badly misrepresented their models. :-)

What will make or break the plane for me will be subtle things, things that will, for example, require paying attention to details that you might have glossed over a bit on other planes.  It's those subtle things - things that give a plane individual personality - that I'm hoping A2A gets as close as possible.

Scott

I'll hold out on the 172 for now. Hope the chaps at A2A would consider a 182(inc. a T model) at some point.

The speed thing gets me too hehe... But I put the faster 180 hp engine in with all the speed mods and it will do 125-130 KTAS at high power settings now. 2 miles / min is my cut off for addons hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Anyone have any issues with APR mode?

I have seen this, plus just general weirdness with the AP when trying follow VORS, its like the heading mode was still engaged as the plane would follow the bug even though the AP was on NAV and should have only been aware of the radio signal - I hadn't had this kind of behavior before out this AP modeled in other aircraft, but didn't really know if I was doing something wrong or not, since it wouldn't be the first time my previous "real world" flying experience let me down  :P

@J van E:

Published performance data is usually at MGTW, on a standard day (15C 29.92" @ sea-level)..

And lightly wing-loaded trainers fluctuate from published data, quite bit..

A 180hp (172S), will climb like crazy with 50% fuel, and just the pilot, on a cool, fall day... I've reached pattern-altitude not much past the departure end of a 5000' runway..

... and fully loaded, on a warm summer day, not reach pattern-altitude until a mile or two, on course.

The realism aspect that really grabs me (among many), is the manner in which it's "easy" to fly.. meaning, a C172 will pretty much fly itself, if you don't ask it something odd.. lol

On a cooperative day (weather-wise), you can take a C172 up.. trim it for 70kias, and then fly touch-n-go, over and over, never touching the yoke.. just throttle and rudder. Sure it's a bit sloppy, but I've done it.

There's a difference between easy, and not difficult :)

Maybe landing was a bit harder (although I kept on floating above the runway even at 45 kts while the manual said you should land with a speed of 62 which seems way too fast to me.)

There has been some discussion over on the official A2A support forum about how the plane seems to float forever in what would be the "ground-effect" at crazy low speeds, and how the nose won't come down from a flair without physically pushing the nose over - as I have seen this as well, I have modified my approaches to land almost "flat" for now - really greasing it in as it were...

I have seen this, plus just general weirdness with the AP when trying follow VORS, its like the heading mode was still engaged as the plane would follow the bug even though the AP was on NAV and should have only been aware of the radio signal - I hadn't had this kind of behavior before out this AP modeled in other aircraft, but didn't really know if I was doing something wrong or not, since it wouldn't be the first time my previous "real world" flying experience let me down  :P

I think I need to put "It's not a bug, it's a feature" into my signature :P

Or in other words: it's not a Heading Bug bug. 

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

Mmmm, very disappoointed to be getting constant problems with clickspots completely disappearing.  :wacko:

Load FSX, start flight, click spots work for around 1 minute, at which point every click spot disappears and I'm unable to do anything.  Changing views, going to window mode and back to full screen, and cycling through exterior / interor views does not resolve the problem, and neither does reloading the plane, nor loading the default C172 then back to this one. :(

.... I had to close and restart my FSX twice to get the clickspots back, and on both occasions, they were gone again within 1 minute.

Thus, my A2A 172 is now in the maintenance hangar (and unfortunately not the one that comes with accu-sim!).

I use TrackIR and OpusFSX Cameras, so perhaps it's related to them.   I'm also on ATI GPU.

Don't have any issues with disappearing clickspots with any other aircraft, so definitely a 'local' problem with the A2A C172....

Unfortunately because of all the functions, this is a heavily dependent mouse click plane, so losing all clickspots is a killer....... :(

Unfortunately because of all the functions, this is a heavily dependent mouse click plane, so losing all clickspots is a killer.......

Yeah, its been pretty frustrating as I have been flying a fair amount of AP based  ATC routes, so constantly having the VC go "dead" when trying to follow the ATC instructions does make me a bit crazy (nothing new there though :lol: ) - sometimes they come back, sometimes as you say, I have to bail out of FSX completely - over at the A2A forums, folks were referencing both PMDG and Flight1 offerings as having had this problem in the past, but this is the first time I have experienced it...

I think I need to put "It's not a bug, it's a feature" into my signature

Yeah, I thought maybe this was just acting differently than what I seen before in other planes based on good reasons, I just didn't know what they were yet :unsure:

Not to put words in Jeroen's mouth but I think by "feel" he was referring to the way the airplane physically handles in the air during normal operation.

Correct. ^_^

I just finished reading the entire manual from A to Z and I also received some good and complete answers on various questions I had on the A2A forum and all that has given me a much better view on this addon. I was indeed looking at and focusing on some things that aren't the heart of it all. Now I have a far better understanding of it all and I can't wait to get going again tomorrow! (To fully enjoy something it helps if you know what there is to enjoy, at least certainly in this case. ^_^ )

Well first flight done...and I am not enjoying it.

VC is not clickable at all...ever.

Flight dynamics, not as I remember them, I thought this was a relaxing, dosile aircraft, I nearly done a loop when I put a little back pressure on the stick to takeoff. 

For fun, I done some steep turns, 70kts, low rpm, 360 deg turn in sub 10 secs, seems to have the same roll rate and vicious pitch rate no matter what the speed is. The aircraft is so twitchy and hyper, exactly what a basic trainer shouldn´t be.

Anyone else have similar issue or can point to what I am doing wrong?

-Iain Watson-

Yes it's very sensitive on the elevators, don't know if it should be this way or not. But Scott A2A said it's how the real plane behave so I just have to believe him as I have no real world expirience. Maybe others who have flown the real thing could comment on that.?

It's funny though, I have RC Scalemodel of this plane, and this scalemodel is just as sensitive on the elevators as the A2A plane..

Well first flight done...and I am not enjoying it.

VC is not clickable at all...ever.

This is a major bug that some of us are getting (I am getting it real bad;  I too lose all VC clickspots within seconds of being in the VC on the ground).....

But to be honest, more people who are experiencing it need to go and sign up on the A2A forum like I did and make some noise about it.... Although A2A have reassured us they are looking at it, I am not convinced anough people are reporting it there       - so that they get to see the scale of the problem.

I am confident the guys will fix this      - I hope so as it is an absolute showstopper for those of us getting it. :(

I had decided to purchase this several days ago, but I've heard enough complaints since yesterday to delay buying.  It's disappointing, in that EZdok, RXP 530 integration, ground dynamics and VC click spots are all having issues reported.  Maybe she'll be ready for me by Christmas?