Sign in to follow this  
IUBrian

I can't pull the trigger on the T7...

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Yep, I understand the drive to purchase add-ons.  For me, though, the 777 is my fav airliner and have been waiting on it for years.

spacer.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 identical posts, hmmm ... either Tapatalk isn't working or you have a phone virus ;)

So I'm committing myself to learning it inside and out, and adding to my experience, starting by purchasing FS2Crew

Wouldn't getting FS2Crew mean you are NOT learning the experience?  Don't get me wrong, FS2Crew is a great product but it's job is to help the single user do the job of 3 ... or did I get that wrong?

Yeah, multiple posts - it's the app. I think it's the first time I've started a topic, didn't realize it was posting when it said it wasn't - DOH!

Yes, FS2Crew does assist, but that's arguably more reflective of the actual experience. I've flown the NGX enough that I can go from cold and dark to ready to take off in 5 to 10 minutes, and have of programmed my controls to perform most functions, but I thought it would be interesting to interact with a virtual co-pilot, and I plan to purchase the Emergency add-on and simulate failures to my heart's content after I familiarize myself with the emergency procedures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Wouldn't getting FS2Crew mean you are NOT learning the experience? Don't get me wrong, FS2Crew is a great product but it's job is to help the single user do the job of 3 ... or did I get that wrong?

+1

FS2Crew is an instant crutch--an enabler of inproficiency. Nowhere is this more obvious than with the AoA training. The beautiful flows that AoA spent so much time preparing are useless when your FS2Crew handyman tests/configures all of the systems for you. You just sit back push a few buttons, initialize the FMC and off you go.

Of course, I do realize that the NGX and 777 are two-pilot aircraft. FS2Crew does a fantastic job of simulating that environment. But I personally don't think you should bother with it until you know the systems and procedures inside and out. Unfortunately, most of us can't resist the temptation to jump onboard the second FS2Crew titles are released.

I'm in the same situation. First time I havent bought a PMDG aircraft on day of release for a while. I havent flown the MD11 nor spent much time with the JS41. The NGX I haven't scratched the surface of.

As good as the 777 appears to be I'm not sure I will ever get it. It also puts me off with the reported level of automation.

enjoy the NGX for a while, I bought the 777 and it's just another Boeing.  I keep going back to the NGX, the 777 is just too auto and boring for me.  I spend like 70% flying the 737 and the other 30% on the 777.  I guarantee you that financially the NGX will be ahead of the 777 in profits down the road or runway :lol:

Well, it probably won't be too long before the pilot is replaced w/ 100% automation. Welcome to the future

Look... everyone here is right.

But pull the dang trigger already and get it!!

I love my 737, no doubt about it,  but when I pulled the trigger on the T7, I did not know that it would also update my 737 FMC. So I had to go and retrieve and update my charts to 2013. Now I have more work to do on the 737...

The T7 is a great plane to learn the ins and outs of, I still fly my 737 regularly... just wait till the 747 V2 breaks loose.... 

I am going to pull the trigger again.... and still stay loyal to the 737.

Rodney E. Jacobs

The 777's a beaut, just get it and be done

I agree the 777 is truly incredible, but it is really automated to the point that the NGX is funner to start up and prepare for flight.   

I agree

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Hi,

If you want a good foundation in regards to the ins and outs of the PMDG-737 aircraft and are not into reading manuals. Your best bet is Angle of Attack for the PMDG 737 aircraft.

JMO, nothing against FS2Crew... AoA videos will give you a good solid foundation, something to build on, FS2Crew is more flight deck support.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Of course, I do realize that the NGX and 777 are two-pilot aircraft. FS2Crew does a fantastic job of simulating that environment. But I personally don't think you should bother with it until you know the systems and procedures inside and out. Unfortunately, most of us can't resist the temptation to jump onboard the second FS2Crew titles are released.

I agree, even though I'm a huge fan of FS2crew and appreciate the help on the flightdeck, I do feel that it can be used as a crutch and that some folks won't learn about the complete aircraft.  Sometimes I wonder what I would do without FS2crew.   Just like people wonder how the world existed before the internet, and lately, before the smartphone, I remind myself that life was fine, things had gotten done.  It's just so much easier now with FS2crew.  But would I have been as knowledgeable about cockpit systems like hydraulics, pneumatics, or how to start an engine if FS2crew was built into FSX?  I don't think so really.  

So even though I can't wait for FS2crew for the PMDG 777, and I am cursing at myself when I'm frantically trying to press the FLCH button and set the flaps up speed bug on the 777 when I'm simultaneously trying to control the yoke while monitoring the flight director when nosing the aircraft over at the 1000ft AGL climb thrust phase of takeoff, I think about how satisfying it is to know I can do this myself and how my knowledge of the aircraft is only enhanced by the practice I have now without FS2crew's assistance.  Thankfully, the 777's automation makes things easier without FS2crew, the NGX on the other hand was a handful to say the least.  I don't think any simmer in their right mind could argue against having FS2crew to assist in THAT type.