Sign in to follow this  
FishermanIvan

Kai Tak IGS 13 approach?

I tried bringing in the SID/STAR file from the NGX, but it's not recognized by the 777 FMC.  Gives me a "RWY 13 NOT IN DATABASE" or something like that...

Any ideas?

Thanks. Will give it a try, too

• Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Many Thanks for this one! As a flying member of the HKAC in the 80's this is a real memory jerk.

13 - TH - CH - GOLF - SL - IGS 13 - RW in a 172 (VR HKA) on Sunday mornings at 6:00am.

Chris Stanley VTCC

I've now recorded 22 (on my 23rd) IGS13 approaches with the PMDG T7.  Simply a stunning combination with Fly Tampa Kai Tak

THANK YOU PMDG (and Flytampa of course)

• Upvote 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

The charts I've been using look like they were dragged through the streets of Kowloon and then rinsed in Kowloon harbor.

But they are the best!

Best regards,

Robin.

Is it possible to perform a Cat III Auto land procedure on RW 13 in the PMDG T7?

Chris Camp

I Imagine it would be a real challenge to fly the approach manually in the T7?

Chris Camp

Is it possible to perform a Cat III Auto land procedure on RW 13 in the PMDG T7?

How would you. It's not even an actual ILS. That approach is known as an IGS. Somewhere down the line, you have to bank a right turn to head towards the runway, so no autopilot would help here as far as I'm aware.

I Imagine it would be a real challenge to fly the approach manually in the T7?

Probably a challenge in any jet, really.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

The ILS Localizer and Glide-slope antennae are on a hill roughly where the Chequerboard is/was.

If you left it in Cat III Auto-land you will 'land' on the hill. (and then fall into the area behind the hill before hitting the cliff face beyond).

There was a video (VHS) I used to have (might still do) with a Cathay Pacific 747-400 flying the approach. It was preceded by the captain in the Simulator explaining the procedure and "Pausing" at various points.

Basically it was LNAV/VNAV to an IGS intercept, then the Autopilot would capture Localizer/Glideslope. At some point they would go manual control, and then at the minimums, pop into the right hand turn flare and land.

A random google search finds www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHvqAjOkZaw and

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jElEJp1KGOY