Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

"Don't worry, we'll let you know..."

So I check this forum daily. Yesterday, still no news on the release.

Woke up this morning, checked the forum, all hell had broken loose and I'm like: "Well, that escalated quickly..."  :LMAO:

Looked for some thread by RSR like "03SEP13; 777X will release today", but nope, couldn't find it.

I thought you would let us know?! :BIG GRIN:

Still, gotta wait until the weekend to buy this beauty. :BIG GRIN: 

Went to have a bath... came back and the damn thing is released, dropped my blanket and ran around the room nude with excitement.

Doing it by "surprise" within the timeframe given was our attempt to stop server meltdowns - obviously didn't work though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Doing it by "surprise" within the timeframe given was our attempt to stop server meltdowns - obviously didn't work though

Nope!!! but thankfully I was one of the lucky ones that had no major problems with links etc ,took a little while and a quick panic when I couldnt find the activation key but got it up and running last night. love it so far.

Just going through the pages of manuals now.

Pete Little

It was a nice surprise, and i was lucky to get it quickly  ^_^

Went to have a bath... came back and the damn thing is released, dropped my blanket and ran around the room nude with excitement.

The 777 release was going so well until I read your post.  TMI !!!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

If anyone was patient and sensible, they would've waited till the next morning and purchase the add-on and download it within your expectations like I did. Everything was as smooth as you could possibly need when ordering something. 

Now I've followed the tutorial part of the package and flew the Male-Dubai flight. I must say, for a long time user of B744, I didn't find it at all difficult to the new surroundings. The FMC process was fairly straightforward as so was the handling of her taxiing and flying although I did find it difficult landing her as I'm used to being really high up in the 744 and the 777 cockpit is lower. That can be rectified soon once I get more experience done. 

My score of the 777? 10000/10. It really has exceeded everyone's expectations and I'm sure it did to the staff team too. I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the successful launch of the 777 and the development too. It is truly a fantastic product to own and I'm sure everyone will at some stage buy it whether it'll be tomorrow or next year, they are bound to be blown out of their minds.

Thanks all!

Jamie

And what did the sales staff in the Bathroom Department say about that ? Did you get thrown out ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If anyone was patient and sensible, they would've waited till the next morning and purchase the add-on and download it within your expectations like I did. Everything was as smooth as you could possibly need when ordering something. 

I remembered the fiasco that ensued with the NGX release, and told myself, never again.  What is another day, or a few hours wait?  Why get worked up during the server mayhem any reasonable person knew was going to occur.   I finished my last flight, at least for the near future, in the NGX and downloaded at 2:50AM local time.  Order and download when off without a hitch, and I was and I'm still taking my own damn time carefully preparing the sim and reading the intro manual.  I am in no rush to fly my first proper flight, I intend to savor each moment and really take in the visual beauty of the airframe, VC, and livery and get to know the ins and outs of the aircraft's instruments and switches.  As I grow accustomed to the differences between this bird and the NGX I have flown exclusively for the past 2 years, all my past training in the PMDG 747, MD-11, NGX, and the LevelD 767 is being put to use!   I will have fun attempting to take the 777 from a gate at Terminal 5 at EGLL on a circuit flight at FL250 flying the Dover SID and LAM3A STAR just by utilizing the knowledge I have acquired on previous Boeings, without opening the official Boeing 777 manuals.   I love the Boeing cockpit philosophy and how it's so easy to transfer between different types!

Doing it by "surprise" within the timeframe given was our attempt to stop server meltdowns - obviously didn't work though.

Haha, thousands of people posted on the VATSIM Facebook group page about the release... There's like 8,000 members there. 

Funny thing is, something similar happened to me. I was doing work, then I got my phone, went on PMDG's site, then browsed around looking for any signs of release. None. So, I went to the shop looking for that $165 million dollar one just so I could read the description one more time, and when I clicked on it, the price changed to what it is now. Right on time.

Lol. I yelled to the poor at controller online on efhk radar: OMG, THE PMDG 777 IS RELEASED! GOT TO GO!... Had I only I only known I would use 45 minutes to get it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4